Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
4FDE3491-3B2D-4C25-90F1-7DECE1DA1990.jpeg

Hogs win 6-1

Slavin twice
Barrett Gabriel Osipov and Morrison goals

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ethan Del Mastro with an assist on a 2OT GWG by James Hardie as Mississauga wins 3-2 to tie the series at 2-2 with Barrie... Game 5 goes on Saturday..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Canada loses 6-5 to Czechs in OT u-18s in quarter final... Joakim Kemmel 3goals including the GWG....Connor Bedard 2 goals for Canada...

Kemmel is still #3 for 2022 on Bob McKenzie's rankings..

But the revelation forc the Finns is under the radar Jiri Kikuchi who has 8 goals in the tournament in 4GP ...though only 1a..

Kulich plastic in tge Czech Extraluga which is thevtop men's league and has put up more points in that league tgan any Czech NHL drafted player matching Zwhat Tomas Hertl did in hus draft season afUnst men in that league.

Kulich puts up more goals than assists so you think shoot first sniper...Hevojays Centre so a bit if a red flag ifcasists low compared to goals...but tge otger sidevifvtgectLent is exceptional defensive Centre ...greatxskater...edges...work ethic ...bustsvup plays beforecrhey get into d-zone...these puckszaway and transitions...
Obviously he can snipe .
So even if the assists part liw,tgecrest of his gamevusctop-notch.

Most rankings have him not in roundv1,but Fter his tremendous u18s ,so far,that may change and he could rise a lot now.

So a lot to think tgat maybe 2022 draft notcas bad at thdcfoo as we thought...a couple of Czech hems showing very well this tournament.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
No coincidence that Rockford is playing well since King was "promoted". I really hope he is just outright fired at the end of the season and no longer with the org. Or demoted to assistant in Rockford. Though, I have no idea what he brings to the table worth keeping around.

Reactions: Putt Pirate

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No coincidence that Rockford is playing well since King was "promoted". I really hope he is just outright fired at the end of the season and no longer with the org. Or demoted to assistant in Rockford. Though, I have no idea what he brings to the table worth keeping around.
Best case is we get a legit head coach and some other organization screws up and hires King as an assistant coach.

King gets to stick in the NHL in a role he would be more suited towards, and we get a coach who can actually implement systems.

Reactions: SnakePlissken

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Not sure why...but Louis Crevier named 2st star in tonight's Quebec 4-3win over Rimouski...

Crevier had no points tonight and was only Even in plus/minus ....He was on for 1 Quebec goal at Evens and 1 against...He was also on for both Rimouski's 2PP goals ...so in effect on the ice for all 3 goals against Quebec.

This hard to understand why he got the 1stvstar of the game unless it was for his pk work on the other 6 PK's Quebec had to kil and did...

Ringside succeeded on 2 ofv8 Pp situations so maybe Crevier was great on tnise other 6 PK kills?

OR ot may have been a joke by whoever picked tfex3 stars...all from Quebec Ramoarts......because tgec2nd star also had no points and was -1 and tge 3rd star was theirvgoalie ....who sTvin the bench as back-up tonight...Tge 3rd star this never even saw the ice.

So.. itcalk could have been a joke by whoever picked the 3 stars tonight?

Strange.

FYI: Quebec and Crevier have justv1 more regular season game left...They currently lead the entire QMJHL in standibgs points ...by 1 point over Charlottetown...SO Quebec has a chance to finish as best team in the Q in the regular season if they win or Charlottetown loses in regulation....Not sure who wins if Quebec loses in regulation and Charlottetown gets 1 point from its final game...not sure who has tie-breaker... Not sure who gets first place if Quebec only gets 1point and Charlottetown gets 2 points from their respective ladt game....obviously a Quebec loss in regulation and a Charlottetown win of any kind puts Charlottetown on top of the Final Standing before playoffs.

So it all comes down to game 68 for each of them as towhich team finishes as the top team for the regular season.

We will.know soon.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Gamec68 for Quebec (agaibst Rimouski) and for Charlottetown *agaibst Acadie-Bathurst) go this Sunday and we will know who finishes atop the Q in tge Regukar season.

One of these 2 powerhouse teams could emerge as ztge winner of the Q playoffs and go to tge Memorial Cup....Hopefully that will be Quebec and we can then see Crevier play in the televised Memorial Cup Tournament.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
SHL finals are on ESPN+ for anyone interested. Victor Ejdsell is playing.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
End of the line thus season for Colton Dach and Nolan Allan as Kelowna and Prince Albert respectively eliminated from WHL playoffs last night ...

This leaves Jaylen Luypen in tgexWHL as Edmonton advanced to a 2ndcround series...

In the Q,L ouis Crevier and Quebec Ramparts pkay tgeor final game ofvtge regukarxseason on Sunday and they coukdvhokdvonto 1st place overall in the Q regukarcsesdon at the finish line or could drop to 2nd as tgeycarevonly 1 point up on Charlottetown in overall league standibgs.

In any casec they will move on to a round 1 playoff series...

In the OHL...the series between Mississauga(Ethan Del Mastro) and Barrie is tied 2-2 ...so down to a best of 3 now...whoever wins 2 more games moves on to next round ...

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Interesting and I saw Ian Mitchell was hurt again recently, not sure of he will make it back for game 1

Reactions: Mrfenn92

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Quebec Ramoarts beat Rimouski 6-2 this afternoon to clinch 1st place attop of the QMJHL Regulatr Season standings for 2021/22...

Now will hold #1seed and home ice advantage throught playoffs as long as they go...

Louis Crevier dod not add any points today but added a +2 to finish tge Regukar Season at +41which is 3rd among Dmen in the Q. For this stat.

So his stat line reads 62GP 10 g 26a +41 ...he did not play in 6 games during thec68 game schedule.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
What is the pint t of adding Nolan Allan and Colton Dach to Rockford of they are only watching from the stands or team box suite if it exists?

Yes tgey get to practice with AHLer pros...and soak up pkayoff atmosphere ...but surely they cannot play as it would take away spots from contributors who have played for the team alk season ...so ifvtgey displace a team vet Then that destroys team cohesion and solidarity....therewould be resentment.

Of course IF there were injuries Then and only then could you insert the kids without resentment.

Reguka is different since he pkayed mostly forcRockford so coming back pushing 1dman to the bench is understandable and with Mitchell out injured to start playoffs Regukavus needed anyway. SOME disruption .

Which leaves Vladsic....it was expected he vcoukd join Rockford...but no announcement on this.

Yes he is better than many dmen on the Icehogs and woukd help push them to pkayoff success...But again a disruption issue is once he woud s push another Rockford vet dman to tge bench.

So woukdvyou risk disruption to add at least Vlasic to the d-corps ?

Maybe you get away with adding him in the mix ...but adding the 19 yr lolds right from Jrs seems too big a disruption risk.

What do you all think on the issue?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ethan Del Mastro with 3a tonight as his Mississauga team eliminates Barrie to advance to 2nd round of OHL East playoffs...

Final score of the game was was 6-4 ...in the firstc2 periods Del Mastro was very good ...played as LD...for some strange reason his coach put him at RD in 3rd period...when Barrie put a big push on to avoid elimination...after dominating shots on goal and causing Barrie to take lots of penalties in the first 2 periods
Mississauga led 5-1....Barrie caused Mississauga to take some penalties in the 3rd and they scored both on the PP,on 4x4 and and with goalie out and extra man to get within a goal with time running down...but again pulling their goalie a 2nd time,,DelMastro makes an intercept and pases to To James Hardie who fights off a checker,fires,and scores into the empty net to salt the game away .

I wondered why they did not give Del Mastro another assist for getting the puck upto Hardie escaping the zone and then firing in the en goal......but maybe they ruled that Hardie lost possession to his checker for a split second before coming away clean with it again and then scoring?

To me it looked like Del Msstro deserved an assist on the play ...but I guess the official scorer saw it differently .

In any casex3a for Del Mastro in tge win...

My impression is that zdel Mastro is best as a LD notca RD ...butcakk sesson hos coach kept shifting him from LD to RD in the middle to last 3rd of games...I do not know why they just do not leave him at the LD where he defends bestcandvkerpsvpucks in from thevo-bluekineb best ..

So if it were me I would just use hom as a LD. Where he looks more comfortable to my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad