24. Rangers: Dubynk
25. Edmonton: Green
26. Vancouver: Graham
27. Washington: Schultz
28. San Jose: Sindel
29. Washington: Frannson
30. Tampa Bay: Alexandrov

O.K: It's time to destroy the mock GO :D

Don't see the Rangers taking Dubnyk with Green (who they like a lot) available.

Jon Burke

modestfwd said:
Don't see the Rangers taking Stafford wiht Ladd and Olesz available

Agreed, also think Valabik is a little high and Wolski is rather low. Otherwise, not too bad.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
modestfwd said:
Don't see the Rangers taking Stafford wiht Ladd and Olesz available

Actually, there's A LOT of smoke out there that the Rangers WILL take Stafford at #6. He scored the highest of any potential draftee on the psychological test. It would not be so shocking, unless Sather is putting up a HUGE smokescreen.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
jas said:
Actually, there's A LOT of smoke out there that the Rangers WILL take Stafford at #6. He scored the highest of any potential draftee on the psychological test. It would not be so shocking, unless Sather is putting up a HUGE smokescreen.
Hope he is putting up a smokescreen... If Olesz or Ladd is on board when we pick, and we pick Stafford, I will hunt the little ****er (Sather) down, and shoot him.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Broadway Crosby said:
Hope he is putting up a smokescreen... If Olesz or Ladd is on board when we pick, and we pick Stafford, I will hunt the little ****er (Sather) down, and shoot him.

Because you've seen all three players play, right?

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
jas said:

How do you know this?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
dunwoody_joe said:
I was hoping for a more legitimate source. ;)

We have a couple of what we like to call "insiders" at our board. Obviously every piece of info can be taken with a grain of salt. But, for the most part we get our share of juicy morsels. The trade deadline was especially fun.

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
jas said:
We have a couple of what we like to call "insiders" at our board. Obviously every piece of info can be taken with a grain of salt. But, for the most part we get our share of juicy morsels. The trade deadline was especially fun.

Good enough.

Insiders have an opinion about who the Rangers take at #6?

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
very good mock draft

i agree with the caps taking two dmen late in the first round and then snagging a forward early in the second since it seems like a couple decent ones will still fall past the first round

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
dunwoody_joe said:
Good enough.

Insiders have an opinion about who the Rangers take at #6?

Actually, we get both opinion and speculation. Read the whole thread. There's plenty to chew on - the Oil's interest in Schremp, three Western Canadian teams asking about Lundmark, the Cap asking for Lundmark, Tyutin, and the two #1 picks for Ovechkin...plus, there's speculation and opinion about Stafford, and possible movement of Lundmark and Poti. In fact, all three insiders get in on the act - PARK#2, SOTI, and EDGE have all provided tidbits of info. Of course, none of it matters at the end of the day, as a majority of the stuff that gets discussed by most GMs doesn't amount to anything. ;)

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Broadway Crosby said:
As a matter of fact, yes.

So, in your estimation, Stafford is a wasted pick then? Because, I have other sources that would very much disagree with you.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
jas said:
So, in your estimation, Stafford is a wasted pick then? Because, I have other sources that would very much disagree with you.

I have a serious problem with that pick if Olesz and Ladd are still available. They want Stafford that bad, great trade up from 24 or something else to nab him, but not at 6 when he could be around by 10 and that pick keeps being mentioned as available from ATL. This is why I hate this pick.............yeah I never seen him play, but I can read:
From THN draft preview the last two paragraphes on him: "He works and works and works and I think there's an offensive upside waiting to be found," said a scout. "He's raw, but he can be polished."

Yeah that doesn't sound too bad, but for a top 6 pick, but I want more offensive talent like a Ladd or Olesz COULD bring.
But this is what takes the cake for me if this happens and it makes me sick.
Again from THN draft preview last paragraph on Stafford: "Stafford is the nephew of Edmonton Oilers equipment manager Barrie Stafford."
To me Sather passes on the much more talented player for an old oil pal's son who could be good...................god I hope Maloney is calling the shots at the draft!

FSH2003

Jun 12, 2004
Took this from another board

Came across this interesting prediction in the Edmonton Sun:

While Lowe and Prendergast insist they'll get a prospect they want with the 14th pick, landing one of the kids they covet - Andrew Ladd, Drew Stafford, Robbie Schremp and Alexandre Picard - might demand a trade.

Stafford, a big right-winger from North Dakota, won't make it past the sixth pick. The New York Rangers will take him. If the Oilers are as hot for Stafford as I believe they are, Lowe will have to strike a deal with Chicago, Columbus or Phoenix. That, or take a stroll to the Rangers table for a chat with Glen Sather.

Jon Burke

FSH2003 said:
Came across this interesting prediction in the Edmonton Sun:

While Lowe and Prendergast insist they'll get a prospect they want with the 14th pick, landing one of the kids they covet - Andrew Ladd, Drew Stafford, Robbie Schremp and Alexandre Picard - might demand a trade.

Stafford, a big right-winger from North Dakota, won't make it past the sixth pick. The New York Rangers will take him. If the Oilers are as hot for Stafford as I believe they are, Lowe will have to strike a deal with Chicago, Columbus or Phoenix. That, or take a stroll to the Rangers table for a chat with Glen Sather.

That's Pejorative Slured to take Stafford 6th overall, never mind earlier. There are guys with much more potential available, so I can't understand why you'd take him over them.

Alouette_19

Jul 21, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Danrik said:
That's Pejorative Slured to take Stafford 6th overall, never mind earlier. There are guys with much more potential available, so I can't understand why you'd take him over them.

I agree with you Danrik....but the GM is Sather???

Personnally, my head tell me Ladd for the Rangers but the head of Sather will maybe say something else like Maybe??? Stafford.
Sather is maybe scared to take another player from the Hitmen???

This draft is full of ??? except for AO and EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad