All time draft #5 Sign Up

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
If your interested in sigining up for the bi-yearly all time history of hockey draft
Please say so here:

Interested GM's should know the history of hockey
An enthusatic thorough work ethic are pluses
Be prepared to do research before making a selection.
We prefer bios written or quoted when introducing a selection.
Players eligable are players already selected in previous drafts plus any gems you may be able to uncover

I expect the draft to begin in april.

ok sign up

btw I got the toronto Maple Leafs :D

All gms applicants will be approved or denied by me :D

#66, AG, BM67, Evil Sather, God Bless Canada, go kim johnsson, Hedberg, Hockey Outsider, jtuzzi, kruezer, Leaf Lander, murray, murphy2, pnep, raleh, reckoning and Spitfire11

vanilsander and maxwell wont be able to particpate in this version of the all time draft. You will both be missed by your fans :D

If you don't see your name it doesnt mean your not in the draft. If you got a low post count I 'm just going to research your posts then get back to you.

We have 17 GM's so far I'll wait another day to seee who else signs up.
I want no more then 21 GM's. All future gms shoudl be invites by the league commish thoguh i may accept a outsider

Last edited:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Leaf Lander said:
If your interested in sigining up for the bi-yearly all time history of hockey draft
Please say so here:

Interested GM's should know the history of hockey
An enthusatic thorough work ethic are pluses
Be prepared to do research before makign a selection.
We prefer bios written or quoted when introducing a selection.
Players eligable are players already selected in previous drafts plus any gems you may be able to uncover

I expect the draft to begin in april.

ok sign up

btw I got the toronto Maple Leafs :D

All gms applicants will be approved or denied by me :D
I'm in. This should be fun. Hopefully we can get some of the other top posters here (Classic Hockey, HockeyOutsider, pnep, ogopogo, reckoning, murray, mcphee, Kovalev10, John Flyers Fan, justsomeguy) to join. I'm sure BM67 will be part of it.

As a tribute to the last club team to win gold for Canada at the World Championship, back in 1961, (and as a tribute to my friend Norm Lenardon, who scored the insurance goal at that tournament), my team name will be the Trail Smoke Eaters.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I would like to apply if there`s any available slots. Ottawa 67s if approved.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Sure, I'm in. I'd like the Montreal Canadiens if possible. If not, I'll take the Montreal Maroons.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
All past Alltime draft GM's are welcomed to re-join.

this draft is a commitment

This isn't run like other drafts

We conduct matters in a professional manner.

Check the draft in the am evening and before bed.
Watch when your other gms pick. It may give you an idea of there scheduals.

12 hrs clocks for all gms to make there pick.

you can pm picks to desinated league officials like bm67 myself spitfire or whoever.
Why make a pm pick? Well lets say you live in halifax and the two gms who pick before you live in vancouver. Send 3 possabilites to a draft official in case your pick comes up. Odds are you will get the player you most want and the draft flows more easily.

Dont worrry you are not giving me bm67 or spitfire or whoever any ideas about who to draft. We have our research done.

You may have a co-gm incase you cannot be there to select or if you go away a co-gm can take over the draft for you.

Those failing to live up to league requirements will have there teams revoked.
A dispersal draft will then follow. This has happened in 2 previous drafts.

One should be able to write or quote other sources for mini bios on there selections.

At this time there is no ahl draft planned to take place after the origional draft.
If one takes place it is a opt in draft. We need 6 teams to have a minor league ahl all time history draft.

I would like to know what time zone you are in and what times do you expect to be online.
E.g I live in Nova scotia I am a nighthawk so I am often up till 2 am but i am off from work at 4:30 pm est and home by 5:30 anytiem between 5:30 and 2 am I can make my pick.

These are the main requirements to enter this draft.

any questions?

Last edited:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
I'd definitely be interested. I may not have been around to see many of these guys play, but I have a huge collection of old VHS games that my uncle taped, mostly of the Bruins of the 60's and 70's.

For my team, I'll go with the Minnesota North Stars

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
pnep said:
I'm in. San Jose Sharks
This should be a lot of fun. Mainstays like Leaf Lander, BM67, 66, kreuzer, Evil Sather and AG, mixed in with History of Hockey regulars like pnep, Hockey Outsider, reckoning and murray. Murray's presence should be fun, for no other reason than he's been able to watch so many of the game's greats over the years.

I tracked the last draft and the minor league draft. I was kicking myself after about the second round that I didn't enter. I promised myself that I wouldn't make the same mistake twice. I'm more than willing to do the necessary work, and I know that Spitfire, LL and BM run a tight ship.

I'm looking forward to the start of the draft already.

PS: I live in Saskatchewan, but should have no problems being able to make selections. I have internet access at least once every 12 hours, unless I'm on holidays, at which point one of the draft heads will be notified and I will PM a pick.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
I've got to go find my 100 years of hockey book, it was a great resource in the third draft.

I'm in as the ............?

Alberta Oilers

Original Oiler WHA team.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Well since BM67 and LL are still around, I guess I'll join round 5

Gonna be tough to top my last team though.

How many teams are we gonna have this time? It looks like there are a lot of people interested.

And to the potential new GMs...this isn't like all the drafts on the fantasy board. We've successfully completed it 4 times and have only once needed a dispersal draft. Please join only if you're commited and not gonna leave halfway through because you made some bad picks or "get busy".

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Spitfire11 said:
Well since BM67 and LL are still around, I guess I'll join round 5

Gonna be tough to top my last team though.

How many teams are we gonna have this time? It looks like there are a lot of people interested.

And to the potential new GMs...this isn't like all the drafts on the fantasy board. We've successfully completed it 4 times and have only once needed a dispersal draft. Please join only if you're commited and not gonna leave halfway through because you made some bad picks or "get busy".
Spitfire,

You don't have to worry about me. Again, I was kicking myself last time that I didn't get involved. I'm already thinking about players I can pick with that 19th round selection.

And I think I know several of the other rookies well enough to know they won't quit. If you've seen the effort that reckoning, Hockey Outsider and pnep have put into their projects (reckoning has done extensive work on the past awards and all-stars votes list, Hockey Outsider has done extensive work with his weighting for era stats, and pnep has more lists than you can shake a stick at), you'll see that they will fit in perfectly with the hockey-a-holics that you've had in the past. As for murray, I don't know of many who have watched more live hockey than him.

I think it's a testament to the quality of the drafts that have taken place previously that there are so many willing to join, and so many strong posters willing to join.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
I am happy with the new crop of gm's!!
I hope you ALL write bios when you do your selections.
If I do not write a bio right away I do it within 24 hrs of myselction or on my days off. It adds a nice element to the draft as you go back through the draft and read how the draft occured.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
Leaf Lander said:
I am happy with the new crop of gm's!!
I hope you ALL write bios when you do your selections.
If I do not write a bio right away I do it within 24 hrs of myselction or on my days off. It adds a nice element to the draft as you go back through the draft and read how the draft occured.
I'm in Eastern

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Leaf Lander said:
Check the draft in the am evening and before bed.
Watch when your other gms pick. It may give you an idea of there scheduals.

12 hrs clocks for all gms to make there pick.
I would like to know what time zone you are in and what times do you expect to be online.
E.g I live in Nova scotia I am a nighthawk so I am often up till 2 am but i am off from work at 4:30 pm est and home by 5:30 anytiem between 5:30 and 2 am I can make my pick.

These are the main requirements to enter this draft.

any questions?

I`m in the EST in Ontario and can make a pick anytime; I live close enough to work that I can drop home at lunch if my turn`s up. The 12 hour window should be easy to live up to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad