All Inclusive DraftKings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Maybe? Anyone else play the daily leagues on there?

I've been dabbling, but it's frustrating. I feel as if every night I draft a good team, but get beaten by a kid who loads up on players from the same team. That seems to be the strategy that works, but whatever...

Last night's winning team in my league:

Little
Seguin
E. Kane
Ladd
Wheeler
Edler
Trouba
Hutchinson
Byfuglien

You need players from at least three teams. He had 7 Jets and recorded 57.4 points for the win.

I'm going to follow this strategy tonight myself and load up on Jets as they take on the Sabres.

Anyway, anyone else play? Have you found success? Because I certainly nave not :laugh:

skinneh

#FireHolland
Jul 17, 2009
Winnipeg
They should have a Daily Fantasy Sports sub section.. It's getting big when the sites are signing deals with the leagues.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I just joined a week ago to Draftkings. Started with $25 and now have $34. My first two days were more of trial and error more than anything. What I prefer is to do the 50/50 nightly games. I did one last night with 200 people in it and came in 60 something. The return is $9 on my $5 fee so almost double your money.

I find that the 50/50 type of game is the best for me at least. As long as you finish in the top half you cash in. You do not have to be perfect but just do well. I have found two tricks which are helping me so far.

-pick a winning goalie. this is by far the most important position. that two point win bonus is huge and a shutout could just but for sure you a spot in the top half.

-use the draftkings app. When picking my team I will click on the player and it shows their past few games fantasy points totals. pick players who are more due to have a bigger game. what I mean by that is that their will be a player who has got a bunch of points a few games in a row and then another player who has not had that many points over the past few games. I tend to go to the player who is due.

-look at the opposition. l do not like to pick players who are shooting against goalies like Price, Lundqvist, Rinne, Rask and Quick. it is as simple as they tend to let in less goals.

-I like to pick players from later games, especially goalies. I usually go to bed around eleven. I like it when I know that I am more likely to get points later in the night as opposed to earlier and hoping to hang on.

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
That guy is going to lose his shirt pretty quickly. It might work here or there but all in mindset is the reason why getting above the 50 or 25% threshold to obtain your money back or profits is although challenging a realistic opportunity.

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
-I like to pick players from later games, especially goalies. I usually go to bed around eleven. I like it when I know that I am more likely to get points later in the night as opposed to earlier and hoping to hang on.

Although hanging on is stressful and can distract your time at a late night dinner with the gf checking your phone every 20 Seconds it happens you should build the best combo you can under 50k regardless of start times.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Moved from the $5 leagues to the $2 leagues drafting two teams. One where I load up on one team, the other where I pick an "actual" good team :laugh:

Big on the Habs today.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Tonight is the one night that I am having a really hard time. My line up right now is:

C-Crosby
C-Haula
W-Pacioretty
W-D.Sedin
W-Vanek
D-Subban
D-Gunnarsson
G-Rask
U-Semin

I am in the $5 100 person 50/50 game. As long as I come in the top half I win.

Man was that a close one. I came in 50th place. Just good enough to squeak in. I will post my lineup for tomorrow.

Post your teams

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Last night:

Bergeron
Seguin
Benn
Comeau
Parenteau
Severson
Wisniewski
Montoya
Schwartz

1.7 points out of the money :(

EDIT - I also had a team that was mostly Habs. We know how that went though :shakehead

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Backstrom
Duchene
Ovechkin
Pearson
Toffoli
Jones
Subban
Bishop
Galchenyuk

I feel better tonight than what I did last night.

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
posting last two days to make myself feel better about yesterdays teams

3 days ago

51.7 pts 1st place -(D) Stephane Robidas ,(W) Chris Kunitz ,(C) Evgeni Malkin ,(W) Blake Comeau ,(W) Ryan Callahan ,(G) Ben Bishop ,(C) Steven Stamkos ,(D) Jason Garrison ,(UTIL) Mark Scheifele
49.6 pts 2nd place- (C) Joe Thornton ,(W) Marian Hossa ,(W) Alexander Semin ,(D) Duncan Keith ,(D) Brent Seabrook ,(G) Corey Crawford ,(UTIL) Blake Comeau ,(C) Jonathan Toews ,(W) Patrick Kane

yesterday both teams came about 4 pts out

31.8 - (C) Henrik Zetterberg ,(D) Niklas Kronwall ,(UTIL) Blake Comeau ,(G) Jake Allen ,(C) Jori Lehtera ,(W) Jaden Schwartz ,(W) Vladimir Tarasenko ,(W) Gustav Nyquist ,(D) Damon Severson
31.2 - (W) Daniel Sedin ,(C) Henrik Sedin ,(W) Radim Vrbata ,(G) Kari Lehtonen ,(UTIL) Travis Zajac ,(W) Jamie Benn ,(C) Tyler Seguin ,(D) John Klingberg ,(D) Damon Severson

NJDevils1

May 14, 2010
started doing this last week, won $4 in my first game and have lost every single one since

I stick to one $2 entry but tonight i did a $2 entry and 8 $0.25 entries

im big on montreal/pit tonight. I was big on them last night but both lost so i figure they cant each lose again right :help:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
posting last two days to make myself feel better about yesterdays teams

3 days ago

51.7 pts 1st place -(D) Stephane Robidas ,(W) Chris Kunitz ,(C) Evgeni Malkin ,(W) Blake Comeau ,(W) Ryan Callahan ,(G) Ben Bishop ,(C) Steven Stamkos ,(D) Jason Garrison ,(UTIL) Mark Scheifele
49.6 pts 2nd place- (C) Joe Thornton ,(W) Marian Hossa ,(W) Alexander Semin ,(D) Duncan Keith ,(D) Brent Seabrook ,(G) Corey Crawford ,(UTIL) Blake Comeau ,(C) Jonathan Toews ,(W) Patrick Kane

yesterday both teams came about 4 pts out

31.8 - (C) Henrik Zetterberg ,(D) Niklas Kronwall ,(UTIL) Blake Comeau ,(G) Jake Allen ,(C) Jori Lehtera ,(W) Jaden Schwartz ,(W) Vladimir Tarasenko ,(W) Gustav Nyquist ,(D) Damon Severson
31.2 - (W) Daniel Sedin ,(C) Henrik Sedin ,(W) Radim Vrbata ,(G) Kari Lehtonen ,(UTIL) Travis Zajac ,(W) Jamie Benn ,(C) Tyler Seguin ,(D) John Klingberg ,(D) Damon Severson

So for the most part, you follow the stack a couple of teams players strategy? I mean, it makes sense. Bet on the teams you think are going to win that night, right?

I've got two teams again in the $2 leagues. Loaded Preds on one, and did a collection of teams on the other. Feel good about both of them, but that's how I feel every night and I've only cashed once! :laugh:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Backstrom
Duchene
Ovechkin
Pearson
Toffoli
Jones
Subban
Bishop
Galchenyuk

I feel better tonight than what I did last night.

I was in two 50/50 leagues last night and cashed in both.

7/20 in one league and 30/100 in the other. Both were $5 leagues.

NJDevils1

May 14, 2010
I was in two 50/50 leagues last night and cashed in both.

7/20 in one league and 30/100 in the other. Both were $5 leagues.

I think i might have to start 50/50 leagues
ive been doing the $2 and $0.25 ones in the past
last nights best line up for me

R. Getzlaf
N. MacKinnon
J. Neal
R. O'Reilly
C. Perry
C. Fowler
P. Subban
B. Bishop
B. Comeau

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Seguin
Stamkos
Jagr
Kucherov
Nino
Klingberg
Severson
Bishop
Galchenyuk

I mean... Am I completely wrong and that's a **** team? Or am I just ridiculously unlucky?

My Preds lineup recorded two more points than that one. I finished 11 points out of the money :facepalm:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Seguin
Stamkos
Jagr
Kucherov
Nino
Klingberg
Severson
Bishop
Galchenyuk

I mean... Am I completely wrong and that's a **** team? Or am I just ridiculously unlucky?

My Preds lineup recorded two more points than that one. I finished 11 points out of the money :facepalm:

Maybe I am just lucky but I look more for players who are due as opposed to what players have been hot. I had Bishop and Galchenyuk last night as well. I am not going to check all of your players but Stamkos, Seguin and Klingberg have all been hot of late. I try to abound the players who have racked up a bunch of points of late and pick the skilled players who have not many points over the last few games.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Maybe I am just lucky but I look more for players who are due as opposed to what players have been hot. I had Bishop and Galchenyuk last night as well. I am not going to check all of your players but Stamkos, Seguin and Klingberg have all been hot of late. I try to abound the players who have racked up a bunch of points of late and pick the skilled players who have not many points over the last few games.

The way I see it, maybe I'm naive, but Seguin and Stamkos are two of the best guys in the game. If I can get them in budget and still have a competitive team, which I think I did, they're good picks to me :dunno:

Obviously this hasn't been working though :laugh:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
The way I see it, maybe I'm naive, but Seguin and Stamkos are two of the best guys in the game. If I can get them in budget and still have a competitive team, which I think I did, they're good picks to me :dunno:

Obviously this hasn't been working though :laugh:

I understand what you are saying but this is my point about it. Before last night Stamkos previous three games had fantasy points of 8.0, 5.0 and 5.5 with two goals and three assists. Seguin had fantasy points of 9.5, 9.0 and 8.0 with three goals and two assists. Now they both are great fantasy players but have been coming off bigger games. To me they are both due to have a quiter night. Now I pick players who have been quiter recently in hopes that they have a bigger game.

Two examples that I can think of. If you flip a coin and it comes up heads five times in a row I will bet tails on the next one. Yes technically with picking tails I still have a 50/50 chance but I feel as if tails is due to come up. I just go on a hunch.

The second is like I said to just look at players previous games. I got lucky last night as I picked Toffoli and Pearson with the whole being due mindset and neither did well for me. Over the last ten games Pearson has got 18 fantasy points or 1.8 per game. Toffoli over the last ten games has 26.5 or 2.6 points per game. That sounds better but over his last six games just 9.5 points. I plan on playing both if these guys in upcoming games.

I just joined the site a short time ago. Since being there I am 7 wins and 3 losses. I am only playing the 50/50 games but I like playing where it gives me the best odds at winning. Maybe my strategy is working or it is just dumb luck.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
^^^^ I use similar logic to that when I'm picking my 'budget' players. I look to see who's 'underpriced' because they haven't been performing. I just put too much faith in the big guns to be big guns I guess :dunno:

Loading up on Rangers tonight. Expecting them to come out very angry and prepared against a TB team that has destroyed them this season. Boom or bust picks here for sure.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Tonight I am going with:

Duchene
Stamkos
Boedker
Hall
Palat
Schultz
Wisniewski
Bonrovski
Galchenyuk

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Went for a Lightning heavy lineup last night

:facepalm:

I like my team tonight. Trying one of the 50/50 leagues as well as the typical $2 sniper challenge with like 4,000 other entries. Will post the lineup tomorrow, but I like the looks of it.

25.9 points. 15/20 in a 50/50 league. 2683rd in the NHL $6K Sniper :facepalm:

Granlund
Little
Byfuglien
Pominville
Schwartz
Spurgeon
Subban
Pavelec
Pacioretty

The guys in bold combined for 8 points. Is that a terrible team? I mean, it looks pretty well balanced to me. I really think I'm just the unluckiest person in the world! :laugh:

:cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad