Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
just saw kenny vs cody... not impressed with the wrestling, but they sure know how to keep the story going.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like some fans are seriously unhappy with ROH tonight
If they’re unhappy with ROH, sounds like the streaming issues.

If they’re unhappy with the show, I think it’s because they got results and angles that they just didn’t like.

They’re Ring of Honor. Not New Japan. Their booking has to be focused on the guys they have.

Last edited:

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
If they’re unhappy with ROH, sounds like the streaming issues.

If they’re unhappy with the show, I think it’s because they got results and angles that they just didn’t like.

They’re Ring of Honor. Not New Japan. Their booking has to be focused on the guys they have.

Sounded like the stream more than anything, I saw several people on Twitter who said they paid the 9.99 for Honor Club and ended up missing half the event.

I know some were unhappy with the event but I’m not sure if that was about the results or the matches themselves

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
This weekend is a Shimmer Weekend! So, we hope to get a report from @quoipourquoi

Su Yung wearing a bloody wedding dress is a pretty terrifying sight. The last time I saw her in Chicago, she was a smiling, happy, aw shucks good guy, so just like Courtney Rush turning into Rosemary a few years back, it's the really sweet ones you have to worry about when they come back from an extended stay in Florida.

Kimber Lee closed out the weekend against Nicole Savoy. Not too crazy about it, and as much as I like Nicole Savoy, if she's not in a strong rivalry, I don't know that the Shimmer format of champion vs. four unique challengers is working for her the way it did for Cheerleader Melissa and Madison Eagles. Su Yung was massively cheered against Nicole Savoy early on Sunday, and the Kimber Lee match just wasn't as loved as the LuFisto & Hudson Envy vs. Mia Yim & Kay Lee Ray match that immediately preceded it.

Nicole Matthews (who I believe legitimately had the flu - which kept Madison Eagles out yesterday), incorporated it into her matches by coming out with her hair up and loose-fitting clothes while coughing on referees and opponents. A bloody nose really completed the visual, and her match with Rachael Ellering was a standout.

Of all the people to lose their title, Shazza McKenzie was the one I thought who was doing the best with hers, but she lost the Heart of Shimmer Championship to Rosemary's stablemate Dust.

But overall, any weekend where you get a pom pom from Cheerleader Melissa and see the Minnesota Homewrecking Crew together is a good one. In street clothes, Rain looks a lot like Jenny Rose.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Those are the Super Strong Style tournament dates. I want to go to that, but I really don't want to go to London and be stuck there for three days... Especially when I'm looking to go to at least two other shows this year.

Anyway, the names so far for this year are:
Pete Dunne
Keith Lee
Zack Sabre Jr.
Doug Williams
Angelico
Mark Andrews
Flash Morgan Webster
Chuck Mambo
Chris Brookes
Jordan Devlin
Joey Janela
TK Cooper
David Starr
Tyler Bate
Kassius Ohno

One name left to be announced.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
for montreal people: (i dont know why i keep doing this. no one from montreal cares except me)
Walter vs Pierre Carl Ouellet for July 14th IWS

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Apparently the World of Sport show here in the UK is back in production, with taping happening in a month or two.

Expect the WWE UK show to be happening again...

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Some names for Best of Super Juniors have been shown:

Will Ospreay
Hiromu Takahashi
KUSHIDA
Marty Scurll
Flip Gordon
Dragon Lee
BUSHI
Sho
Yoh
Ryusuke Taguchi
Tiger Mask IV
El Desperado
Yoshinobu Kanemaru

That's 13 names, probably out of 16 total.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Su Yung wearing a bloody wedding dress is a pretty terrifying sight. The last time I saw her in Chicago, she was a smiling, happy, aw shucks good guy, so just like Courtney Rush turning into Rosemary a few years back, it's the really sweet ones you have to worry about when they come back from an extended stay in Florida.

Kimber Lee closed out the weekend against Nicole Savoy. Not too crazy about it, and as much as I like Nicole Savoy, if she's not in a strong rivalry, I don't know that the Shimmer format of champion vs. four unique challengers is working for her the way it did for Cheerleader Melissa and Madison Eagles. Su Yung was massively cheered against Nicole Savoy early on Sunday, and the Kimber Lee match just wasn't as loved as the LuFisto & Hudson Envy vs. Mia Yim & Kay Lee Ray match that immediately preceded it.

Nicole Matthews (who I believe legitimately had the flu - which kept Madison Eagles out yesterday), incorporated it into her matches by coming out with her hair up and loose-fitting clothes while coughing on referees and opponents. A bloody nose really completed the visual, and her match with Rachael Ellering was a standout.

Of all the people to lose their title, Shazza McKenzie was the one I thought who was doing the best with hers, but she lost the Heart of Shimmer Championship to Rosemary's stablemate Dust.

But overall, any weekend where you get a pom pom from Cheerleader Melissa and see the Minnesota Homewrecking Crew together is a good one. In street clothes, Rain looks a lot like Jenny Rose.
Nicole Matthews is f***ing great. Seriously such a big big fan. I wish I could make it down for a taping someday.

Reactions: quoipourquoi

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
David Finlay (Fit Finlay's son for those who didn't know) and Jay White had an absolutely awesome match. It wasn't a classic, but it was really really good for two very young wrestlers. Blew me away. Great stuff. I've always liked both of them, but this is the first time they blew my mind.

So excited for Juice vs. Goto on Friday.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

What a badass promo by Juice Robinson. WWE made a mistake letting him walk.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
That Progress card looks sweet, think I'm going to have to head to one of the days this weekend.

Think I need to hit day two to see my boy Trav.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad