Player Discussion: All Things Nick Blankenburg

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Good player. Hope the Bluejackets don't destroy his confidence by scratching him again in the upcoming back to back. If they wanna rotate that's cool with me but keep Blankenburg in the lineup please.

I can't imagine he'll be healthy scratched again. Like never. The team needs Blanks too much.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Good player. Hope the Bluejackets don't destroy his confidence by scratching him again in the upcoming back to back. If they wanna rotate that's cool with me but keep Blankenburg in the lineup please.
Agreed that he should stay in the lineup and I think he will for a good while. And even if he got scratched I wouldn't worry about his confidence. He strikes to me as very mature, humble and determined, someone who's used to prove his doubters wrong throughout his career. I think he's as mentally strong as they come.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Of course he should stay in based on play butI fail to see how a Hs would destroy his confidence given he’s doing what’s he’s doing now after 3 HS.

Reactions: LJ7

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I love how the guy plays but unfortunately he hasn't been able to show he can stay healthy for any length of time. Either bad luck or his hellbent hockey style but I can't imagine him being able to sustain a long NHL career at this point. I hope I'm wrong.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I love how the guy plays but unfortunately he hasn't been able to show he can stay healthy for any length of time. Either bad luck or his hellbent hockey style but I can't imagine him being able to sustain a long NHL career at this point. I hope I'm wrong.
I was looking for an exclamation point emoji to basically say "I agree with this post". I did not want to "like" the post because I don't like that he keeps getting hurt. I really like the kid but he has pretty much gotten hurt every 5-10 games since turning pro. Wasn't he hurt in Worlds too? I really want him to stay healthy so we can get a feel for his game.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I was looking for an exclamation point emoji to basically say "I agree with this post". I did not want to "like" the post because I don't like that he keeps getting hurt. I really like the kid but he has pretty much gotten hurt every 5-10 games since turning pro. Wasn't he hurt in Worlds too? I really want him to stay healthy so we can get a feel for his game.
Yes, this is his 4th injury since turning pro 8 months ago. According to his Rotowire bio:

April 28th - Blankenburg suffered an upper-body injury against Tampa Bay on Tuesday and will miss the team's final two games of the season, Aaron Portzline of The Athletic reports.

May 24th - Blankenburg (knee) was injured while playing for Team USA at the World Championship, Brian Hedger of The Columbus Dispatch reports.

Oct 24th - Blakenburg left Sunday's game against the Rangers with an upper-body injury.

Nov 11th - Blankenburg will be out of action for 6-8 weeks after fracturing his ankle Thursday.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jared Spurgeon has had a lot of injuries and it hasn't stopped him from becoming a super valuable player and team captain. I'm still on Team Blanks, just nervous about it.

Reactions: LJ7 and Viqsi

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
He played 133 games at Michigan over 4 years. Only 26 his junior year but 34, 35, 38 the other 3 years. I would guess some sort of injury his junior year but college hockey also isn't that physical either.

I’ve been to quite a few college games throughout my years. I feel like college hockey is actually super physical. kids play more reckless to me. my personal opinion.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’ve been to quite a few college games throughout my years. I feel like college hockey is actually super physical. kids play more reckless to me. my personal opinion.
Maybe they do since they wear full face masks and aren’t allowed to fight. There certainly is the school of thought in football that people hit harder because the pads are bigger.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I had the same thought. I watched Cale at UMass for a couple years and guys would take kamikaze runs at him behind the net. He was sometimes rattled by it. I thought it might be an issue in the NHL for him but you don't see so many guys chasing hits in the NHL.

Reactions: I3LI3

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I had the same thought. I watched Cale at UMass for a couple years and guys would take kamikaze runs at him behind the net. He was sometimes rattled by it. I thought it might be an issue in the NHL for him but you don't see so many guys chasing hits in the NHL.

right. I went to the Omaha-North Dakota game last week (game featured 19 drafted prospects.. crazy) and I was amazed at the runs these kids would take at one another and never ever got called lol. it was wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad