OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
For a guy as good as Barkley is he sure has a ton of negative runs.

Their play calling fails to get him the ball in good situations. It's just give him the ball and let him make the play. That read option hasn't been their all game and instead of giving him a screen to get him in space and slow down the rush they just keep going back to it or giving him a pitch 8 yards in the backfield.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
All of the sudden, it looks like Georgia is a lock for the playoffs. What happened, PSU fans? I only watched the last 5 minutes, but it seemed like PSU was in control all game.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
All of the sudden, it looks like Georgia is a lock for the playoffs. What happened, PSU fans? I only watched the last 5 minutes, but it seemed like PSU was in control all game.

They got conservative. They got dominated in the trenches which was always an area of concern to me when up against the top tier teams. They’re still too young there & the older guys they do have aren’t very good.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Shit play calling in crunch time. Same as the Rose Bowl. Kept doing the same inside give to Barkley that wasn't there at any point in the game. Never got him the ball on any other way. Absolute lack of creativity in their calling and let OSU tee off on them and couldn't move the ball because of that.

Reactions: SnS

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No excuses for Penn State. They had the whole deal laid out exactly the way they would've wanted it. Ohio State wasn't at their best, and they had some 50/50 calls go their way. Maybe less than 50/50. Barkley was totally shut down as well. Heiseman race got way closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad