Allen Americans becomes Seattle's ECHL Affliation

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'll be surprised if the Blues/T-birds end up with an ECHL partner. St. Louis probably didn't want an AHL affiliate, either.

All 27 ECHL teams are affiliated with an NHL team. So the 5 teams will have to send their players to different ECHL teams.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I'll be surprised if the Blues/T-birds end up with an ECHL partner. St. Louis probably didn't want an AHL affiliate, either.
Blues don't own own or operate the affiliates, JM.... that ended when Vancouver bought the AHL affiliate rights and before this season placed it in Utica..

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Blues don't own own or operate the affiliates, JM.... that ended when Vancouver bought the AHL affiliate rights and before this season placed it in Utica..
I was well aware. My point wasn't ownership, it was a desire (or lack of one) to establish a business partnership with lower level hockey. If the Blues didn't need a spot to park a few prospects, they'd be unlikely to give the AHL or ECHL the time of day. It's how the current NHL team ownership rolls.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
There are 5 NHL teams that don't have one not 4. Also there's isn't enough ECHL teams for all 32 teams to have an affiliate.

Yes, I forgot to mention St. Louis in my list.

And I'm already aware there aren't enough ECHL teams for each NHL team:

All 27 ECHL teams are affiliated with an NHL team. So the 5 teams will have to send their players to different ECHL teams.

Reactions: JMCx4

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I already bitch-slapped @Adam Michaels for that initial oversight. Make your own fun. ;)

CornyOrderlyDowitcher-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: JMCx4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad