"All-Time Drafts"? "History-related Drafts"? Here on FANTASY? Or Over on HISTORY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I agree the ATD should remain the big focus of this sub-board and we shouldn't let other drafts dilude the enthousiasm for it.But as of now, I don't see the other draft having this impact given who's participating in them.

I see it as playing street hockey during the summer waiting for your real league to start in the winter.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Why don't you share your concerns about the impact the PTD might have on this sub-board VanIslander?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Some concerns of mine:

- More and more drafts such as the PTD being created and ran (potentially even while the ATD is running) based on the rule that such drafts belongs on this board.

- Enthousiasm for the ATD lowering due to too many drafts involving the (or some) top players being available each year.

- The average knowledge of posters getting weaker and weaker due to a big wave of newcomers

Right now I think my first concern could be easily controlled by the moderators, which should give priority to the ATD above everything else and forbid any other draft while the ATD is running.

The second concern could happen, but people tend to come back to the ATD regardless of whether or not they participated in the lower drafts, so we have a precedent here (though these lower drafts don't involve the same players as the ATD, while drafts like the PTD does partially).

The last concern is legit and serious.But right now I don't see it happening.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
- Enthousiasm for the ATD lowering due to too many drafts involving the (or some) top players being available each year.

- The average knowledge of posters getting weaker and weaker due to a big wave of newcomers...
Newcomers who needn't look in history back beyond the Gretzky era! .... Indeed. A huge concern of mine.

We have seen so many great ATDers transform themselves from modern-biased drafters as newbies to all-time drafters as veterans.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I don't know who you are (in ten years on this board) but I think asking these questions are not overreactions.

Thats not quoipourquois fault now is it? Hes a original poster on HoH forums with much knowledge about historic players. Hes an antagonist of mine :laugh:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
1. There needs to be a place on hfboards for history-related fantasy games other than the traditional ATD. And right now, this subforum is the most appropriate place. Maybe this will change in the future; maybe not. And there is also place for history-interested posters who can't follow the rigid ATD-MLD-AAA draft yearly schedule. Its not just about the hardcore MLDers (of which I am one); it's about what's best for all history fans on hfboards. If you just can't stand seeing other threads, just click the little X by the thread title for "ignore thread."

2. Site admins don't want to move forums unless given a really good reason to, because apparently, it's a major hassle. I think most of us agree this forum would make more sense as a subforum of the history board, but its not happening any time soon. Email [email protected] if you strongly disagree with this.

3. Have you considered that posters drawn in by more casual drafts might join the ATD in the future?

4. Moderator decisions about what is or is not appropriate as a thread on this forum are not up for public discussion. If you disagree with a moderator decision, send a polite PM to a forum mod (as of today, Hawkey Town and myself), or you can appeal to site admins at [email protected]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad