All-Time Wrestling Draft

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
What do you mean by writing up a review? Like backstory to each match?
Some people do, most don't.

Most cards are submitted but there is a hold up on a few. I'll let you guys know when we're going to get going.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I just was asking because if anyone tells me the results, I'm voting for the other card lol

I do them to give some sort of focus on the build, most of them detailed (some less so this year). But I don't give a result. Some people give them in spoils.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I give the gist of the build but I don't give any results. I don't quite get the logic of giving the results given this exercise but it isn't something I penalize. If there is a good build it can boost a card in my estimation, though by the same token a bad build or gimmick choice can hurt a card.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Just so I'm clear - a backstory leading up to the match is OK but you guys don't want the result posted ??? Hmmmmm...........one of my main angles is a direct result of the finish. All righty then - I'll figure it out.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I've posted the results to my show every year. But they're in purely optional spoiler tags.

You'll like what I tell you to like god dammit.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Actually I'm more interested in other GMs posting or pming me their opinion of what the results would be than I am in getting their votes.

theedge9

May 21, 2018
I just finished my card! I did include results and little summaries for each match. I hope that doesn't turn too many people off!!

I'm excited to see other's cards!

If nothing else- looking fw to the feedback on my ideas

Reactions: Elvis P

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Just so I'm clear - a backstory leading up to the match is OK but you guys don't want the result posted ??? Hmmmmm...........one of my main angles is a direct result of the finish. All righty then - I'll figure it out.

Though I don't care for seeing the results, I do think that everyone should make the card that they like. If you start trying to appeal to everyone you end up veering toward the generic. I made background for my matches that is a little over four thousand words. Not everyone is going to like that and certainly not everyone will read it, but it's what motivates me to put thought into things. If what you see happening requires you to reveal match results then that's probably what you should do.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One reason I don't give the results, is because it gives me something to build off for next year.

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
I don't think there should ever be a "set" pattern to win . Or asking what the other people want to see . Show them the shit and make them want more :nod:
Everyone is different , don't just put down wrestlers names like WWE does now , try and make it mean something .
Hell , one guy in this is excited for old man boobs :huh:

boob post vanished ? Is Bogart a special agent ???

Reactions: theedge9

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Sorry if this was already discussed..

Say I want a backstage brawl, are those allowed or not because it wasn't in the list of "match style"?

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Sorry if this was already discussed..

Say I want a backstage brawl, are those allowed or not because it wasn't in the list of "match style"?
You would have to have drafted a No DQ to book a backstage brawl match, yes. You can freely reference a brawl having happened all you like.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
200.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad