All-time Draft # 4b - The Minor League

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
kruezer said:
Seattle will select the ultimate character defenseman Marc Bergevin.

At espn hockey chat I use to chat to a girl who use to chat to him
She used his nick.So he decided to befriend her.
They use to chat here and there
ahh the infancy of the web they were interesting times!

Most espn chick chatters were stalkers though lol
They'd go through there fav players garbage even it was insane!

Last edited:

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
The Devils are pleased to add another big man up the middle in one of the league's best forwards who is not necessarily the best at any one thing in particular

Keith Primeau

In Harford, Primeau was finally free to become more of a front-line warrior. By the time the Whalers transferred to Carolina, he had established himself as a strong skating giant with soft hands. In more recent years, he has been characterized as one of the league's best forwards who is not necessarily the best at any one thing in particular.

After three seasons in the Hartford/Carolina organization, Primeau was dealt to the Philadelphia Flyres in the summer of 1999. Prior to joining the Flyers, Primeau suited up Canada's Olympic Team at the 1998 Nagano Games. Upon his arrival in Philly, Primeau has fit in nicely, playing the tough, well-balanced brand of hockey that Flyers fans have come to appreciate.

During the 2003-04 season, Primeau was instrumental in leading the Flyers to the Eastern Conference Final, while reaching the 900-game and the 600-point plateau.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Detroit takes 2-time Cup winner, D Tomas Jonsson

Defenseman Tomas Jonsson is one of Sweden's "Great Three" who, along with forwards Mats Naslund and Hakan Loob, has won the national championship, the World Championship, Olympic gold and the Stanley Cup. The three played together on Sweden's national Tre Kronor and sometimes against each other in the NHL.

A skillful and experienced defenseman, Jonsson was distinguished by the brilliant skating technique and speed that enabled him to assist his teammates in scoring goals.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
I thought of drafting many playes like:

Parker MacDonald, doug sulliman, rick kehoe, peirre larouche, murray craven Mark Osborne Dan Maloney bob rouse Dave Ellet Bill Berg Sergei Berezin Dmitri Yushkevich Sylvain Lefebvre Danny Markov Sid Smith Jim korn Mike McPhee Darcy Tucker Ken Baumgartner Chris Nilan Nick Fotiu &many many more whos proflies I never got to read. I really think we should all pick one fighter each

Toronto Marlies Select LW Donald Brashear and Coach Pat Quinn

Donald is a burly winger who possesses one of the most intimidating packages in the league. Has a strong skating stride and an occasional scoring touch. Can rumble with the best.He is arguably the leagues most feared enforcer He is formidable and a punishing checker when he applies his great size and strength.
He fears no one and is a very capable 4th line player who isnt a liability on the ice.He has decent hands and can chip in a timely goal.
Donald Brashear , LW -Legends of Hockey Bio

As head coach of the Flyers he lead them too two successful seasons in first and second place in the Campbell Conference. The Flyers recorded an NHL record 35 game winning streak under Quinn, who went on to sign a five-year contract with the team in 1981. But to the amazement of most Flyers fans, he was fired in just the second year of the deal. Quinn responded by enrolling in law school, continuing to draw his Flyers paycheck and keeping abreast of NHL activity by watching games on TV.

After being let go from the Flyers, Quinn wasn't finished with controversy in the coaching department. In 1987, back in the coaching game with the Los Angeles Kings, Quinn was suspended from the NHL for several months because he had accepted a $100,000 signing bonus to become president and general manager of the Vancouver Canucks while still under contract with L.A. The Canucks were also fined by league president John Ziegler for paying Quinn the bonus, as were the Kings for not reporting the deal promptly.

Nevertheless, Quinn coached 11 seasons in Vancouver, leading the team to a narrow loss to the New York Rangers in a seven-game Stanley Cup finals in 1994 before coming back to the Maple Leafs for the 1998-99 season. He quickly made his presence felt, telling fans and reporters he had definite plans for his new team, one that had been a little flat in the goal-scoring department in past years.

Quinn certainly became a big hit in his early days with the team he once played with, leading them to their first playoff appearance since 1996 and their third trip to the conference finals in the 1990s. Quinn also led the team to a club-record 45 wins. He finished the season as runner-up for the Jack Adams Award as the NHL's coach of the year and during the off-season was named general manager of the Leafs as well. A short time later, he was named coach of Canada's Olympic entry for Salt Lake City in 2002. He was named coach of Team Canada for the 2006 Turin Olympics
Pat Quinn , Coach -Legends of Hockey Bio

Last edited:

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
The Devils are pleased to select as their coach "Badger Bob"

Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson was one of the most popular and successful hockey teachers and administrators in the amateur and pro ranks. His effervescent personality combined with a technical knowledge of the game to make him a natural leader wherever he worked.

A native of Minneapolis, Minnesota, Johnson played hockey in the City Park Board League, was an all-star in high school and took on his first coaching assignment at the age of 13 when he guided a local midget team. During his years playing forward at the University of North Dakota and the University of Minnesota, he spent much of his time coaching high school teams. Johnson led Minnesota to two conference championships and was the team's top scorer.

In 1956, Johnson became the head coach of the Warroad high school in rural Minnesota. After one season he moved to Roosevelt High School in Minneapolis and won four city championships in six seasons. In 1963, he took the post at Colorado College and after three years he moved on to the University of Wisconsin. Johnson guided the Badgers for 15 years, captured three national titles and was named the NCAA's top coach in 1977. During this period he also coached the U.S. national team from 1973 to 1975 and the Olympic team at the Innsbruck games in 1976. He later coached the Americans at the 1981 and 1984 Canada Cups.

"It's a great day for hockey." -Johnson’s famed line

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I guess I should pick next?

Seattle will take Goalie Arturs Irbe.

The Minor League Metropolitans

Darryl Sutter

Dennis Maruk - Tom Lysiak - Pit Martin
Stephane Richer - Tomas Steen - Paul MacLean
Ed Olczyk - Kevin Dineen - Tony McKegney
Ryan Walter - Laurie Boschman - Dennis Hull
Kelly Buchberger

Herb Gardiner - Frantisek Tikal
James Patrick - Dave Lewis
Ken Daneyko - Robyn Regehr
Marc Bergevin

Pete Peeters
Mikka Kiprusoff
Arturs Irbe

Last edited:

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
AHL TORONTO Marlies

Head Coach -Pat Quinn

Roy Conacher - Jason Spezza - Owen Nolan
Reg Noble -Marty Barry- Lorne Carr
Bob Davidson- Peter Zezel- Mike Ricci
Donald Brashear- Ivan Boldirev -Pavol Demitra
Sid Smith - Sidney Crosby

Mathieu Schneider -Glenn Wesley
Rick Green-Ian Turnbull
Bill Barilko - Jim Thomson
Robert Svehla

Sean Burke
Mike Palmateer
Reggie M. Lemelin

Last edited:

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
The Devils are pleased to select a defenseman with a healthy +321 career +/-

Bill Hajt

He made his presence quietly felt during his 14 seasons with the Sabres. He was never a flashy player or a media darling, but he came up negative in the plus/minus column only once in his 13 full seasons with Buffalo. He played in 854 games, and registered 42 goal and 202 assists before a series of injuries led to his retirement in 1987.
- Legends of Hockey Bio

During his 14 years as a Buffalo Sabre, Bill Hajt fulfilled the role of consummate team player from his position on the blueline, to a degree perhaps unparalleled in team history.

In his initial pro-season, 1972-73, he helped spark the Sabre's American Hockey League affiliate, the Cincinnati Swords, to the Calder Cup Championship. After 66 games with the Swords the following season, Hajt landed in Buffalo in 1974-75 as a defensive key to a squad generally considered the Sabres' best ever, a squad which fell only two games shy of a Stanley Cup Championship.

Hajt steadied the Sabres' backline for 13 additional seasons as an old-school "stay-at-home" defenseman. He seldom rushed the puck in the fashion of many defensemen of the times, and his style of play was not calculated to bring the fans out of their seats with wild applause. His positive contributions were too subtle, too routine for most fans to appreciate. For instance, Bill used his size and strength not to punish opposing forwards with thunderous body checks, but to steer them away from the goal area while stripping the puck. While not a frequent shot-blocker, Hajt was always in position to make the smart, safe play. Hajt's steady, reliable manner gave his defense partners the confidence to take chances, secure in the knowledge that the dependable, "defenseman's defenseman" would cover up.
- Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Well just got back from the rigs last night so I guess I will update my picks.

G - Nikolai Khabibulin
G - Richard Brodeur
G - Chris Osgood
D - Adrian Aucoin
D - Nikolay Sologubov
D - Jiri Bubla
D - Alexander Gusev
D - Uwe Krupp
D - Jyrki Lumme
D - Lyle Odelein
LW - John McKenzie
LW - Vsevolod Bobrov
LW - Valeri Kamensky
C - Patrik Sundstrom
C - Orland Kurtenbach

Bobrov - Gradin - Balderis
Kamensky - Starshinov - Courtnall
Corson - Sundstrom - Keane
McKenzie - MacTavish - XXXXXXX
Kurtenbach

Aucoin - Sologubov
Bubla - Gusev
Krupp - Lumme
Odelein

Khabibulin
Brodeur
Osgood

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
I'll take Mike Babcock for coach

Charlie Simmer - Neal Broten - Mickey Redmond
Vic Hadfield - Brad Richards - Ken Hodge
J.P. Parise - Vincent Lecavalier - Bobby Rousseau
Don Marshall - Henrik Zetterberg - Mike Foligno
Kirk Maltby

Jean-Guy Talbot - Ted Harris
Moose Vasko - Pat Stapleton
Joni Pitkanen - Behn Wilson
Tomas Jonsson

Roberto Luongo
Gerry McNeil
Henrik Lundqvist

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
I guess I forgot to state this here, so.

Leaf Lander said:
my ahl roster is full

why or how could i be skipped?

Hedberg drafted too many forwards, rather than make him drop somebody he drafted several rounds ago, that somebody else might have wanted, I added another round for an extra spare. You don't have to use it, but it's their if you do.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
The Marlies select:

Sid Smith, LW
Some of Smith's many goals were momentous, including an overtime goal in the 1951 Stanley Cup finals against Montreal, a series that featured extra-time thrillers in each of the five games it took for Toronto to win its fifth Cup in six years. He also scored the winning goal in the first televised Maple Leafs game, against the Boston Bruins on November 1, 1952.

A model of consistency, Smith recorded six consecutive seasons with 20 or more goals, achieving that distinction in 1954-55 along with Gordie Howe. Only four others had been so reliable?Cy Denneny, Brian Hextall, Maurice Richard and Ted Lindsay?and Smith led the Leafs in scoring categories for eight seasons, four times for goals and four times for total points. Twice Smith was awarded the Lady Byng Trophy as the league's most gentlemanly player, in 1951, when he cracked the top 10 in league scoring with 51 points, and again in 1955, when he recorded a career-high 33 goals. Three times he was a league All-Star, earning First Team honors in 1955. He played in the All-Star Game in seven of his eight full seasons in the NHL. When Teeder Kennedy retired at the beginning of the 1955-56 season, Smith was elected the team captain, a role he filled with his quiet brand of leadership for one season before Kennedy returned to put the "C" back on his sweater in late 1956.

In 1957-58 Smith retired after Twelve games. At the time of his retirement, only three active players?Howe, Richard and Lindsay?had scored more goals. He was the Leafs' top goal scorer of the decade and was involved in 25% of the team's scoring plays during his highly productive stay.

He should be in the HOF

Last edited:

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
BM67 said:
I guess I forgot to state this here, so.

Hedberg drafted too many forwards, rather than make him drop somebody he drafted several rounds ago, that somebody else might have wanted, I added another round for an extra spare. You don't have to use it, but it's their if you do.

why dont we go one more rnd so wecomlete a whole 5th line;)

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad