Post-Game Talk: ALL TIED UP! Jets win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Stats are completely different from regular season too many variables ... scheduling is big and when playoffs come, nobody has that advantage. I remember one season the Canucks great regular seasons 20 of their 41 home games the visiting team was playing the night before in Edmonton or Calgary or it was the 3rd game in 4 nights that was one of the reason the had such a great home record and when playoff came they got bounced In the playoffs NOBODY has that advantaged.
Regular season should never be used for playoff stats. The best playoff stats is the players playoff history especially if they are on the same team. Players who play great in the playoffs have that "X" factor ... they know how to flip that switch.:D

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I like what one of the Blues posters said , playing the Jets was just like playing Chicago and LA a few years ago . The Blues work hard but the Jets have too much talent for the Blues to beat in a 7 game series , and hoped that eventually the Blues could one day have that much talent . :thumbu:

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
GG from Perrault! Who the hell are you cheering for. Frenchie is such a negative he needs to be firmly planted on the bench for at least a couple. But who goes in, Hendy?
Ya sure let's put Hendy in for Perrault. A suitable replacement for resident whipping boy.

tenor.gif

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
I like what one of the Blues posters said , playing the Jets was just like playing Chicago and LA a few years ago . The Blues work hard but the Jets have too much talent for the Blues to beat in a 7 game series , and hoped that eventually the Blues could one day have that much talent . :thumbu:
with tampa out the jets are arguably the most talented team remaining in the playoffs

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
with tampa out the jets are arguably the most talented team remaining in the playoffs
I agree. Toronto might argue that and the HNIC panel would agree.
What a series that would be though.
Watching the Jets beat the Leafs in the final would be the ultimate sweetest victory.
The white-out would be polluted with blue though.
But I think the Bruins will end the Leafs chances.

Reactions: Jets 31

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I agree. Toronto might argue that and the HNIC panel would agree.
What a series that would be though.
Watching the Jets beat the Leafs in the final would be the ultimate sweetest victory.
The white-out would be polluted with blue though.
But I think the Bruins will end the Leafs chances.

No way the chokers that are Toronto get through the Bruins.

maple-leafs-choke-joke-small.jpg

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
...I keep on thinking that, and then he takes another bad penalty. Remember, the Blues only goal, that could have put the Jets down 3 games to 1, came on a PP after Perreault inexplicably cross-checked a Blues player in the face after the puck was gone.

I would expect that Maurice and teammates have tried to get Perreault to stop taking needless penalties, but he keeps doing it. I've been harping on Perreault's high penalty totals since half-way through the season, so it's not a new phenomenon.

Will he suddenly stop his undisciplined play next game? Who knows? Can the Jets afford to find out? I'm not so sure.

The Jets did end up winning the game though... not to be results oriented but that has to count for something. I am willing to bet $100 that Perreault will not take a penalty next game.

I have nothing to back this up but I also think #85 might be being targeted by the zebras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad