GDT: All-star weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The kid is 20 and speaks like a seasoned vet. I see no problem with giving the politician type response.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
If I'm Crosby there i'd look right into his bald little head and say If they want the torch they have to take it from me.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The kid is 20 and speaks like a seasoned vet. I see no problem with giving the politician type response.

The only problem is it is not good TV. But it's on TV.

Not singling out McDavid, Pierre is probably the biggest culprit, but the non stop lousy interviews forced me to change the channel.

There should be some current players there drinking beers and chirping at the shooters. That would be quality tv.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm thinking we should probably trade for Mike Smith.

I think he'd be a pretty good defenseman or forward here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Now I don't feel bad for stepping out of the room during the fastest skater competition. Would have liked to laugh at whoever was the most suspect pick for this that Hall could have been in over.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tuukka Rask seriously looks like a pee wee goalie after looking at Mike Smith.

I thought it was another kid (like the Kesler one just now) when I first saw him in there.

He's like an inch shorter than Mike Smith.

Martin Jones and Mike Smith are the same size, yet standing next to each other it's like looking at 2003 Brodeur and Giguere.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The only problem is it is not good TV. But it's on TV.

Not singling out McDavid, Pierre is probably the biggest culprit, but the non stop lousy interviews forced me to change the channel.

There should be some current players there drinking beers and chirping at the shooters. That would be quality tv.

The NFL season is just ending. Tune back in next year :laugh:

I hear ya though... it's all a joke really. As "cute" as it is, they literally have players kids taking turns whenever the player wants, so this is all a just for fun night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wait so not all players from each division are going to shoot? This is stupid.

I don't understand what's going on here.

Yet they have a guy like Shea Weber and his one career shootout attempt take a shot.

Probably because Weber is the most overrated player in the NHL.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
You would think for the NHLs 100th anniversary they would have had the foresight to hold the All-Star game in an Original 6 city.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I have no idea why I watch this every year lol. Why do the same guys get to do multiple events, Hall shot two pucks from opposing blue line, pretty lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad