Amazing piece of historical hockey artwork

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Wow! Flashback! Thats Wild. Ive seen similar, same milieu & style called "Rock Gods", like the cover of Sgt Peppers on acid AND steroids... but nothing like this in the sports & hockey genre..... So, whats the plan?............ Copious amounts of alcohol?.... Transfixed in the rec-room?.... Sounds like a plan to me..... Nice score. :nod:

Reactions: Habsfan18

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Wow! Flashback! Thats Wild. Ive seen similar, same milieu & style called "Rock Gods", like the cover of Sgt Peppers on acid AND steroids... but nothing like this in the sports & hockey genre..... So, whats the plan?............ Copious amounts of alcohol?.... Transfixed in the rec-room?.... Sounds like a plan to me..... Nice score. :nod:

I might need copious amounts of alcohol when my wife finds out how much I keep spending on hockey memorabilia! :laugh:

Nah she’s actually pretty supportive, thankfully! As long as I don’t get too much out of line. ;)

Reactions: iamjs and Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Lovely, and actually cheap all things considered. Ive spent a lot more on far less interesting pieces over the years.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Lovely, and actually cheap all things considered. Ive spent a lot more on far less interesting pieces over the years.

Yeah, I didn’t think the price was too bad. The 12x16 is only $49 but definitely wouldn't look as nice on the wall, IMO. So I figured dropping $200 on such a unique and detailed piece was totally worth it. I can post another picture when i get it if you guys are interested.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Yeah, that is seriously nice & interesting. Do you have one of them 70's?

Yes, but not exactly. I had a quite large sample mailed to me as a advertisement in approximately 2003. At that time, I scanned it in high quality scans, put them all together into a big file, and took it to a print shop to have it printed and laminated. Now it's about 2 feet by 5 feet and looks awesome, maybe nearly as good as the real thing. Definitely a sneaky and underhanded way to get a copy of it, and maybe even illegal too. I'm not proud of it, but I am happy that I have a copy of this thing... And I mean I was 22 at the time, so if anyone wants to judge me by what I did once when I was 22, they can be my guest haha

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
"The Dream Begins Here" Limited Edition Prints

Just bought the 24x30 for $199. Came across it today and thought it would be absolutely perfect for the mancave.

It’s drawn by pencil and is honestly probably the best piece of hockey art I’ve ever seen. The level of detail is outstanding.

Yvon Cournoyer hoisting the Stanley Cup - which isn't there - is down right weird. Now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it. What a baffling choice by the artist to use a picture where he's hoisting the Cup as his model for that image. Bizarre.

Reactions: Killion

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... I just meant unique in the sense that it has sketches of 100 all-time greats on it, never really seen anything quite like it before.
That it is. When I looked at the zoomed images on the web page, it was mesmerizing. Your wife may come to your mancave, see your eyes glazed over staring at it & think you've had WAY too much to drink. :amazed:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Yvon Cournoyer hoisting the Stanley Cup - which isn't there - is down right weird. Now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it. What a baffling choice by the artist to use a picture where he's hoisting the Cup as his model for that image. Bizarre.

I can almost guarantee that Yzerman image is from a cup win as well. I bet those aren't the only ones.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Noticed the artist also added in McDavid. I guess it’s fair to say he has the potential to have a top 100 all-time career, haha.

Received the artwork in the mail today. It’s even nicer in person. The pictures on his site don’t do it justice.

Reactions: Killion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad