Recalled/Assigned: Amadio recalled from ONT Auger sent back

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
This should be interesting, Amadio is another prospect I was hyped for, along with Kempe...

Reactions: funky

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Exciting the way they are giving prospects some exposure/experience and then rotating with a new prospect if they are not terribly effective. Keeps motivating all the prospects and sends the message that if you help the team and grab a spot you'll stay up and if you don't you'll get a chance to keep working on your game in the AHL.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Exciting the way they are giving prospects some exposure/experience and then rotating with a new prospect if they are not terribly effective. Keeps motivating all the prospects and sends the message that if you help the team and grab a spot you'll stay up and if you don't you'll get a chance to keep working on your game in the AHL.

I agree. Love giving all these guys a taste.

Reactions: Sol

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
lets see what the kid can do !!!! any ideas on what line he centers if he plays???
I'd like to see him center the 3rd line with Cammy and Lewis

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
lets see what the kid can do !!!! any ideas on what line he centers if he plays???
I'd like to see him center the 3rd line with Cammy and Lewis
I agree he would be a good fit on that line, although more likely coach goes into protection mode and puts him on the 4th line. Anything to get Andreoff out of the line up is good. If Amadio goes to the 4th they could put Laich on LW or put Shore centering the 4th.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I like the fact the kings seem to be trying out the kids earlier in there career. However i think this is to early I would have preferred to see him in Jan or Feb I think he still has things to learn in the ahl

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
You would not see Auger, Amadio or Iafallo and possibly Fantenburg in the lineup if Sutter was still at the helm IMO. That is a change that had to be made. Really excited for LA's prospects in that they're getting a shot. Wish that Weal would of been given a proper look.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
We're obviously just showcasing him to Vegas for Vadim Shipachyov.

I'm kidding guys.. kind of.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
You would not see Auger, Amadio or Iafallo and possibly Fantenburg in the lineup if Sutter was still at the helm IMO. That is a change that had to be made. Really excited for LA's prospects in that they're getting a shot. Wish that Weal would of been given a proper look.
Just like we never saw Voynov, Nolan, King, Pearson, Toffoli, Muzzin, Forbort, Shore, Andreoff, Jones, Dowd... right?

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
This notion that Sutter never plays rookies is just garbage. People will go out of their way to discredit the coach (and GM) that gave this franchise their best 3-year championship run that FAR FAR surpasses anything in the Gretzky era. Sickening. Just say thanks and give it up.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This is pretty f***ing hot. Pls be good bby. I hope he sticks.. Exciting time To be a Kings fan. All these rookies getting a shot so quickly, very refreshing.

Should go a long way to motivate players.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Just like we never saw Voynov, Nolan, King, Pearson, Toffoli, Muzzin, Forbort, Shore, Andreoff, Jones, Dowd... right?

While I agree with you that all those guys you just mentioned is an example of introducing young players, but all of those guys were in our system for a couple of years before they made the NHL full time. With Iafallo and Fantenberg i think its fair to say that both Sutter and Lombardi would not have started them int he NHL right off the bat. Iafallo had no professional experience. And while Fantenberg had professional experience in the KHL, he's never played on NA ice. Lombardi would always talk about earning your dues and there's no such thing as too much time in the AHL so you could assume both Iafallo and Fantenberg would not be on this team to start the year if Lombardi and Sutter were still here.

Reactions: Reaper45

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
That would be something awesome, but I think he is going to wait until he becomes a UFA to come over. But could you imagine Porky and Voynov coming over.
Maybe I'm wrong but without any type of agreement between the NHL and KHL, don't the Kings hold his rights indefinitely??? pretty sure I read that somewhere...
Also, would love to see Dominik Kubalik come over as well.. Kid is pretty talented and if doesn't make the club then finally trade him... assets are coming in left and right over the next few years...
Gabriel Vilardi
Michael Amadio
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Nikolai Prokhorkin
Dominik Kubalik
Alexander Dergachyov
Austin Wagner
Kale Clague
Cal Petersen
Paul LaDue
Kevin Gravel
Matt Villalta
Jonny Brodzinski
and a few more..... We finally have that pipeline going!!

Last edited:

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
While I agree with you that all those guys you just mentioned is an example of introducing young players, but all of those guys were in our system for a couple of years before they made the NHL full time. With Iafallo and Fantenberg i think its fair to say that both Sutter and Lombardi would not have started them int he NHL right off the bat. Iafallo had no professional experience. And while Fantenberg had professional experience in the KHL, he's never played on NA ice. Lombardi would always talk about earning your dues and there's no such thing as too much time in the AHL so you could assume both Iafallo and Fantenberg would not be on this team to start the year if Lombardi and Sutter were still here.

And who is to say they would not have earned a call-up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad