All Purpose Tickets Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Last Post:

So where did that come from and who should I put in as the Referring Employee? I just bought a new house back in October, have a middle school daughter that is highly involved in school activities, and I had to give up my season tickets a while back because of both of those plus the friends I went to games with moved out of state... I could use a night out or two as I live in a sea of estrogen (two daughters and a wife)!

I felt the same way too about season tickets and did just cherry pick deals last year while getting my house and finances ready for market; but the truth is that I miss the camaraderie of the friends I went to games with sometimes more than the product on the ice. It's hard to put a price on something like that.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Last Post:

Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
So where did that come from and who should I put in as the Referring Employee? I just bought a new house back in October, have a middle school daughter that is highly involved in school activities, and I had to give up my season tickets a while back because of both of those plus the friends I went to games with moved out of state... I could use a night out or two as I live in a sea of estrogen (two daughters and a wife)!

I felt the same way too about season tickets and did just cherry pick deals last year while getting my house and finances ready for market; but the truth is that I miss the camaraderie of the friends I went to games with sometimes more than the product on the ice. It's hard to put a price on something like that.

I would just look at their staff on line and pick anyone... It was on Facebook,so I'm sure thousands of people saw it.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post

I would just look at their staff on line and pick anyone... It was on Facebook,so I'm sure thousands of people saw it.
Meaning the Preds, correct?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I guess the current promotions the Preds are running on Tuesday nights aren't doing well enough. They just emailed a buy one get one offer.

All-Star Celebration Offer

Join in on the celebration as we keep the energy and excitement of the NHL All-Star Game rolling!
Buy tickets to see your Nashville Predators take on the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday Feb 2 and also receive a ticket for the Washington Capitals game on Tuesday, Feb 9!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Weeknights in February have always been a tough sell. Nashville still equates sports events with the weekend, certainly for regular games. In Nashville, there are a few givens--people don't like it when home games interfere with church (Wednesday or Sunday), they think kids should be in bed early on school nights and they don't want to be sleepy when they are at work. Note the complaints when we just have a late game on a weeknight and people don't even have to leave their house. There are those of us who are natural night owls and/or don't have to worry about early work or school hours but the marketers have to find us or make it worth our while to attend anyway.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I guess the current promotions the Preds are running on Tuesday nights aren't doing well enough. They just emailed a buy one get one offer.

All-Star Celebration Offer

Join in on the celebration as we keep the energy and excitement of the NHL All-Star Game rolling!
Buy tickets to see your Nashville Predators take on the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday Feb 2 and also receive a ticket for the Washington Capitals game on Tuesday, Feb 9!

Two things have hurt sales here.

1) St. Louis is a Premium game like Chicago so they are trying to sell their remaining tickets with a week remaining before the game.
2) The team's slump

What really has me surprised is Washington is not a sold out game.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Weeknights in February have always been a tough sell. Nashville still equates sports events with the weekend, certainly for regular games. In Nashville, there are a few givens--people don't like it when home games interfere with church (Wednesday or Sunday), they think kids should be in bed early on school nights and they don't want to be sleepy when they are at work. Note the complaints when we just have a late game on a weeknight and people don't even have to leave their house. There are those of us who are natural night owls and/or don't have to worry about early work or school hours but the marketers have to find us or make it worth our while to attend anyway.

The team has been there for almost 20 years. It's hard to believe that after 20 years people still have not accepted / adapted / not sure what other words to use. I can see the kid thing, but there are plenty of adults in the greater Nashville area.

There isn't anything you can do about a West Coast trip. I'm on EST, and I hate those, and rarely stay up.

Two things have hurt sales here.

1) St. Louis is a Premium game like Chicago so they are trying to sell their remaining tickets with a week remaining before the game.
2) The team's slump

What really has me surprised is Washington is not a sold out game.

The St. Louis game on 2/2 isn't considered a premium game. It was one of those Nissan promotion games where the upper bowl and club level were $60, and the uppers were $30. It wasn't like the 2/27 St. Louis game, Hawks on a Tuesday, the Wings or Rangers. With all those, they had credit card entry or tried to restrict sales.

The Caps game should be sold out. They are in first place and have the most electrifying player in the league.

The slump is the slump. You can't do anything about that....

I guess what I would love to see is some transparency (I know we never will) vs how many discounted tickets were sold. Like I've said in previous posts... The main reason I got seats this year is to have All Star Weekend tickets. The team had all the leverage. Next year will be a different story. I see from attendance figure that the arena is full....but if a bunch of people got $15 seats, BOGO, or some other offer, they don't realyl reflect the value of a seat.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The team has been there for almost 20 years. It's hard to believe that after 20 years people still have not accepted / adapted / not sure what other words to use. I can see the kid thing, but there are plenty of adults in the greater Nashville area.

There isn't anything you can do about a West Coast trip. I'm on EST, and I hate those, and rarely stay up.

The St. Louis game on 2/2 isn't considered a premium game. It was one of those Nissan promotion games where the upper bowl and club level were $60, and the uppers were $30. It wasn't like the 2/27 St. Louis game, Hawks on a Tuesday, the Wings or Rangers. With all those, they had credit card entry or tried to restrict sales.

The Caps game should be sold out. They are in first place and have the most electrifying player in the league.

The slump is the slump. You can't do anything about that....

I guess what I would love to see is some transparency (I know we never will) vs how many discounted tickets were sold. Like I've said in previous posts... The main reason I got seats this year is to have All Star Weekend tickets. The team had all the leverage. Next year will be a different story. I see from attendance figure that the arena is full....but if a bunch of people got $15 seats, BOGO, or some other offer, they don't realyl reflect the value of a seat.

I thought all St. Louis games were Premium. That's what they told us last April at the STH meeting. So this makes another case where they have gone back on their word, just like the Chicago games. This front office is losing credibility in my eyes with all these broken promises.

And in regards to the Washington game, I thought it would be sold out due to Trotz. Only his 2nd game back as coach. (Not counting the All-Star Game)

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I thought all St. Louis games were Premium. That's what they told us last April at the STH meeting. So this makes another case where they have gone back on their word, just like the Chicago games. This front office is losing credibility in my eyes with all these broken promises.

And in regards to the Washington game, I thought it would be sold out due to Trotz. Only his 2nd game back as coach. (Not counting the All-Star Game)

I can't post links here...but go to the 2/2 game on Ticketmaster, turn off resale and look at how much is available... Then you can click on a seat for more options and all uppers are $30 and all lowers are $60. This makes the club level the red headed stepchild because some of those seats (mine) are $64. Why buy that for $60 when you can be a lot lower for the same price?

It's no secret here how I feel about the Chicago games, so I don't want to start a back and forth about that. We have our opinions, I respect yours, you respect mine and we're golden.

I'm shocked at how many seats are unsold for the Caps game. I completely forgot that Trotz is the coach.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

You're preaching to the choir, but things don't happen quickly in Nashville. Old habits die hard.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I just think weeknight games are always going to be a tougher sell in this market- its just the way it is. I also don't think the slump is a big factor- last year we were leading the entire league and there were still weeknight games that were non-sellouts.

If we were the only team having these issues I would be worried about it, but it absolutely is an issue with just about every franchise excluding the usual suspects (NY/LA/CHI/CANADA, etc).

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
You're preaching to the choir, but things don't happen quickly in Nashville. Old habits die hard.

I just think weeknight games are always going to be a tougher sell in this market- its just the way it is. I also don't think the slump is a big factor- last year we were leading the entire league and there were still weeknight games that were non-sellouts.

If we were the only team having these issues I would be worried about it, but it absolutely is an issue with just about every franchise excluding the usual suspects (NY/LA/CHI/CANADA, etc).

It's funny... I spend the majority of my time in NYC and I almost only go during the week. I hate weekend games. I don't mind a weekend afternoon game to take my nephew. Not wanting to go during the week is something I'll never understand.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
It's funny... I spend the majority of my time in NYC and I almost only go during the week. I hate weekend games. I don't mind a weekend afternoon game to take my nephew. Not wanting to go during the week is something I'll never understand.

1) Getting home between 10PM-12AM with kids who have to get up for school in the morning

2) Getting home between 10PM-12AM and having to get up for work the next morning. I get up between 5 and 5:30 for work so these west coast games and those playoff games last year were extremely rough.

3) Other family items that get in the way. Kids have ball practice, etc.

Just some reasons. Weekend games are far easier.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
1) Getting home between 10PM-12AM with kids who have to get up for school in the morning

2) Getting home between 10PM-12AM and having to get up for work the next morning. I get up between 5 and 5:30 for work so these west coast games and those playoff games last year were extremely rough.

I get it. The games I go to here start at 7:00 and are over by 9:30 (assuming it's not a 6-5 or OT game). I'm home by 10, in bed by 10:30 and up at 4:30 AM.

I guess everyone has priorities and I'm not going to judge anyone for having them be different than mine. Check the PM I just sent you.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Between travel baseball for one kid, Blackman Basketball cheerleading (if anyone gets a chance to see this girl Crystal Dangerfield play, do it, she's awesome) for the other kid and still trying to be a good husband to my wife, I find myself recording most games now and watching them after everyone else goes to bed. On the flip side, I get to enjoy more than one glass of crown with no feedback.......

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Weeknight games are when non-traditional/smaller markets struggle.

Parents in Boston, New York, Chicago, Philly, etc have the same responsibilities and conflicts that ones in Nashville do. We have a fraction of their population and overall local fan base so we don't have other people crawling to scoop up tickets that aren't being used on any given night.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Yep- it is 100% about work (and school for kids) with me. If I didn't have to work, I wouldn't give a rip what day the game was on.........

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
Weeknight games are when non-traditional/smaller markets struggle.

Parents in Boston, New York, Chicago, Philly, etc have the same responsibilities and conflicts that ones in Nashville do. We have a fraction of their population and overall local fan base so we don't have other people crawling to scoop up tickets that aren't being used on any given night.

This is 100% correct.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Struggle on week nights has nothing to do with non traditional market , Imo.

Has all to do with population , population density and demographics.

Comparing Nashville to philly or ny is like comparing apples to French fries, lol

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
You've all made great points. I don't have kids and have a wife that goes to 15+ games a year with me and I usually bring someone else to 15+.

I'm sure when we have kids, I'll be singing a different tune.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Struggle on week nights has nothing to do with non traditional market , Imo.

Has all to do with population , population density and demographics.

Comparing Nashville to philly or ny is like comparing apples to French fries, lol
I compared us to Philly and New York for the sake of pointing out that we're a smaller populated market with less people to pull from. I said non-traditional because Edmonton and Winnipeg are smaller markets than Nashville yet they'll sell out any night of the week regardless.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I compared us to Philly and New York for the sake of pointing out that we're a smaller populated market with less people to pull from. I said non-traditional because Edmonton and Winnipeg are smaller markets than Nashville yet they'll sell out any night of the week regardless.

not that I'm disagreeing with your point, but also, there is absolutely nothing else competing sportswise with hockey in Edmonton and Winnipeg, either - at least not during hockey season.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
not that I'm disagreeing with your point, but also, there is absolutely nothing else competing sportswise with hockey in Edmonton and Winnipeg, either - at least not during hockey season.

And at this point, we are in a dead period in sports in Nashville besides hockey. Your argument holds true in the Fall, but does not after the turn of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad