Injury Report: All Purpose Mumps Thread (Stempniak, Crabb, Gernander Isolated and Being Tested)

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 31s32 seconds ago
Wow Rangers also announce that F Lee Stempniak and AHL head coach Ken Gernander are both being isolated for five days and tested for mumps

New York Rangers @NYRangers · 2h 2 hours ago
#NYR News: Joey Crabb of @WolfPackAHL is being isolated from the team & being tested for the mumps

BarbaraAlphanse

Hagerty or Lindberg shall get their cup of coffee (hopefully). :)

Unless they determine they want Malone/Mueller instead. :shakehead

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so Brassards skating means he replaces Stempniak

Do they move Kreider to the 3rd line or Miller?

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Clearly players/teams haven't taken the proper precautions--players have to stop using any towel or water bottle they see and the team has to take out bleach and start wiping everything down, every single day. It's well known that mumps spreads easily, if everyone around the team doesn't take it seriously it will continue to pop up.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What is with everyone getting the mumps? Don't they have a vaccine for that?

They do, but as has been mentioned in other threads, even booster shots are only 87% effective. Most of these guys were vaccinated as kids and have received the booster as adults (like Crosby). That still doesn't protect you completely though.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Damn, spread to the AHL and now Stempniak? This is absolutely ridiculous. Take better precautions? We shouldn't be losing man-games to something so preventable.

I do seriously wonder if this will transfer to the NBA at any point.

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
Damn, spread to the AHL and now Stempniak? This is absolutely ridiculous. Take better precautions? We shouldn't be losing man-games to something so preventable.

I do seriously wonder if this will transfer to the NBA at any point.

Well 13 out of every 100 players will still get it on avg even with a vaccination....

And Im sure theyre doing everything they can to prevent it....But hockeys a contact sport...Sweat and saliva fly all over the place in games and practices......Theres only so much that can be done after the 1st person gets it really

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Kind of hope we give Chris Bourque a shot. He has to pass through waivers on the way back, but he's earned it. 26 points in 26 games so far.

If Stemp has the mumps, and Brass isn't ready to go Saturday, I want Bourque.

Morten

May 24, 2014
Anyone knows why AV would give Glass prio over Malone? I thought Malone played decently in the games he was in

Last edited:

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Kind of hope we give Chris Bourque a shot. He has to pass through waivers on the way back, but he's earned it. 26 points in 26 games so far.

If Stemp has the mumps, and Brass isn't ready to go Saturday, I want Bourque.

I believe if he stays on the NHL roster for less than 30 days (and/or doesn't play in 10 games during that time) he doesn't have to pass through waivers again. But don't have time to double check.

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Think it's possible with their cap situation that if Brass isn't ready they just roll 7 D on Saturday and live with it for a game? Maybe have Hunwick or Moore take shifts on the 4th line.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Think it's possible with their cap situation that if Brass isn't ready they just roll 7 D on Saturday and live with it for a game? Maybe have Hunwick or Moore take shifts on the 4th line.

Sure hope they don't try a defenseman as a forward, Moore certainly doesn't have any experience as a forward and I tend to doubt Hunwick does either.

If Brassard can't play, then either call up a player or simply have one/several of the other forwards double shift now and again on the third/forth line.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Sure hope they don't try a defenseman as a forward, Moore certainly doesn't have any experience as a forward and I tend to doubt Hunwick does either.

If Brassard can't play, then either call up a player or simply have one/several of the other forwards double shift now and again on the third/forth line.

Agreed. If like to see Lindberg or Haggerty get a game if need be.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Miller-Stepan-MSL
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Hayes-Hagelin
Glass-Moore-Fast

I'd rather do Kreider-Brassard-Nash and put Zuccarello at 3RW tbh. I think he'd mesh well with Hayes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad