The 919
View attachment 190067

Do we pull the trigger?
IMG_9284.JPG

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Sigh, I'm really not happy the Jackets got Duchene. It was already a difficult task to beat out Pittsburgh and the Jackets for a spot, made all the more difficult with this move.

The more Stone's name keeps being thrown around, the more I'd really love for the Canes to take a shot at him, regardless of the price.

But at the same time, swinging for the fences and striking out is a really bad move.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Only way I want to go after Stone is if he agrees to sign. Would we want to give up two prospects + two 1sts?

He's one of the few guys available who may be worth it. Still doesn't fix our center depth issue but we could still use one of our D in the offseason to get a 2C...

Reactions: Unsustainable

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think rather than paying the assets necessary to get Stone, being more asset conscious and going for two middle six players like Staal and Zuc would yield a higher return on investment. Plus, it would be less painful if we didn't make it.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I think we would and I think TML might but I don't see any way that the Rangers would. At a minimum they are going to want Fox instead of Bean and someone more significant than Ferland coming back for what they lose even accounting for the draft picks.

I'm sure their fans will complain they are giving up too much...

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
just a question for a curious mind. would any of you trade RFA Aho and Savin the Hockey God for McJesus. I dont think id be able to do it and i cant tell if im a complete homer or if the value is way to high even for Connor. I know it would never happen but it just popped into my head!

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
just a question for a curious mind. would any of you trade RFA Aho and Savin the Hockey God for McJesus. I dont think id be able to do it and i cant tell if im a complete homer or if the value is way to high even for Connor. I know it would never happen but it just popped into my head!
Connor is worth more than each of them, certainly, but he can only play one position. Does he play the center position a Slavins worth more than Aho does? I don't think so.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If you asked on the main board, I wonder if we would be offered Matthews...

Reactions: hurricure

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Kevin Hayes (2.24 P/60) is scoring 5v5 points at a higher rate this year than Aho (2.16 P/60)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad