Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
A lot of those reports also came out *before* these escapades. I imagine the list of teams interested is going to wane as this continues.
And I imagine the list of teams will remain quite long . Opposing GMs are gonna see a big,skilled 22 yr old C with great upside, 4 yrs from unrestricted free agency. His messy exit out of Columbus isn't gonna gonna concern them.

Reactions: Critical91

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
A lot of those reports also came out *before* these escapades. I imagine the list of teams interested is going to wane as this continues.
Or they see an opportunity to grab a young strong fast number 1a-1b center who unfortunately got into a bad situation and would go out of his way to impress new teammates coaches management

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
How many teams and what teams is Dubois willing to actually play for and be happy?

The kid doesn’t have a limited NTC, but with his behavior he’s basically granted himself one. No team who he truly doesn’t want to play for is going to touch him now.

Then he should be suspended without pay and he can go play in the KHL, maybe he'll be happier playing for the Kunlun Red Stars or HC Sibir

Reactions: SteveHanson

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011

This is a real bad take. No team is looking at five games and saying we dont want him if anything it will make teams more interested as they think Columbus has to trade him.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Yeah, you have to show some heart FFS. Respect your teammates at least or even better yourself. Playing like that won't do you any favors.
It’s completely unprofessional, and he deserves to be criticized for that. But ultimately, players have very little control over the team they get to play for. So when they begin feeling leverage in getting themselves into the position they want to, I can’t blame them for doing so.

PLD acting like a child means he’ll get two things...
- Traded faster
- Teams he doesn’t truly want to play for will drop out of trade talks

Right or wrong, that’s an ideal scenario for him.

Reactions: lilfedor

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
This is a real bad take. No team is looking at five games and saying we dont want him if anything it will make teams more interested as they think Columbus has to trade him.
He only has two years left on his deal. No team is going to throw the bank for him if he doesn’t want to be there long term. And no team wants to risk him being a malcontent if they do trade for him.

Montreal is going to get gifted him when all is said and done.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
It’s completely unprofessional, and he deserves to be criticized for that. But ultimately, players have very little control over the team they get to play for. So when they begin feeling leverage in getting themselves into the position they want to, I can’t blame them for doing so.

- Traded faster

If teams drop out of trade talks that means he will be traded slower. Jarmo won't gut the team just to try to salvage this shortened season without fans in attendance.

The message to PLD needs to be play better so we get good offers or else this will be a very long two years.

Reactions: explore

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

- Traded faster

Teams he wants to play for will drop as well. You want to show the other team you are willing to gut it out even if you are facing adversity. If I'm Gorton do I sign off on a trade for a guy who acts like that when he doesn't get his way? Duchene, for as much as I don't like him, never played like this.

Reactions: explore

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Winnipeg has been reported in on the talks.

Well Laine won't be going to Columbus if he's going to the Jets. If Dubois doesn't like Torts he's going to hate Maurice. I think Columbus would be lucky to get Roslovic for Dubois honestly.

Other than that, I'm calling it right now, Dubois gets traded to the Golden Knights.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Or they see an opportunity to grab a young strong fast number 1a-1b center who unfortunately got into a bad situation and would go out of his way to impress new teammates coaches management

I wouldnt bet on his new teammates, coach and GM appreciating him giving 0 effort and mailing it in to be traded. What if he has "a bad situation" or doesnt like his new coach? He starts floating again? If a player behaves like this, it is never good. There is always a chance he does it again. A professional doesnt behave this way.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
If teams drop out of trade talks that means he will be traded slower. Jarmo won't gut the team just to try to salvage this shortened season without fans in attendance.

The message to PLD needs to be play better so we get good offers or else this will be a very long two years.
It would be an absolute PR nightmare for Columbus if they let this continue.

The kid is going to keep getting paid regardless. You cant force him to try harder. And I’m not sure their particular coach is the guy who is going to be successful in getting him motivated.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Teams he wants to play for will drop as well. You want to show the other team you are willing to gut it out even if you are facing adversity. If I'm Gorton do I sign off on a trade for a guy who acts like that when he doesn't get his way? Duchene, for as much as I don't like him, never played like this.

PLD is demonstrating that he's not a professional and is not the kind of person you should trust to honor a contract. He's a much, much, much less talented version of Yashin. He's not going to suddenly stop being a bum on his new team if they suddenly face adversity. What PLD and his agent pulled makes him look much worse than CLB/Jarmo/Torts

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
PLD is demonstrating that he's not a professional and is not the kind of person you should trust to honor a contract. He's a much, much, much less talented version of Yashin. He's not going to suddenly stop being a bum on his new team if they suddenly face adversity. What PLD and his agent pulled makes him look much worse than CLB/Jarmo/Torts

I don't think the other side did anything wrong given what is available as info as of right now.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
He’ll be traded within the next two weeks for a B+ roster player with a similar cap, an A+ prospect, and 1-2 draft picks. That’s my prediction. It’ll depend what prospect CBJ believes in the most.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

- Traded faster

Columbus will trade PLD to the team that offer them the best deal. They won't give two craps about who PLD wants to play for.

PLD will go play for that team and put a smile on his face or he will be out of the league. There is no scenario where some big-market team gets PLD for a steal because that is where he wants to go. He will have to live with where he gets traded to and work towards his UFA deal.

When was the last time a player demanding a trade got dealt and then immediately caused problems and demanded a trade again? It doesn't happen with RFAs who don't have leverage.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I see a good prospect, good roster player and a first.

Yeah, I’m thinking that it’ll end up being:
Top prospect (someone taken in the first round who is trending the right way), young controlled NHL player who can go (someone who’s already a top 6 F or top 4 D) and under 25, and finally a bevy of picks.

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
My post was based on the premise all it would take is Danault to acquire him. But you are wrong he is absolutely a piece to build around. Having the Tkachuk line then Stutzle and Dubois would be downright scary.

Look as much as Eugene is a cheap piece of you know.. he paid Chabot I think its quite possible he will pay good young players who produce.

Well then you're starting from a faulty premise. A 1B/2C 5 months from UFA isn't going to get PLD by himself.

The Sens are still 2 years from truly competing. By that time PLD will be on his next contract, whether that's by extension or arbitration. He won't come cheap in cap commitment at that point and he'll be able to leave for free in 2 years. For the Sens, it's not worth giving up Sanderson or Norris++ for him until there's a possibility of ironing out a concrete long term extension and that's impossible until the summer. I doubt this situation will play out that long. It's become toxic to the Blue Jackets organization and is having a negative impact on their short term goals.

Yes, Eugene has paid for players that the organization values (or at least valued at the time) as core pieces of the future in White and Chabot. But both parties have to play ball for that to work. I'm not convinced that the current Ottawa Senators franchise is the organization that PLD would be willing to lock himself down to. He can only make a verbal commitment at this stage which can easily be reneged and we're currently seeing he's not opposed to downing tools to force his way when things go sideways.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
He’ll be traded within the next two weeks for a B+ roster player with a similar cap, an A+ prospect, and 1-2 draft picks. That’s my prediction. It’ll depend what prospect CBJ believes in the most.
If the players both play C, then, yes, this is one of the scenarios we've been discussing for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad