American Prospect Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I thought he was on the same minor midget - AAA team. Hmm my bad.

You must have found his stats at the Eliteprospects website. It's a great site but often the team/league classifications for US youth leagues aren't entirely accurate. Larkin's 2010/2011 stats are from bantam major play within his age group; he was not playing up with the U16 midget minor team.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
anyone know anything about Conor Garland? committed to psu this week. he played on the same team as jack eichel, who ive noticed is highly regarded on this site.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
anyone know anything about Conor Garland? committed to psu this week. he played on the same team as jack eichel, who ive noticed is highly regarded on this site.

Garland is a very skilled but very small forward. That's actually not a bad thing as far as Penn State is concerned because it means he's a good bet to remain there for a full 4 years. If he develops well he's got the potential to be a leading scorer for them. He's certainly one of the more exciting gets for the Penn State program thus far.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
What are the chances NTDP goes after Birdsall next year if the two goalies on the U17 struggle? Is this possible with a Tendered Player or do you think Birdsall would consider since he was "passed over" this year?

WeissFC

@WeissFC
Mar 11, 2010
www.futureconsiderations.ca
What are the chances NTDP goes after Birdsall next year if the two goalies on the U17 struggle? Is this possible with a Tendered Player or do you think Birdsall would consider since he was "passed over" this year?

What are the chances? Decent, but I still like a couple of goalies more than him. Sam Tucker, I believe is first in line.

Possible with a tendered player? I believe so

Would he consider? I'd think so, but now that we see three goalies on this year's U18 team, I would have to say a lot would have to depend on the circumstances.

DS1456Hockey

May 27, 2012
Buffalo NY
Moving to the 97 class.

Team COMCAST player Troy Henley has moved to Ontario to play his midget year. A solid player who was up a year or two vs. playing with his class. Im told he will play for a "super" team assembled with the best talent from Ontario, Quebec and a few Americans.

Does anyone have details? I'm having trouble locating the team and would like follow the talent here.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Moving to the 97 class.

Team COMCAST player Troy Henley has moved to Ontario to play his midget year. A solid player who was up a year or two vs. playing with his class. Im told he will play for a "super" team assembled with the best talent from Ontario, Quebec and a few Americans.

Does anyone have details? I'm having trouble locating the team and would like follow the talent here.

I believe the team he'll be playing for is the Oakville Rangers. I think a good number of players from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights bantam major team that won a US national championship last year will also be playing for that team (including Daniel Sprong from Quebec and a bunch of the Russians they had brought in).

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
What are the chances? Decent, but I still like a couple of goalies more than him. Sam Tucker, I believe is first in line.

Possible with a tendered player? I believe so

Would he consider? I'd think so, but now that we see three goalies on this year's U18 team, I would have to say a lot would have to depend on the circumstances.

Along the same lines, being a November 96 birthday and already committed to BC, anyone know if he'll be accelerating a year to get to BC in 2014, just don't see BC wanting him to come in and start as a true freshman?

DS1456Hockey

May 27, 2012
Buffalo NY
I believe the team he'll be playing for is the Oakville Rangers. I think a good number of players from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights bantam major team that won a US national championship last year will also be playing for that team (including Daniel Sprong from Quebec and a bunch of the Russians they had brought in).

Looks like your info is correct. The info from Ontario is that Henley will be suiting up for the Oakville Rangers Minor Midget team. He is said to be looking to play in the OHL. Would be a solid NTDP pick. Maybe they'll sway him. One other American on the squad. McGlynn. A goalie. His brother is a BC recruit and is playing in the USHL this year. Elite Prospects says Sioux City. Was also a USNTDP top 40 Camp Selection in 2011. If the goal tender gets it done maybe another BC brother tandem in the making.

The balance of the other players are not American. Sprong is on the team. Probably one of the best players in the 97 class. Only one other from Wilkes Bar. The team is allegedly one of the best if not the best in Ontario.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Looks like your info is correct. The info from Ontario is that Henley will be suiting up for the Oakville Rangers Minor Midget team. He is said to be looking to play in the OHL. Would be a solid NTDP pick. Maybe they'll sway him. One other American on the squad. McGlynn. A goalie. His brother is a BC recruit and is playing in the USHL this year. Elite Prospects says Sioux City. Was also a USNTDP top 40 Camp Selection in 2011. If the goal tender gets it done maybe another BC brother tandem in the making.

The balance of the other players are not American. Sprong is on the team. Probably one of the best players in the 97 class. Only one other from Wilkes Bar. The team is allegedly one of the best if not the best in Ontario.

I think majority of WBS Knights 97s stayed together besides Sprong, not positive though.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Jack Walker has signed with the Victoria Royals of the WHL, his brother Ben plays on the team.

He's the exact type of player that shouldn't be signing into the CHL as a 16 year old. Good luck to him though.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
16 year old D Jack Walker is headed North and will play for Victoria of the WHL next year. His brother Ben also plays for the Royals. Lincoln Stars of the USHL held his rights.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
He's the exact type of player that shouldn't be signing into the CHL as a 16 year old. Good luck to him though.

Yes top end prospects especially D men shouldn't sign in a league that churns out Professional D men

What are you thinking Kid?

WeissFC

@WeissFC
Mar 11, 2010
Yes top end prospects especially D men shouldn't sign in a league that churns out Professional D men

Some players are better suited for the college game.

I'd have to side with the fact that I think Jack, at 5'8" 150 pounds, would be better suited to go back to Edina for at least one more year and then probably go to Lincoln then decide what to do.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002

He's 5'10" 170 (being generous) and while he's skilled, he's not a high end NHL prospect. Why not take a year playing in the USHL or even another year in high school and see where you stand? He very likely would have been a four year college player if he had gone that route and now he's going into a situation where he'll have no option but pro hockey at 20/21 years old.

Sorry, but the CHL is not the right choice for every player.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Plenty of smaller guys go to the WHL

Didn't hurt a guy like Tyson Barrie or Derek Pouliot

Go to the best league and play against the best peers. Challenge yourself.

WeissFC

@WeissFC
Mar 11, 2010
Plenty of smaller guys go to the WHL

Didn't hurt a guy like Tyson Barrie or Derek Pouliot

Go to the best league and play against the best peers. Challenge yourself.

Derrick Pouliot was considered the best '94 in WHL territory heading into the league. Walker, who is significantly smaller, isn't even considered the best '96 in the state of Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino