All fan road trip talk

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
I'm going with two friends. Our 3rd trip as well. It's amazing each time and being in Montreal, you really don't care if the Rangers win or not because it's still going to be a great night lol. Although, last time we were there, I think we lost either 3-0 or 4-0 and Biron started. Will be staying at the Sheraton across the street from the Bell Centre. What section are you sitting in?

2 times ago i stayed at the sheraton.. staying at the hyatt regency this time closer to st laurent. i havent been there for a win, hopefully they get one this time.

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
Flying to Denver Thursday for the Colorado game. First time in the city, pretty excited about it. Anybody been to the Pepsi Center and have recommendations for things to check out before/after game in the area?

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Flying to Denver Thursday for the Colorado game. First time in the city, pretty excited about it. Anybody been to the Pepsi Center and have recommendations for things to check out before/after game in the area?

Any dispensaries near the Pepsi Center? :D

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Rangers road trips I've done:
NYI, NJD (both arenas), WSH, BOS, PHI, MIN, OTT, MTL, CGY and EDM.

Other hockey road trips I've done.
NHL:
NSH, CHI, BUF, TOR, VAN, DAL, CBJ, PIT, LAK, ANA, SJS, STL,

AHL:
HFD, BRI, PRO, PHI, WBS, BNG, CHI, RFD, MIL

WHL:
POR

Misc: Barclays Center (NJD vs NYI)

I just got back from the Calgary/Edmonton games. I was amazed at how many Canadians were Rangers fans. I spoke to a few seated near me, they had driven in from BC and Saskatchewan to the games.

Next season, I'm thinking of doing TBL and FLA.

mti79

May 11, 2007
When my wife and I went to Montreal last year, we went up on a Friday for the Saturday night game. Friday, we went out to dinner and were told our table would be ready in a few minutes, there were just some hockey players finishing up. Sure enough, Danny, Cally, Steps and McD walk out. It was awesome. Then we had a great meal on top of it.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I figured we could use a thread for traveling Rangers fans and I didn't want to create a new one.

I'll be at:
Rangers @ Avalanche (Saturday, 1/20) - I'm a Denver resident now, this one is an automatic!
Rangers @ Kings (Sunday, 1/21)
Rangers @ Ducks (Tuesday, 1/23)
Rangers @ Sharks (Thursday, 1/25)

Would love to hear who else is going to those games, and maybe grab a beer with anyone who is interested (and of age! :D)

EDIT: And if anyone is traveling to go to those games, even if you don't care to meet up, I'd be happy to give any and all suggestions for what to do before/after the game.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I figured we could use a thread for traveling Rangers fans and I didn't want to create a new one.

I'll be at:
Rangers @ Avalanche (Saturday, 1/20) - I'm a Denver resident now, this one is an automatic!
Rangers @ Kings (Sunday, 1/21)
Rangers @ Ducks (Tuesday, 1/23)
Rangers @ Sharks (Thursday, 1/25)

Would love to hear who else is going to those games, and maybe grab a beer with anyone who is interested (and of age! :D)

EDIT: And if anyone is traveling to go to those games, even if you don't care to meet up, I'd be happy to give any and all suggestions for what to do before/after the game.

I'll be heading to the NYR vs COL game next Saturday. Any recommendations on what to see in the arena? Trophy wall, banners, etc? Do you recommend anything good to eat in the arena?

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'll be heading to the NYR vs COL game next Saturday. Any recommendations on what to see in the arena? Trophy wall, banners, etc? Do you recommend anything good to eat in the arena?
Good stuff! Not sure if I have a ton of recs in the arena. Food wise, it's pretty standard fare, nothing worth pointing out (unless you're on the club level). And unless I'm forgetting something major, there isn't a ton of memorabilia like there is in the Garden. The team store is worth going into, if for no other reason than they have a good amount of Nords stuff. I'd do one lap around the upper concourse before getting your seat, JIC.

In terms of food (and drink) outside the arena, I highly recommend Euclid Hall...just a five minute walk.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Good stuff! Not sure if I have a ton of recs in the arena. Food wise, it's pretty standard fare, nothing worth pointing out (unless you're on the club level). And unless I'm forgetting something major, there isn't a ton of memorabilia like there is in the Garden. The team store is worth going into, if for no other reason than they have a good amount of Nords stuff. I'd do one lap around the upper concourse before getting your seat, JIC.

In terms of food (and drink) outside the arena, I highly recommend Euclid Hall...just a five minute walk.

That's cool that they sell Nordique gear there. I always check out each arena's team store to pick up an official game puck. Excited to say that Denver will be my 31st puck. I do have to go back to PIT, EDM, and DET as they have gotten new arenas.

I'll check out Euclid Hall. Thanks for the tip.

Quick question, does the Pepsi Center not have the words Pepsi Center on the arena? I try to take a photo of the arena with the name on it. I've looked on Google Maps, and I can't find the words Pepsi Center anywhere.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Quick question, does the Pepsi Center not have the words Pepsi Center on the arena? I try to take a photo of the arena with the name on it. I've looked on Google Maps, and I can't find the words Pepsi Center anywhere.

Huh. Good question. To be honest, I’ve never noticed. It must say it somewhere...right? If I had to guess, I’d say it would be on he south entrance

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
@JRinNYC hope you enjoyed the game (and the rest of your time) in Denver!

Anyone else going tonight to the game in Anaheim?

@mrhockey193195, I had a great time in Denver. Sucked that the Rangers lost. Also got to do some skiing in Breckenridge. Really enjoyed Denver.

I finally completed the 31* NHL arena challenge. I guess I started back in 1992 when I went to my first hockey game :)
Of the 31 arenas I saw the Rangers play in 17 arenas (including MSG).

*I do have to go back to PIT, EDM and DET as they got new arenas after I visited.

Here are pictures I took of the arenas. If you want to see the original size go to https://i.imgur.com/80y6tO5.jpg
80y6tO5h.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad