Amazing attendence

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I haven't seen fans at all.. no way this beats out north america and Czech attendance. I need numbers and graphs.lol

Reactions: Cowumbus

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not looking like it, might be hearing wrong.

Games played 27
Attendance 149,514 (5,538 per game)

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
What a atmosphere in the arena. Swedish singing and much more lively than the czechs

Well, the Sweden games have been well attended which should be expected, as was the other semifinal and Canada’s games. Kudos to Canadian fans showing up in droves, I’m thinking that’s largely what carried a matchup like Canada - Germany to a crowd of 7 327. Also heard that a lot of the Canadians have stayed to watch games despite their team ousted early, that’s nice.

The mostly Swedish fans don’t seem as keen on watching neutral matches however.

Finland - Slovakia quarterfinals had 2480 in attendance. USA - Latvia, 2749. I think it’s sad that only 984 people attended a cool matchup like Czech Republic - Slovakia.

Me being used to SHL crowds isn’t as impressed by the comparatively uninspired chanting, but for what it is, of course I appreciate the emotion and enthusiasm from the fans. However, when the atmosphere during Sweden - Canada received praise from North American media, my immediate thought was “if you enjoyed this, you should stick around next time Färjestad visits Frölunda!”.

Last edited:

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Let's starting getting these stats in %, not in absolute numbers.

Imho, if a tournament has an average capacity of, say, 9000, and average attendance of 8400, it's more worth than capacity 20'000 and attendance 10'000.

Reactions: theslatcher

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
However, when the atmosphere during Sweden - Canada received praise from North American media, my immediate thought was “if you enjoyed this, you should stick around next time Färjestad visits Frölunda!”.

I had the exact same thoughts reading posts on here about the atmosphere at the games. I was in attendance for the Semis and thought it was tame. Saying that, lot's of nerves in the air for us Swedes.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Problem is that really only Swedes showed up. During some days there have been day tickets, which means you can watch both games in a rink, for that day. Which helped boost up the non-Sweden games in group A.

Sure, Canadians have showed up, but was still a very distant second in the group stage, as to be expected.

The Finnish, Slovakian, Czechian, and American support have been dreadful, which means group B attendence sucked. Only one game in that group had more attendence than the Norway - Latvia relegation game (games which usually have around the lowest attendence), and not by much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad