Alyn McCauley nominated for Selke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
It is with great delight that I can announce that Alyn McCauley has been nominated for this years NHL Selke award.

I don't generally like to gloat, but I just can't help but say, 'Told you so.'

A few years ago I predicted that McCauley would some day play a dominant role in the NHL. I posted my prediction, and got many laughs from around the HFNHL. Well, to all the nay-sayers, you can all eat crow! He has proven himself to be one of the leagues best defensive forwards. However, his elite status should be of no surprise - he demonstrated his ability to compete and lead with leagues elite 2 years ago in the playoffs when he finished the Leaf run with 15 points in 20 games - he was a clutch performer and leader on and off the ice, and the team would not have gone as far as it did without him.

This year, he finished the regular season at +23 with 20 goals, and 27 assists. He tied for 3rd in overall points on the Sharks.

Congratulations Alyn McCauley!

The other Selke nominees are Kris Draper and John Madden.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
hockeyguy1 said:
ya to bad the leafs traded him numbskull.

Before you jump to comment, hockeyguy1, I suggest you review the thread titled "COL trades backup goalie, puts players on the block", below. It explains your mistake far more diplomatically than I could! :teach:

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Ohio Jones said:
Before you jump to comment, hockeyguy1, I suggest you review the thread titled "COL trades backup goalie, puts players on the block", below. It explains your mistake far more diplomatically than I could! :teach:

it's amzing how many people just don't get that this is a sim league...and that they relly make an azz out of themselves by thinking that the NHL is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad