OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Whats scary with the Hurricanes is, we are just getting started. We have a hell of a class coming in next season, including a stud RB and TE. Our rb depth is going to be insane. We are going to lose some depth on D, but recruiting will replenish the depth. Its great to be a Miami Hurricane again!

As far as this season is concerned, I like our defense against Clemson's offense, and I think we can put up the points to beat them in the ACC championship game. But lets just deal with Virginia right now, then Pitt afterwards.

Yeah, I read that they have a top 5 recruitment class coming in. If they are back in that category, we should be in for a great ride! Like you said, one game at a time this year. It’s already been a huge success no matter what happens. Richt is a godsend and loves the U. I’m happy they are back on track.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Ready for the other Miami football team to be embarrassed on National TV again...

(Now we'll somehow win)

Reactions: Rahooji

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Ready for the other Miami football team to be embarrassed on National TV again...

(Now we'll somehow win)

I’m not even asking for a win. All I need is 4 points from Devante Parker in fantasy so I can win this week. Can the Dolphins give me that? Lol probably not.

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I kept Parker on the bench.

Started Brown and Fuller over him. Think I got 8 points combined from both of them and will lose by like 10 points. Now I know Parker will get 40 points tonight.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I kept Parker on the bench.

Started Brown and Fuller over him. Think I got 8 points combined from both of them and will lose by like 10 points. Now I know Parker will get 40 points tonight.

I’m a bit weak at receiver this season but my running backs are beasts. Plus I have Brady and Gostkowski.

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Well Parker picked up the points for me.

Nice. Just looked at Drakes and Parkers point totals... would of won. Go figure lol.

Freeman got injured, 0.3 points, Brown 7.7, and Fuller 3.5
Oh and Ty Hilton had 4.3 points.
Parker and Drake combined for 29.8 points...

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Looking forward to watching the patriots kick the living crap outta miami today. I know ya'll hate the patriots, but try to root for them at least for one game of your choosing. They usually don't let you don't like the trash bag organizations in South Florida. And that's coming from a South Florida native. Who is tired of mediocrity and losing I may add.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
And Stanton is gone from Miami more than likely

I admit I don't know too much about the return, but wooo, trading off our star players once again!
Doesn't give me much confidence to watch under this ownership.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Looking forward to watching the patriots kick the living crap outta miami today. I know ya'll hate the patriots, but try to root for them at least for one game of your choosing. They usually don't let you don't like the trash bag organizations in South Florida. And that's coming from a South Florida native. Who is tired of mediocrity and losing I may add.

As a Pats Fan I have to ask where you stand.

Grogan or Eason?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
And Stanton is gone from Miami more than likely

I admit I don't know too much about the return, but wooo, trading off our star players once again!
Doesn't give me much confidence to watch under this ownership.

Stanton is 28 years old, still owed $295 million over the next 10 years.
Miami will pay $30 million of that, they pay Castro $10 and 11 million a year for next 2 years and Giancarlo can opt out of this deal after 3 years and $77million paid. Basically the Yankees are going all in and getting the reigning MVP for around $24 million for the next 2-3 years which is great value and also keeps them under the luxury salary tax penalty. After 3 years, his salary balloons to $32 million for like 3-4 years and then starts to dip again in his mid to late 30's.

The Yankees gave up 2 really good prospects along with Castro but they just accelerated their re-build by a year or two in adding a lot more offense to their lineup.

Yankees are going to win this year or next, they have three of the best HR hitters in the game now with Stanton (59), Judge (52) and Sanchez (33). They also have $$ to go add to their bullpen and roster with a ton of big UFA contracts coming off their books.

As a Blue Jays fan, this sucks. :(

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
@ThePatientPanther , good insight.

Nice win for the Dolphins. Always enjoy the rare wins over the Pats. Drake looks legit.

And X. Howard has come up big on defense these past two weeks

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
@ThePatientPanther , good insight.

Nice win for the Dolphins. Always enjoy the rare wins over the Pats. Drake looks legit.

And X. Howard has come up big on defense these past two weeks

I agree. That was a great game. Howard and Tankersley are going to be very good corners for many years to come. Drake is also very good. Phillips and Godchaux are solid picks too. They really need some stud linebackers to bring it all together on defense imo.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Call me crazy but to me, the arrow is finally pointing up in Miami for the Marlins, I have faith that Jeter has the people in place to manage this thing.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

I remember reading about this project, maybe a year ago? Good to see it actually happen and hopefully the popularity of the sport in America grows. Easily a top3 gym class sport here.

I hope they got bigger nets though, the actual ones are like four times the size of that mini net lol.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@MPGA

The Jaguars just need a strong arm QB and they may challenge for a couple Super Bowls. Their defense is crazy good. I think they would give the Patriots problems, if they can shut down Gronk somehow, Lewis and Amendola will have a tough go with that Jags secondary. Fournette is a stud!

Called your team to go 10-6 as well ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad