All-time Draft #6 sign-up

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I say we retire the red wings for this draft in memory of spitfire!
I don't know if "in memory" is the term I'd be using. But I think it'd be a fitting tribute. Spitfire's the only GM who should ever be allowed to use the team name "Detroit Red Wings," just like BM67 is the only person who should be able to use "New Jersey Devils" and Leaf Lander's the only guy who should be allowed to use "Toronto Maple Leafs." This draft wouldn't exist without those three guys.

Speaking of LL, where the heck is he? Normally he's announced his intentions to have a team, he's announced he'll be the Leafs, and he's added 10 new entries to the bio page.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
We could predetermine two conferences and four divisions, five teams per division, for 20 teams total... with four teams from each division making the "playoffs" (poll) or else one team getting a bye.

For instance, the B.C. division:

Hedberg - Victoria Salmon Kings
God Bless Canada - Trail Smoke Eaters
The Great Elvi - Vancouver Blazers
pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers
VanIslander - Burnaby Mountaineers

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I do like the division idea but if I may - lets take a page out of the old NHL book and name the divisions with something more lively than the geographical regions where the teams reside. I propose something along the lines of...

Spitfire Division
reckoning - Buffalo Sabres
Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
shawnmullin - Blackburn Stingers
pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers
VanIslander - Burnaby Mountaineers

LL Division
Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
raleh - Montreal Maroons
murray - Hamilton Tiger Cubs
Wisent - Quebec Citadelles

Trottier Division
God Bless Canada - Trail Smoke Eaters
The Great Elvi - Vancouver Blazers
Murphy2 - Edmonton Oilers
Transplanted Caper - Halifax Schooners
Hedberg - Victoria Salmon Kings

BM Division (well we might have to work on that one)
BM67 - New Jersey Devils
Zetterberg4Captain - Saskatoon Blues
kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
#66 - Spartak Moscow
HankyFourFingers - Hartford Whalers

Four even divisions - some fun little things to (Leaf Lander being in the Quebec division!)

Last edited:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
A division named after me? Not that I'm declining, but what'd I do to deserve this? This is only my second draft. If anything, name it after kreuzer, or Lone Elvi (or whatever you're calling yourself now), or a guy who's been around for three or four drafts. But divisions would be fun. BM, LL and Spit would be very deserving namees.

Finding a way to have a playoff, based on peer evaluations, would be great. (Or we could go to some of the other knowledgeable posters not in this draft: Spitfire, Ogopogo, ClassicHockey, trottier, John Flyers Fan, etc., who would rate the teams). I wouldn't go to the poll and petition board - most of those posters have little idea about the history of the game, and that's what we're celebrating here.

I love the look of this draft. I believe we have 13 of 17 GMs returning from the last draft. Good to have Elvi and VanIslander back. Evil Speaker has impressed since he started posting in this forum. Don't know much about the other four guys. If Murphy2 thinks shawnmullin would be a good addition, that's good enough for me. Besides, it's always good to have another dread of society, I mean a media member, in this pool. To the rookies: welcome. You're going to have a lot of fun. You're also going to learn a lot. I know I did in my first draft.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
A division named after me? Not that I'm declining, but what'd I do to deserve this? This is only my second draft. If anything, name it after kreuzer, or Lone Elvi (or whatever you're calling yourself now), or a guy who's been around for three or four drafts. But divisions would be fun. BM, LL and Spit would be very deserving namees.

Finding a way to have a playoff, based on peer evaluations, would be great. (Or we could go to some of the other knowledgeable posters not in this draft: Spitfire, Ogopogo, ClassicHockey, trottier, John Flyers Fan, etc., who would rate the teams). I wouldn't go to the poll and petition board - most of those posters have little idea about the history of the game, and that's what we're celebrating here.

I love the look of this draft. I believe we have 13 of 17 GMs returning from the last draft. Good to have Elvi and VanIslander back. Evil Speaker has impressed since he started posting in this forum. Don't know much about the other four guys. If Murphy2 thinks shawnmullin would be a good addition, that's good enough for me. Besides, it's always good to have another dread of society, I mean a media member, in this pool. To the rookies: welcome. You're going to have a lot of fun. You're also going to learn a lot. I know I did in my first draft.

Great and thanks. I think I will have fun.:)

In addition; I really like the idea of divisions.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
To the rookies: welcome. You're going to have a lot of fun. You're also going to learn a lot. I know I did in my first draft.

Thanks, I've been a long time reader, and I just found my password for this site again. The HoH forum here is amazing, and I know this draft will be a ton a fun. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
In addition to a natural 5-team B.C. division there could be

a natural 5-team U.S. division:

reckoning - Buffalo Sabres
Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
BM67 - New Jersey Devils
kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
HankyFourFingers - Hartford Whalers

and a natural 5-team Central Canada division:

Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
raleh - Montreal Maroons
murray - Hamilton Tiger Cubs
Wisent - Quebec Citadelles

The only division without a natural name would be:

Zetterberg4Captain - Saskatoon Blues
Murphy2 - Edmonton Oilers
Transplanted Caper - Halifax Schooners
shawnmullin - Blackburn Stingers
#66 - Spartak Moscow

The Fringe Division? ;) the Prairie Global division? the... ?

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
geographically im in the east baby

right on the shores of the atlantic

Well, I'm way west, and north, and.....on the banks of the Peace River......

Great idea on divisions VanIslander, it should spark some interesting debate as the draft proceeds.

I'm ready for it to get underway anytime.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
OK. I guess we're set with 20 teams.

I do like the division idea. When we're done we can rate the teams in each division head to head, (Team A vs Team B, 4 games, 2 home/2 road, how many points will team A get in the series?) giving division rankings. Then the top 3 teams wait while the bottom 2 teams playoff in a prelim match against the others. Or something like that.

I'll make the draft thread on Saturday, and the draft can start on Sunday.

Here's the draft order if anybody wants to work out trades.

1 - Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
2 - VanIslander - Burnaby Mountaineers
3 - Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
4 - Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
5 - Transplanted Caper - Halifax Schooners
6 - Zetterberg4Captain - Saskatoon Blues
7 - Murphy2 - Edmonton Oilers
8 - BM67 - New Jersey Devils
9 - raleh - Montreal Maroons
10 - Hedberg - Victoria Salmon Kings
11 - shawnmullin - Blackburn Stingers
12 - pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers
13 - God Bless Canada - Trail Smoke Eaters
14 - Wisent - Quebec Citadelles
15- kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
16 - murray - Hamilton Tiger Cubs
17 - reckoning - Buffalo Sabres
18 - The Great Elvi - Vancouver Blazers
19 - #66 - Spartak Moscow
20 - HankyFourFingers - Hartford Whalers

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
oh man...I'm in a division with LL, Murray, and Hockey Outsider? I hope there's not too much division play!

I was going to say the same thing...

Looking forward to Sunday. Thanks to BM for organizing this, once again, and to everybody for signing up.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Good luck everyone, looks like another great group of GMs.

The whole division idea is good and should make the draft even better.

Nice to see 'maxwell/edison/the lone elvi' and vanislander back again after missing the last draft. Sure to be plenty of debates with those two around :D

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
draft order goes by nick name the betterthe nick name the higher your draft selection :D

WIT HA NICK LIKE HankyFourFingers seriously #20 is too high:D
The Lone Elvi .......was it hot under the bike helmet this summer :lol:

Just behind the legend himself then. I can't wait for this to start:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad