Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I figured as much weeks ago.

Good for him, and good for us. Allows us to rest some guys, and to give Q options come playoffs.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Glad to hear. You should post here more often w/ Russian prospect news Id love it.

Ill be around, thanks for the welcome. I plan on watching more of Kayumov's games so Ill report back on him. Hes a slick prospect, hoping he stays put in the VHL next year because he wont see an ounce of ice on the KHL squad -they're pretty deep in vets and older prospects.

Interesting to see what happens to Nalimov. He had a setback year, was badly outplayed Bobkov and shipped out to Novosibirsk. The story there is they have another young guy Krasikov (21) who stole the show (you can check out some sensational saves on youtube). But then the team went out and got Talyor (one of the better goalies in the KHL this year) for a p.o. run that never happened and already got Salak on the shelf. So as it is there could be 4 goalies fighting for the crease (3 under contract but they like Taylor also) or none come Sep2017. The team lost financing so no one knows yet who'll be around next year (that includes Shalunov whos agent pretty much stated he's gone). So no one knows where poor Ivan will be in Sep.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Lundberg is + 1 for Rockford but the rest of the team is like -10 plus. Can someone explain? Is he really good defensively?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I also don't see a draft thread so figured I drop this here- wouldn't mind seeing the Hawks go with a bit more size on their first round pick and go with Jason Robertson from Kingston OHL.

I like that kid a lot and he brings a ton of grit and skill - 6'2 200lbs LW with over 40 goals this year as a 17 year old..

With all the little guys we have, wouldn't mind reaching maybe a few picks and land this kid as he seems to be ranked anywhere from 25-40 from what I have seen.

I'd like the Hawks to take a RHD in the first round, honestly, if there's a talented enough one available. Someone who is as close as can get to being a sure thing as a 1, 2, or 3. They need to start replenishing the back-end talent as Seabs, Hammer, and Duncs aren't getting any younger, and IMO, will likely start to decline very, very soon. Can be said that they already have started to decline, to be completely honest. Has to be a replacement for a couple of these guys in the pipeline, or the Hawks will struggle on the back-end.

Hawks D prospects

1. Ville Pokka - RH
2. Viktor Svedberg - LH
3. Gustav Forsling - LH
4. Dillon Fournier - LH
5. Carl Dahlstrom - LH
6. Luc Snuggerud - LH
7. Dennis Gilbert - LH
8. Ryan Shea - LH
9. Jake Massie - LH
10. Mathieu Brisebois - RH
11. Robin Norell - LH
12. Joni Tuulola - LH
13. Andreas Soderberg - LH
14. Robin Press - RH
15. Nolan Valleau - LH

There's definitely a lack of RHD in the pipeline.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Perhaps we should start a draft thread as the ratings for the skaters is coming out very soon.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Lundberg is always one of the few players I wind up liking when I watch Rockford.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'd like the Hawks to take a RHD in the first round, honestly, if there's a talented enough one available. Someone who is as close as can get to being a sure thing as a 1, 2, or 3. They need to start replenishing the back-end talent as Seabs, Hammer, and Duncs aren't getting any younger, and IMO, will likely start to decline very, very soon. Can be said that they already have started to decline, to be completely honest. Has to be a replacement for a couple of these guys in the pipeline, or the Hawks will struggle on the back-end.

Hawks D prospects

1. Ville Pokka - RH
2. Viktor Svedberg - LH
3. Gustav Forsling - LH
4. Dillon Fournier - LH
5. Carl Dahlstrom - LH
6. Luc Snuggerud - LH
7. Dennis Gilbert - LH
8. Ryan Shea - LH
9. Jake Massie - LH
11. Robin Norell - LH
12. Joni Tuulola - LH
14. Robin Press - RH
15. Nolan Valleau - LH

There's really only one RD that's 1st Round worthy and that's Cal Foote and he'll be long gone by the time the Hawks pick.

You also missed Blake Hillman as a D prospect on this list BUT....he's an LD too. :laugh:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014

Hawks D prospects

1. Ville Pokka - RH
2. Viktor Svedberg - LH
3. Gustav Forsling - LH
4. Dillon Fournier - LH
5. Carl Dahlstrom - LH
6. Luc Snuggerud - LH
7. Dennis Gilbert - LH
8. Ryan Shea - LH
9. Jake Massie - LH
11. Robin Norell - LH
12. Joni Tuulola - LH
14. Robin Press - RH
15. Nolan Valleau - LH

That's why I posted a little while back that I'd like to see us trade up to get Callan Foote (Adam Footes kid) if possible. He's slipped a little since the start of the season and some mocks have had him go as late as 20. He's a 6'3 two way RHD that gets huge praise for his hockey IQ. If he's still available in the late teens, it's something to start thinking about if we can get it done without spending an arm and a leg.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
That's why I posted a little while back that I'd like to see us trade up to get Callan Foote (Adam Footes kid) if possible. He's slipped a little since the start of the season and some mocks have had him go as late as 20. He's a 6'3 two way RHD that gets huge praise for his hockey IQ. If he's still available in the late teens, it's something to start thinking about if we can get it done without spending an arm and a leg.

Mentioned Cal in my post as well. I would be perfectly fine with them making this happen if the cost is right. Not likely but it would be sweet if they could pull it off.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Graham Knott played a lot tonight, but he really didn't do much. Had an assist on their only goal, but seemed to flub the puck a lot, din't really get any quality shots on net, and is an average skater. He is a big body who is solid defensively, but his ceiling to me, looks to be about a 4th liner at best IMO.

In other news, looks as though Iacopelli scored a goal tonight for Rockford.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Iacopelli got his first!!!!
He was everywhere on the ice tonight. He was really involved in the play. Glad he was rewarded with a goal

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You think iacopelli could ever turn into a really poor mans James Neal? His skating just isn't good enough but lord if he just learns to get into the right spots he can hammer pucks.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
From what I saw on Iacopelli this season ,he vastly improved his skating over his freshman year a season ago..If he was all over the ice and impressive last night in the Rockford win then that does not seem like a skating problem issue ,does it? Not saying he is a Cam Atkinson speed guy of course..just that the skating thing may be overblown ...but he is a big guy sp conditioning may be the aim issue to determine if he can be consistently energetic to skate fast enough rather than the actual skating when he has his "jump"

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Alex Fortin with 2g and 1a in Rouen-Nranda 6-5 triple OT win over Halifax last night..Series now 3-2 lead for Rouen-Nranda in the best of 7 ..

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
Iacopelli is a natural goal scorer. Those are the types of players you love to have in your system. In that respect he reminds me of Tanner Kero.
And take a look at the return that Kero is giving the Hawks after signing as an NCAA free agent.
Expect a couple of years getting acclimated to the pro game in the AHL before becoming a Hawk regular (if he reaches his potential). Roughly about the same time that we lose our next round of players due to the salary cap.
These types of players allow the Hawks remain a perennial powerhouse due to the fact they have minimal ELC salary, can play a role in the bottom-6, can move up and down the lines if needed, but most importantly... keep the core together.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
From what I saw on Iacopelli this season ,he vastly improved his skating over his freshman year a season ago..If he was all over the ice and impressive last night in the Rockford win then that does not seem like a skating problem issue ,does it? Not saying he is a Cam Atkinson speed guy of course..just that the skating thing may be overblown ...but he is a big guy sp conditioning may be the aim issue to determine if he can be consistently energetic to skate fast enough rather than the actual skating when he has his "jump"

The games I saw of his were early season and I hadn't noticed a difference much in his feet. However, again, that was early. You're a nut, Fiddy, but I tend to think you evaluate prospects fairly well so if there's actually been an uptick to his skating, that's a big plus because that was a big thing holding him back.

Sounds like he had a nice pro debut. Hope that keeps up. I will happily dine on crow if he become a permanent, productive NHL'er. I had no issue with drafting him, I just thought 3rd Round was a bit rich. Prove me wrong, Matt!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Again..I am only saying he looked faster than he was in his first college seadon at WMU...whether it is good enough improvement to make the show with the big club..that I am not sure..Still there are plenty of nhl guys who are big but not fast ..abd still play key roles..Patrick Maroon was never fast ..yet he seems to be starring anyway.It helps that slow poke Maroun plays with McJesus and you would think mismatch of slow and speed..yet there it is. NOW if you put Iacopelli with Toews and insteadbofv"A" exertion and his best speed ,you only get a "C" exertion cruising speed game from Toews then either it makes no difference how fast or slow Iacopelli is ,he probably has trouble generating his shot if Toews cannot create plays or is chasing g in his own zone because . Well gosh darn, $10.5 #1 just does not feel like giving his alk that night .And so whatever te case ,Iacopelli will not be a driver for his line..but as long as you set him up to shoot ..or he himself manages to get enough open space to shoot .THEN he can fire shots past goalies. THAT will always be his be his Forte.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
At first I thought it was an April Fool's joke..but no..he actually had 2g 2a 4 shots and +3 ...clearly too good for the AHL..I guess he was the Johnny Gudreau of Div 3 ...or the 24 year old version of DeBrincat except skates like The Flash..Either that or Grand Rapids had a bad night..But usually they clobber Rockford...nice to beat up on them with a super star-like performance ..

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Don't sleep on players coming from high end D-III programs. More than a few have done well for themselves in the AHL and a couple have even parlayed that into NHL stays.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013

22 year old forward with 31 points in 52 games in the Czech league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad