All star game

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I was cheering they’d lose their first game. Get off the ice and go have some shower beers instead.

I don’t need to see Demko doing the splits in an ASG.

Reactions: David71

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Question for the dads in the forums that have children in the prime age range for All-Star appeal. Like the 9-12 year olds. How do your kids feel about the All-star game, the skills competition and the whole deal? I'm genuinely curious if this has the allure and star power to draw in those young fans the way I used to think about the All-Stars when I was little. I definitely romanticized the best on on best events, World Cups, Canada Cups, Olympics as well. I just hope we don't have an entire generation of young fans that have completely lost that excitement for the stars because of missing international tournaments, and from what I see as incredibly boring All-star games.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Question for the dads in the forums that have children in the prime age range for All-Star appeal. Like the 9-12 year olds. How do your kids feel about the All-star game, the skills competition and the whole deal? I'm genuinely curious if this has the allure and star power to draw in those young fans the way I used to think about the All-Stars when I was little. I definitely romanticized the best on on best events, World Cups, Canada Cups, Olympics as well. I just hope we don't have an entire generation of young fans that have completely lost that excitement for the stars because of missing international tournaments, and from what I see as incredibly boring All-star games.
My son has been taking more of an interest in watching hockey. After familiarizing himself with Canucks players, the All-Star Events have helped him orient himself as to the other teams and who are the good players in the league and how they rate vs. QH and EP.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Another all-star game comes and goes, and didn't watch a minute of it. Three-on-three OT is bad enough in a real NHL game these days; in an all-star, no-hitter format, it's almost unwatchable.

But of course I've never watched an NBA all-star game either for the same reason. MLB has a more interesting all-star game, because there's something on the line other than money with extra home games in the World Series playoffs on the line. As for the NFL pro-bowl game, forget about it.

I know these sports really try to pump the tires on their all-star game classics, but after a week of puffery and fluffery, it's a relief to resume the regular season.

The most interesting thing about this concluded NHL all-star break was Lindholm and Monahan changing teams.

Reactions: mossey3535

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
0/8 in the SO this season

they should be ashamed

tear it down and rebuild :mad:

Another all-star game comes and goes, and didn't watch a minute of it. Three-on-three OT is bad enough in a real NHL game these days; in an all-star, no-hitter format, it's almost unwatchable.

But of course I've never watched an NBA all-star game either for the same reason. MLB has a more interesting all-star game, because there's something on the line other than money with extra home games in the World Series playoffs on the line. As for the NFL pro-bowl game, forget about it.

I know these sports really try to pump the tires on their all-star game classics, but after a week of puffery and fluffery, it's a relief to resume the regular season.

The most interesting thing about this concluded NHL all-star break was Lindholm and Monahan changing teams.
NBA stars go to the all-star game to party and show-off their skills

NHl stars go so they dont get suspended

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
My son has been taking more of an interest in watching hockey. After familiarizing himself with Canucks players, the All-Star Events have helped him orient himself as to the other teams and who are the good players in the league and how they rate vs. QH and EP.

Oh god think of the generation that grew up believing that John Garrett was one of the top goalies in the league after watching the 1983 ASG. No wonder faith in our societal institutions is at such a low.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Oh god think of the generation that grew up believing that John Garrett was one of the top goalies in the league after watching the 1983 ASG. No wonder faith in our societal institutions is at such a low.
LOL. From watching the All-Star Skills competition, my son concluded that QH and EP are a level below Cale Makar and Connor McDavid.

Reactions: mossey3535

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Glad to see Billy’s thread was a hit after a little idle scare in the threads initial days of opening

Nov 1, 2011
Sad to say that was a Petey Choke-job. He gave the puck away for the tying goal near the end of regulation, then lost the puck on his potentially game-winning shootout attempt.

At least he didn’t go down under minimal contact in front of the net this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad