GDT: All things Baseball

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I doubt you'd see that since even League playoffs are only best of 5s. Heck, even when the Triple-A National Championship was the Triple-A World Series it was a best of 5 series (after it stopped being a round robin tournament between the champions of the 3 US-based Triple-A leagues after the American Association folded and its teams absorbed by the IL and PCL). I think part of the problem is that the MLB parents don't want to prolong it so that they can finish calling up guys from their respective Triple-A team's rosters who're on the 40-man roster to help their playoff pushes or just to see how the guys have progressed over the year.

You are, of course, exactly right.

And still: no1curr.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
hey everybody the big game is on

should i watch or listen to ahl hockey instead

so choices

many conflict

I'm watching and the production value is awful. They've put up the wrong team graphic for batters several times. Bulls down 3-1. Yarbrough went 1 1/3 innings and Durham's gone throuhg 3 pitchers. Memphis now on their 2nd pitcher.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
cut.JPG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I used to love going to go the Expos games at Olympic Stadium when I lived not too far from Montreal many years back. Andre Dawson, who was with the Cubs at the time, made one of the most incredible throws I have ever seen, still to this day. From deep right field an absolute rope to home plate without a bounce and right where the catcher needed it to be.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad