Player Discussion Alzner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Alzner gets $6 million in salary next season. Ridiculous.
Bad signings usually are......it happens, all we can hope for now is he works out in the off season on whatever he needs to do to improve himself. A better overall team should make him look better too.....again, it’s a bad signing, I’m not arguing that.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Bad signings usually are......it happens, all we can hope for now is he works out in the off season on whatever he needs to do to improve himself. A better overall team should make him look better too.....again, it’s a bad signing, I’m not arguing that.

"Alzner has rebound season with his career best 22 points!"

Gosh he's such an embarrassing signing. Mike Komisarek without the all-star game appearance.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

I wonder if he could be faster if he shed some (a lot of) weight. He's pretty chucky looking for a pro athlete. If Spacek was triple chin, he's triple cheeks.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'd rather have Joe Morrow at 650 000 than this guy.
What a waste of money. It has to be one of the worst signing in this team history.

Price, and/or Shaw, may top Alzner's deal in that regard.

Plus, if Weber starts to decline before he's 36 (it's very cheap to buy him out afterwards), that will be yet another huge, bad contract.

More history making may be on the horizon for this club.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
In such a horrible boring season it’s one of the many highlights from MB supporters reading there thoughts on the Alzner signings.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
"Alzner has rebound season with his career best 22 points!"

Gosh he's such an embarrassing signing. Mike Komisarek without the all-star game appearance.
Honestly, I play some fantasy hockey and I am aware that he used to rack up a lot of hits but I'm genuinely impressed by how not physical this guy is. At least you could count on Komi to destroy guys a la Emelin (pre Lucic).

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
What a waste of money. It has to be one of the worst signing in this team history.

Price, and/or Shaw, may top Alzner's deal in that regard.

Whoa, easy there guys. Players making less than a $5M cap aren't ever going to be the worst signings in history. They are thorns in our sides, yes but let's be realistic here. If Price is injured or doesn't return to form for at least 5 out of the next 8 years I think that singing will be far worse for the team. Gomez also comes to mind.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
"20 minutes a game of mistake free hockey."

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

People who think like Bergevin (and it's more people than we'd like to think) believe in the concept of mistake free hockey and it's ridiculous. In the last 20 years the only guy I can describe to have played mistake free hockey is Nicklas Lidstrom. Maybe Scott Neidermayer but that's it (there was a time I think Markov got close to mistake free hockey but even he would have the occasional blunder). These one way defensive buoys do not play mistake free hockey. They play system hockey, and the systems can fail.

Honestly, I play some fantasy hockey and I am aware that he used to rack up a lot of hits but I'm genuinely impressed by how not physical this guy is. At least you could count on Komi to destroy guys a la Emelin (pre Lucic).

He's actually back to his 15-16 levels. Last season he was hitting less. What's crazier is that we lead the league in hits.

Reactions: Peanut

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Pivotal that we try and trade him at the draft, I'd bundle him with a pick in order to get rid of him.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
People who think like Bergevin (and it's more people than we'd like to think) believe in the concept of mistake free hockey and it's ridiculous. In the last 20 years the only guy I can describe to have played mistake free hockey is Nicklas Lidstrom. Maybe Scott Neidermayer but that's it (there was a time I think Markov got close to mistake free hockey but even he would have the occasional blunder). These one way defensive buoys do not play mistake free hockey. They play system hockey, and the systems can fail.

He's actually back to his 15-16 levels. Last season he was hitting less. What's crazier is that we lead the league in hits.
Perfect proof at how inflated our stats are in that regard :laugh:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Best-Hand-Gripper-Exercises-300x221.jpg

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Strange that you would compare their point production. Who cares?

Alzner was brought in to be a defensive upgrade over Emelin, not an offensive upgrade. Turns out he actually *is* an offensive upgrade too, but that's just gravy.

Alzner the offensive and defensive upgrade over Emelin. :popcorn:

You are pretty quiet on this one, unlike the Andrighetto thing, even if you were wrong in both case. :popcorn:

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
He's no Tony Twist but he will probably be one of the worst top four defenceman offensively in the league.

There's still two games of hope for Karl Alzner but for defencemen that have played at least 60 games and average 20 minutes TOI/GP, he's tied with Travis Hamonic for the lowest point total at 11. Hamonic played six less games. The lowest point per game of any top four defenceman. I should have just stuck to my guns and said, "he will be the worst top four defenceman offensively."

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

I wonder if he could be faster if he shed some (a lot of) weight. He's pretty chucky looking for a pro athlete. If Spacek was triple chin, he's triple cheeks.

That would be a start....he’s gotta do something.

He's shedding the weight, and working hard on improving his deficiencies :thumbu:

2rz8mci.jpg

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
You guys are right, Alzner sucks defensively. No point in watching games anymore, let's just look at these charts. Our management clearly is unaware these charts exist, and don't have access to better charts, and just signed a terrible defenceman to a 5 year deal at over 4.5m per.

Am I doing it right?

Yes, you are !

Last edited:

Curtoph

Jan 22, 2018
Anyone explain where the pickle meme of Alzner came from? I'm out of the loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad