Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, we have a manager now. So it's back to patiently waiting for Vlad Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Love Donaldson, but this is just gonna serve a whole bunch of schadenfreude to the crowd once he goes down with an injury next season.

Like really, baseball is the one sport where you can pretty much guarantee you’ll see the disabled list any and every given year.

Reactions: Anthrax442

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
I thought the same thing. He specially mentioned how excited he was to work with our old trainer in the press conference. He is an idiot but a great player.

Reactions: Anthrax442

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Garrett Richards to padres. Was hoping jays would get him. Wouldnt get anything out of him this year. But good optikn for next. Oh well

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Rosenthal: Corbin should receive six-year offers; Yankees...
Cost uncertainty is one reason for the Indians to trade right-hander Trevor Bauer rather than Corey Kluber or Carlos Carrasco. Bauer’s appeal to clubs heavy into analytics is another. He turns 28 on Jan. 17, approaches his craft intellectually and is still trending upward.

Carrasco will pitch next season at 32, Kluber at 33. Carrasco is the most affordable, earning $9.75 million in 2019 with a $10.25 million club option in ’20. Kluber will earn $17 million in 2019 with club options of $17.5 million in ’20 and $18 million in ’21 (his three straight top-three Cy Young finishes triggered escalators in his original contract).

Bauer, with two years of arbitration remaining before he becomes a free agent, has said repeatedly he will not sign an extension, preferring to go year to year. MLBTradeRumors projects he will earn $11.6 million in arbitration next season. His number the following year might approach $20 million. The Indians cannot be sure.

Any team that acquired Bauer would inherit the same questions, but clubs today crave surplus value — a player’s worth, based upon Wins Above Replacement, beyond his salary. Bauer, even as he grows more expensive, offers the greatest upside, and perhaps the greatest chance for surplus value among the three available Indians starters.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Wow I thought Seattle was dumb but now I know why they are making this deal (depending on how much they eat). Get out from under Cano AND got a very good prospect.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Do any mariner players own houses in seattle? Seems like no player is there long enough to go house hunting. If i was a player and dipoto was my gm i would just live in my suitcase and check mlbtraderumors every day to see if ive been traded yet.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Vox Media is a house of cards. Apologies to HFB but internet advertising and personal data collecting is wildly overvalued for anything other than surveillance. An adjustment is coming.

Josh Donaldson, what a class act. We're finding out retrospectively that our great 2015 team was rife with suspect characters.

Last edited:

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Brad Buys Vladito | FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball

I stripped out the names so you can thoughtfully ponder the pair for a moment. Obviously, Player A was Trout. The 33 steals would have been a give away. As a pure hitter, Vladito has put Trout-the-Prospect to shame. Other prospects have done this without experiencing much major league success. Notably, age 19 Buxton hit 12 home runs, stolen 55 bases, and slashed something like .335/.424/.520 between two Single-A levels. He’s managed just 4.6 WAR in 1,074 plate appearances.

Two takeaways:
1. We have Vlad; hurray.
2. Trade for Buxton.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
20 years ago today Buck Showalter, then Manager of the Diamondbacks, called for an intentional walk of Barry Bonds in the bottom of the 9th, up by 2 runs with 2 out, with the bases loaded.

#neverforget.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
20 years ago today Buck Showalter, then Manager of the Diamondbacks, called for an intentional walk of Barry Bonds in the bottom of the 9th, up by 2 runs with 2 out, with the bases loaded.

#neverforget.

Remember that time he had a 6 run lead with the bases loaded and called for a bases loaded walk because that would have made it a save situation so he had an excuse to finally bring in his closer :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad