American Prospect Update Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
I haven't seen Cebrian or Stannard recently but I've watched plenty of Schade and Levandowski. Schade is a very solid, pretty mobile two-way defenseman who has some offensive tools. He looked solid the few games he played in the USHL this year, but I'm still not sure he is going to be a top prospect for the draft. Levandowski is kind of a slight, talented scorer who can skate and has really good offensive tools. Both of them I expect to be in the USHL this season (if there is one), where it will be a lot easier to project them. U16 and high school hockey are not the best predictors for what someone will do at the next level. But they both look like very solid potential draftees next year. I probably like Levandowski's upside more but Schade has a good floor

If you would have to pick a darkhorse or a unknown guy to have a breakout season and rise through the draft rankings for next year, who would it be?

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
If you would have to pick a darkhorse or a unknown guy to have a breakout season and rise through the draft rankings for next year, who would it be?
That's kind of hard to say unknown on a prospects forum as most of these guys are 'known' especially among people posting on this thread but one guy who I don't think is on /everyone's/ radar would be Kenny Connors from Mount. Probably the most effective player I saw in U16 hockey this season, really good overall, skating/speed/size, offensive upside, two-way/200 foot type potential, could be a center in the NHL if he keeps at it. The only thing that makes me hesitate is I think he's really good at most things but not necessarily elite/NHL-quality at most things. That can be hard to tell at that level though. There are other 2021 draft guys who have great potential who probably don't have as much hype as the NTDP/USHL rookies, like Paul Davey on Avon, Culin Wilson (Dexter) or Lipkin/Minnehan from the NJ Avalanche. All good forwards with really intriguing upsides and projectable size. Justin Ertel, Jack Bar from St. Andrew's, Canadians tho

Reactions: Luc Poitras

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Looking again at next seasons U17 USDP team and still i'm amazed how much fire power that team haves.
Forwards and Defensemen.

That teams gonna brake all kinds of scoring, point total records next season and if these players development goes as planned
I see...a record braking number of 1st round pics as well what comes to 2022 draft.

Jelly over your 04 team USA, wish we had as many top players.

Reactions: Luc Poitras

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Looking again at next seasons U17 USDP team and still i'm amazed how much fire power that team haves.
Forwards and Defensemen.

That teams gonna brake all kinds of scoring, point total records next season and if these players development goes as planned
I see...a record braking number of 1st round pics as well what comes to 2022 draft.

Jelly over your 04 team USA, wish we had as many top players.

It's too early for these types of projections. There's a lot to be excited about with the '04 class, but let's let them play a couple months first before we start talking about accolades.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
University of Michigan or Providence College could also be in the mix....

I would really doubt any likely draft pick freshman heading to an ivy league school will actually be there. Just makes no sense to lose more of an already-shortened season. My concern is whether the Big Ten or Hockey East will still have their normal seasons as well. I figure the USHL is going ahead almost no matter what. Unlike those big universities they can't really exist on pause for long.

Chicagohockey99

Aug 10, 2020
Lot's of talent headed to the Mount St. Charles program in Rhode Island next season. All their teams proved pretty successful last year in the program's first year as a "development program" with multiple teams.

Some of the players committed to playing there next season for the different Mount teams (and with where they played last year):

U16 Team - Nicholas Rooney '04, Florida Alliance
U16 Team - Pete Sterling '04, Team Maryland. Goalie, who was a NTDP camp invite
U15 Team - Christopher Pelosi '05, Gloucester Catholic High School (NJ)
U15 Team - Zephyr Tangri '05, LA Jr. Kings. Big time prospect, was drafted #19 overall in recent WHL draft
U15 Team - Alexios Georgaklis '05, San Diego Saints. High-end prospect, drafted #3 by Edmonton in WHL draft
U15 Team - Anthony Cardilli '05, Team IIIinois Bantam Majors
U15 Team - Michael Hagens '05, Long Island Royals
U14 Team - James Hagens '06, Long Island Royals (brother of Michael)
U14 Team - Will Felicio '06, Boston Jr. Eagles

Does anyone know if these kids are actually going to Mount St. Charles for the fall - with respect to the Covid Situation ?

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Does anyone know if these kids are actually going to Mount St. Charles for the fall - with respect to the Covid Situation ?

I believe I saw that the school will be opening with a hybrid schedule - some in-class, some online. Don't really know how that will affect the players who board there. Things in Rhode Island having been going pretty good for a while in regards to the Covid situation.

Speaking of the hockey team, they also added top '05 player Tanner Adams from Long Island.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
I believe I saw that the school will be opening with a hybrid schedule - some in-class, some online. Don't really know how that will affect the players who board there. Things in Rhode Island having been going pretty good for a while in regards to the Covid situation.

Speaking of the hockey team, they also added top '05 player Tanner Adams from Long Island.

From everything I’ve seen Tanner Adams was playing for the NJ Aves this year. Did he decide to make a change?

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
From everything I’ve seen Tanner Adams was playing for the NJ Aves this year. Did he decide to make a change?

This write-up on his play from the Eastern Exposure Tourney that was last month, has him going to Mount St. Charles next year.

Tanner Adams
#3 White, Mount Saint Charles 15s, 9/2/05, RW, right shot, 5-7/135
NCAA commit: Providence
Adams, from Northport, N.Y., was a little quiet this past weekend, especially for his standards. He keeps his feet moving and skates well. Adams is moving on from the Long Island Royals to Mount Saint Charles. His vision and playmaking abilities will need to improve in order to stay at the top of the pack in this age group.

Chicagohockey99

Aug 10, 2020
I think Shatucks, Mount St Charles, and South Kent will do well in the coming year as they can adjust their schedule to play wherever and whoever ( prep or AAA ) depending on how things go with Covid plus allot of kids from all over the US have migrated to them especially this year.

hockeyman97

Jan 20, 2020
while views doesn't mean much , elite prospects has alot of europeans getting allot of attention in the 2005 birth year
NAMEBORNYEAR | LATEST TEAMVIEWS Drafted Birthplace Youth Team Contract Ht & Wt Views
3.png
Connor Bedard (F)
2005-07-172021 | Regina Pats | WHL197 414
6.png
Alex Weiermair (F)
2005-05-102020 | Toronto Titans U15 AAA | GTHL U15104 652
1.png
Isac Hedqvist (F)
2005-03-222020 | Svedjeholmens IF U16 | U16 Elit30 506
1.png
Otto Stenberg (F)
2005-05-292021 | Frölunda HC U16 | U16 Elit28 986
3.png
Brayden Yager (F)
2005-01-032021 | Saskatoon Contacts U18 AAA | SMAAAHL27 278
1.png
Johannes Frisk (F)
2005-02-172021 | Mora IK U16 | U16 Elit24 947
4.png
Dalibor Dvorsky (F)
2005-06-152020 | HKM Zvolen U18 | Slovakia U18 223 110
4.png
Samuel Sisik (F)
2005-03-172021 | TPS U18 | U18 SM-sarja22 142
28.png
Borna Kopac (F)
2005-07-292021 | IFK Täby U16 | U16 Div.120 748
2.png
Jesse Nurmi (F)
2005-03-072021 | KooKoo U20 | U20 SM-sarja20 426
6.png
Ryan Fine (F)
2005-03-142020 | Don Bosco Prep | USHS-Prep19 713
3.png
Riley Heidt (F)
2005-03-252021 | Saskatoon Contacts U18 AAA | SMAAAHL17 099
1.png
Ludwig Andersson (D)
2005-04-232021 | Frölunda HC U16 | U16 Elit17 076
3.png
Mitchell Brooks (F)
20052020 | Toronto Titans U15 AAA | GTHL U1516 873
4.png
Filip Janocko (F)
2005-02-232020 | HC 46 Bardejov U18 | Slovakia U18 216 179
3.png
Kalan Lind (F)
2005-01-252021 | Saskatoon Contacts U18 AAA | SMAAAHL14 076
1.png
Anton Petrini (F)
2005-06-302020 | AIK U16 | U16 SM13 706
1.png
Zeb Forsfjäll (F)
2005-01-162021 | Skellefteå AIK J18 | J18 Elit13 484
12.png
Laurin Sandholzer (F)
2005-09-102021 | RB Hockey Academy U18 | IceJL12 559
2.png
Emil Järventie (F)
2005-04-042021 | Ilves U20 | U20 SM-sarja12 521
8.png
Dominik Petr (F)
2005-04-302021 | HC Vitkovice U17 | Czech U1711 967
1.png
William Bengtsson (D)
2005-06-082021 | Rögle BK U16 | U16 Elit11 940
1.png
Gustav Ling (F)
2005-08-242021 | Färjestad BK U16 | U16 Elit11 494
1.png
Felix Lundgren (F)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York

I did see a few Adams to the Avs rumblings, but i guess it's looking likely he's joining MSC after all. Makes sense, a lot of Long Island Royals made the jump to MSC for next year. 05s Christian Venticinque (who i think was Adams linemate) and Michael Hagens. As well as 06s James Hagens and Luke Gallo.

Early on it's looking like an exciting birth year for the NYC area. Aram Minnetian, Ryan Fine, Tanner Adams, Salvatore Guzzo could all be top 05s. Adding Upstate NY theres Quentin Musty, Ryan Smith, Denver Damphousse (dual). Then James Hagens and Thomas Zocco seem like early top 06 names to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dux917

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
FYI, speaking of the Mount St. Charles program (or as its known in New England hockey circles simply as "The Mount")

Also, the tweets on these from Mark Divver - he's a good follow on all things Rhode Island/New England hockey - plus, Hockey East & ECAC college hockey. Usually as a lot of recruiting info too - again, a good follow.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York

Pretty big news for the NTDP to lose both coaches just about a month out from the season. Wonder how they’ll handle it on such short notice. Maybe interim coaches to allow them time to search, or just promote from within.

Last edited:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

Pretty big news for the NTDP to lose both coaches just about a month out from the season. Wonder how they’ll handle it on such short notice. Maybe interim coaches to allow them time to search, or just promote from within.

The NTDP hasn't announced the 2020-21 schedule yet, so it's near impossible they start their season in early September like they normally do. With the NCAA season in flux by conference, the USHL still planning to start in the fall but without a start date or schedule as of now, and with the normal international tournaments unlikely or already canceled (i.e. World U17s), it's going to be very difficult for the NTDP to make a schedule right now as they're reliant on the USHL.

I don't believe the NTDP players are even in Plymouth at the moment beyond a lot of the guys (current and former) based in Michigan as they've been working out at USAH arena. I wouldn't be surprised to see them potentially convene the teams soon and start practicing and have a lot of intrasquad scrimmages though.

In a normal season, losing your coaches 4 weeks before the season wouldn't be ideal, but I think they'll have enough time to fill those spots where it's not really an impact. It's good that Wrobo and Appert are moving on though. Much like with the players, we should want coaches moving up in the ranks and it's never been hard for USAH to get qualified coaches in place.

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
I would grab Kris Mayotte to be one of the NTDP coaches. Young, rising up ranks and has experience at Providence and Michigan but yet to land a head job role and already lives in the area. No brainer.

Reactions: William H Bonney

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I would grab Kris Mayotte to be one of the NTDP coaches. Young, rising up ranks and has experience at Providence and Michigan but yet to land a head job role and already lives in the area. No brainer.

I'm a fan of the NTDP focusing on younger coaches. They connect well with the kids (that was a big part of Wroblewski's success) and they're less likely to be ingrained to the old way of things than older coaches. USAH coaching is not forward thinking at all, so bringing in young coaches to help shake things up is a plus. And if they do well, they'll move up the ranks and still have long coaching careers ahead of them.

The only way I'd consider an older coach would be if that coach is known for their player development.

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
I'm a fan of the NTDP focusing on younger coaches. They connect well with the kids (that was a big part of Wroblewski's success) and they're less likely to be ingrained to the old way of things than older coaches. USAH coaching is not forward thinking at all, so bringing in young coaches to help shake things up is a plus. And if they do well, they'll move up the ranks and still have long coaching careers ahead of them.

The only way I'd consider an older coach would be if that coach is known for their player development.

I agree. The NTDP should be not only a development spot for players but for young coaches. Its great to see them move up the ranks like Wroblewski and Appert. I would approach Mayotte and also possibly Mike Ayers from BC for head coaching roles. Mayotte for reasons already mention and also Ayers who has been involved in USA Hockey and has been an assistant under York for years and would be a good young coach to get a head coaching role. York doesn't seem like he is retiring anytime soon so maybe the job interests Ayers?

Reactions: William H Bonney

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Mayotte would be a great choice - I just don't think he would take it.

He's really in line to get the next big college job when it opens up, if that school would go the "hot" assistant route (it would be Mayotte or UMass's Ben Barr). Just think he's eying his next move to be a head coach college job.

Reactions: OldScool
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad