Injury Report: All Purpose Injury Info

hurricanedave

Apr 19, 2012
Agree with this. Copp and Tanev weren't going to play for the Jets with this line-up so might as well send them to the Moose. Burmi is waiting to be traded, and Thorbs and Stuart are veterans who are now just depth players who might play if Maurice wants to bench someone to send a message.

My big questions about the roster and future moves revolve around RD. Is Myers' injury going to be all season? Career threatening? If he's not coming back, will the Jets be able to sign Trouba long-term? Or will they look to trade him.

One fun fact... Stuart needed to play at least 6 games this season (he's played 10) to meet the requirement that the Jets expose at least one D who is under contract for next season and played at least 70 games in the prior two seasons. Postma and Chiarot are free agents after this season and they might want to protect Trouba and Myers (Buff and Enstrom are protected with NMC).

According to Maurice he'll be undergoing some testing this week to check his status, so possibly find out from there. Hopefully there is some progress, I am guessing if the injury is season ending the Jets do not protect Myers at the draft. Well at least that is what I would do, seems like it would be too big a risk for Vegas to draft Myers after missing most of a season. I guess if the injury is career ending then that opens the door for the Jets to trade Trouba for a RHD if he wants out, not much depth there for the Jets.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
According to Maurice he'll be undergoing some testing this week to check his status, so possibly find out from there. Hopefully there is some progress, I am guessing if the injury is season ending the Jets do not protect Myers at the draft. Well at least that is what I would do, seems like it would be too big a risk for Vegas to draft Myers after missing most of a season. I guess if the injury is career ending then that opens the door for the Jets to trade Trouba for a RHD if he wants out, not much depth there for the Jets.

Why does everyone assume it's career ending?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Nobody is assuming it IMO. But Beyak did let it slip on 1290 that there is some concern in the Jets org that it could be.

It could be really bad. I understand TNSE trying to keep it quiet though. All you gotta do is look at the facts and the history. This type of injury with his build is a nightmare. My fear is that its more than just rumor and speculation.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It could be really bad. I understand TNSE trying to keep it quiet though. All you gotta do is look at the facts and the history. This type of injury with his build is a nightmare. My fear is that its more than just rumor and speculation.

What type of injury? AFAIK we don't know diddley about it.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Nobody is assuming it IMO. But Beyak did let it slip on 1290 that there is some concern in the Jets org that it could be.

don't forget what you (i think) overheard during training camp.
wasn't it Zinger who muttered some comment that Myers's hip looked good...for now?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
The pessimism over Myers is premature at this point - even for an avowed pessimist. :laugh:

:facepalm:

This tells me you don't truly understand pessimism. It waits not for facts, nor is it selectively applied. Every day, in every way, it is always there. The eternal nameless dread of what's to come. It is only by expecting the absolute worst that we can derive those fleeting moments of semi-happiness when we see the **** only hit the base of the fan. ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

This tells me you don't truly understand pessimism. It waits not for facts, nor is it selectively applied. Every day, in every way, it is always there. The eternal nameless dread of what's to come. It is only by expecting the absolute worst that we can derive those fleeting moments of semi-happiness when we see the **** only hit the base of the fan. ;)

Right, of course. I should have known better! :laugh:

Your pessimism stands on it own lack of merit. :laugh:

Facts may or may not reinforce it in the future - not that facts will actually affect it though. :laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Holy **** way better to be an optimist. Much easier to go through life rolling with change and believing things will eventually work out. Where every mistake is just something that needs fixing, every problem is just something that needs solving and every obstacle is just something to go around. Where no expectation is too unreasonable as it can always just be adjusted to meet changing circumstances :)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Bad Feeling on Tyler Myers

My gut feeling on Myers is "not good." Think about it- when a guy is injured they usually give you a rough timeline when he'll be back in the lineup. They say "nothing" on Myers- other than say his progress has plateaued ???- what's that supposed to mean ???
I think it's quite serious. Any of these big tall lanky guys have trouble with their joints. There is more weight and pressure on their joints, and more body to get hit by other players. I would stick to guys that are 6-5 inches tall at the "max"- prefer 6-2" to 6-4" ( more durable)
Remember Bo-Jackson in the NFL got tackled-didn't look serious, but it was a career ending "hip injury" for BO.
I think Myer's hip operation didn't work out that well, and he may not be coming back at all. I hope I'm wrong because i like his style of play, and good attitude, he brings to the Jets !!! Love to see him return to the lineup.
The "silence" surrounding him worries me greatly !!!-"not good"

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
well Myers' hip can't be any more the mess than Zach Bogosian the player is.

Kane has it going now so hopefully some team will roll the dice on him and give the Sabres something decent. LA scouts have been tailing the Sabres checking out Kane.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
well Myers' hip can't be any more the mess than Zach Bogosian the player is.

Kane has it going now so hopefully some team will roll the dice on him and give the Sabres something decent. LA scouts have been tailing the Sabres checking out Kane.

LA would be the last bastion of hope for the great EK9. Until he F**** that up too. Dude's a bum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad