Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Stadium Series Game Thread

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Figured we might want a thread to discusses pregame activities and be a question/answer type thing for this game in particular.

I'll start with a question:
I've seen some info that the parking lots will open at 2pm can anyone confirm or correct this?

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
There's an official pregame "festival" that starts at 1 in Lot R so I'm going to guess parking lots will open before 2.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Praying for good weather.

I'm keeping an eye on it, it's too far out to have any real idea but there does appear to be a chance for rain in the 3-4 days leading up to the 26th. Hopefully that changes, the forecast doesn't actually get "accurate" until 2-3 days out.

Yeah, the extended forecast looks great but we'd be crazy to think we know for sure. We have two parking spot together in Lot B and are planning to tailgate, it won't be the most extravagant set up but should be similar to what we did in Dallas and that was a lot of fun.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
There's an official pregame "festival" that starts at 1 in Lot R so I'm going to guess parking lots will open before 2.
I couldn't find a time on ticketmaster dot com using my computer but the mobile app shows them opening at 1pm so we'll plan around that.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Cant wait to check everything out, ill be in town for Rinne's jersey retirement too and im bringing my dad. I expect Nashville to be even louder than usual if thats even possible.

Reactions: Adz and AnalogKid

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
The 26th is finally on the 10 day forecast, and it's starting to look better than it did a few days ago. The rain chances in the days leading up to the event are lessening, and temperatures leading into the event are going down. I will try to update daily, but it's looking good so far.

Forecast for Winter Park opening at 10:30am:
39F
Cloudy
9% chance of rain
Winds @ 6mph

Forecast for SMASHVILLE Experience in Lot R at 1pm:
43F
Cloudy
8% chance of rain
Winds @ 7mph

Forecast for puck drop at 6pm:
43F
Cloudy
7% chance of rain
Winds @ 5mph

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The 26th is finally on the 10 day forecast, and it's starting to look better than it did a few days ago. The rain chances in the days leading up to the event are lessening, and temperatures leading into the event are going down. I will try to update daily, but it's looking good so far.

39F
Cloudy
9% chance of rain
Winds @ 6mph

43F
Cloudy
8% chance of rain
Winds @ 7mph

43F
Cloudy
7% chance of rain
Winds @ 5mph

That looks about perfect for this kind of event. We had a blast in Dallas and can't wait for this. I don't expect it to be quite as fun overall, just because its local (if that makes sense), but knowing how well the Preds do with big events I'm sure it will be a great experience.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

39F
Cloudy
9% chance of rain
Winds @ 6mph

43F
Cloudy
8% chance of rain
Winds @ 7mph

43F
Cloudy
7% chance of rain
Winds @ 5mph

Did they change the puck drop time? Tickets for the event say 6:30, I figured the puck wouldn't drop until 6:45ish.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The more I see those jerseys live, the more I like them. There, I said it.

Bwahahahaha.

There seem to be two different styles. I see some that have the very wonky lettering that overlaps the blue but then it seems most of them have letters that are a little more even and don't overlap. The Adidas jerseys I've seen don't overlap so I have no idea what is supposed to be "official".

Reactions: triggrman

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I bought a parking pass for the stadium lots, in November, but I still can't find it anywhere. It's not in with my season tickets.

Do I need to get the ticketmaster app to find it?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Bwahahahaha.

There seem to be two different styles. I see some that have the very wonky lettering that overlaps the blue but then it seems most of them have letters that are a little more even and don't overlap. The Adidas jerseys I've seen don't overlap so I have no idea what is supposed to be "official".
I’ve come to the thinking that the big problem is not the lettering and not even the guitar pick in the middle of them - because that design on the hoodies and tshirts looks good. The issue is the color blocking. They should have just had Smashville in gold on an all blue jersey.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I like the color scheme, but the intentionally-sloppy lettering really bugs me. It has since I first saw it, and if anything I think it looks worse in person. But everybody gets to have their own opinion. :popcorn:

Reactions: Scoresberg

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The more I see those jerseys live, the more I like them. There, I said it.
I actually agree with you. My sister was going to get me one for my birthday...I didn't want her paying that much so I said no, but I did get one of those nifty T-shirts with the same design (from Costco, ha! After having your jerseys stolen you pause a bit when a jersey isn't "included in your price")

So where are y'all sitting? I'm in 332 (heh) with my sister, her best friend and my favorite accountant. Jailbait and Mr JB are in 340.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad