Player Discussion: All Things Nick Blankenburg

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
so beyond glad this young man is not just a part of our organization but thriving within it.

over his last 4 games played dating back to last season, he has 4 points. including 2 game winning goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
But is it sustainable? I sure as hell hope so, love watching him.
If he was piling on points and getting bounces, then I can understand this point.

His play is absolutely sustainable. The points? Maybe not. But he’s tough as hell, positionally sound, smart, and a good defender. He’s not leaving the lineup.

He’s the spark to the back end that Boqvist, Peeke, and Bean were supposed to provide

InfiniteElement

Jan 4, 2019
If he was piling on points and getting bounces, then I can understand this point.

His play is absolutely sustainable. The points? Maybe not. But he’s tough as hell, positionally sound, smart, and a good defender. He’s not leaving the lineup.

He’s the spark to the back end that Boqvist, Peeke, and Bean were supposed to provide
I was more just making a "bus" joke :) To be completely objective, though, it is a very small sample size. He's been consistent throughout and has continued to improve. Very excited to see where he goes. Heck, if he keeps it up I may have to just get myself a #77 sweater.

Last edited:

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Blanks reminds me of the Jets’ Josh Morrissey, but better. A bit on the small side, but tough and fearless, and plays with a big heart. This kid is going places.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

He provides more than those 3 combined.

Why not just update the name on your old Chris Gratton jersey?
Thanks for giving me the idea of what I can do with my Josh Anderson 3rd jersey.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I was more just making a "bus" joke :) To be completely objective, though, it is a very small sample size. He's been consistent throughout and has continued to improved. Very excited to see where he goes. Heck, if he keeps it up I may have to just get myself a #77 sweater.
Do NOT get the sweater... You'll break up the band!

It's way too early to even think this but given the sample size last year and where he's picked up this year... This contract could be one of the best in the NHL, not only next year but starting this year. I did not expect the potential to be this high. Such a great signing.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
From what I’ve seen, he isn’t relying on luck and bounces. His goal last night was his vision and instincts. He has both of those in spades. Plays bigger.

I think he’s going to be awesome.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
From what I’ve seen, he isn’t relying on luck and bounces. His goal last night was his vision and instincts. He has both of those in spades. Plays bigger.

I think he’s going to be awesome.
He seems like a very "north/south" hockey player always wanting to move the puck towards the opposing goal and away from ours. We always seem to get in defensive trouble when players make "east/west" passes across the defensive zone.

Reactions: 3074326 and I3LI3

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Boqvist, Blankenberg, and Peeke should be on our right side. Left side should be Werenski, Gavrikov, and someone with size. If that's Gudbranson, then fine.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I believe in jinxes so I'm not trying to encourage. But then again I also want to hear what other teams' fans think about him... tough call.

7th in rookie Scoring, 2nd in PPG, tied for tops in GWGs, 5th in Hits/60, 9th in Blocks/60. Yeah baby...getting more pumped with every stat I find :cool: Maybe I should wait until I see him in person tonight.

Add: I wonder what the Vegas odds are on Blanks winning the Calder. +2500. Does that mean if you bet $10 and he wins you snag $2500?

Last edited:
Reactions: tunnelvision

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Curious to see how they're going to name his thread on the main board.

"Is Nick Blankenburg quietly entering the Calder race?"

I was gonna make one if he kept it up for a couple more games.

“Nick Blankenburg is here to burn down your village” sounds about right. It feels like HF tradition!

I’ll probably get super creative and call it “Nick Blankenburg”

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I was gonna make one if he kept it up for a couple more games.

“Nick Blankenburg is here to burn down your village” sounds about right. It feels like HF tradition!

I’ll probably get super creative and call it “Nick Blankenburg”

I would like to see a thread where we could gather leaguewide early impressions on Blankenburg but I hope it doesn't start out too boastful. We've seen this before. If the OP is "this guy is incredible" then 9/10 of the replies will be "sample size duh, dumb Homer lol". We don't need a thread like that.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I would like to see a thread where we could gather leaguewide early impressions on Blankenburg but I hope it doesn't start out too boastful. We've seen this before. If the OP is "this guy is incredible" then 9/10 of the replies will be "sample size duh, dumb Homer lol". We don't need a thread like that.

I figured if I made it, then it would look less homery for you all. Haha

I just really like this player! He’s a lot of fun to watch. The people need to know!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Good player. Hope the Bluejackets don't destroy his confidence by scratching him again in the upcoming back to back. If they wanna rotate that's cool with me but keep Blankenburg in the lineup please.

Reactions: murrough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad