GDT: All things Baseball

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
That'd be a non-starter as it would have been too close to the Bulls. If memory serves, the territory rule is that teams have 35 mile territories and the Holly Springs park is within that zone.

That's lame that it applies to all NAPBL teams. Should be within 1 level of each other or something. Salamanders it is!

Reactions: Unsustainable

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Bulls to play in Triple-A championship. Opponent to be determined.

It'll be either the El Paso Chihuahuas (San Diego's Triple-A affiliate) or the Memphis Redbirds (St. Louis' Triple-A affiliate). The Bulls won the National Championship over Memphis in 2009. El Paso, meanwhile, is looking to return to the Triple-A National Championship after losing last year's match against the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, the team the Bulls defeated to get the Governor's Cup and a berth in the game.

21742899_10155670238238908_4459877851716321774_n.jpg

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Memphis won last night after El Paso forced the series to the full 5-games. Bulls will now face Memphis tomorrow in a winner take-all game. I'd expect the Bulls to start Ryan Yarbrough. He started Game 1 against Indianapolis in the divisional series and Game 1 against Scranton in the league series and put up strong performances. I don't follow the Cards or the PCL so I'm not sure who Memphis will start. I know the game will be on 620 The Buzz, and I'd expect some television coverage, perhaps on ESPN 2.

NCG_xwurmzf0_hew7cxr4.jpg

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Memphis won last night after El Paso forced the series to the full 5-games. Bulls will now face Memphis tomorrow in a winner take-all game. I'd expect the Bulls to start Ryan Yarbrough. He started Game 1 against Indianapolis in the divisional series and Game 1 against Scranton in the league series and put up strong performances. I don't follow the Cards or the PCL so I'm not sure who Memphis will start. I know the game will be on 620 The Buzz, and I'd expect some television coverage, perhaps on ESPN 2.

NCG_xwurmzf0_hew7cxr4.jpg

NBCSN iirc.

Reactions: Unsustainable

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
...Moosic PA?

Was Elkhurt IN booked?

:laugh:

It does sound like the Swedish Chef at work, doesn't it?

[MinorLeagueBaseballNerd]When the Triple-A National Championship was reinstated in for the 2006 season it was originally supposed to be held every year in Oklahoma City and was marketed as "The Bricktown Showdown" (OKC's park is in the Bricktown district). Soon teams realized that if the game changed sites every year it'd allow a way to sell season ticket packages and the like so, beginning in 2011 it went to a different Triple-A market each year. Moosic is the city Scranton/Wilkes-Barre's park is technically located in (as if there wasn't enough confusion over the whole Scranton/Wilkes-Barre thing) so, voila. FWIW the other host sites have been Albuquerque, NM (2011); Durham (2012); Allentown, PA (2013); Charlotte (2014); El Paso, TX (2015), and Memphis, TN (2016)[/MinorLeagueBaseballNerd]

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
This is why no1curr about the AAA Championship.

Make it 7 damned games.

I doubt you'd see that since even League playoffs are only best of 5s. Heck, even when the Triple-A National Championship was the Triple-A World Series it was a best of 5 series (after it stopped being a round robin tournament between the champions of the 3 US-based Triple-A leagues after the American Association folded and its teams absorbed by the IL and PCL). I think part of the problem is that the MLB parents don't want to prolong it so that they can finish calling up guys from their respective Triple-A team's rosters who're on the 40-man roster to help their playoff pushes or just to see how the guys have progressed over the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad