Confirmed with Link: All Encompassing Arena Talk: Meruelo focused on winning auction, but now may be looking for buyers (in and out of state)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's what I'm sayin, holy shit that's nice. That actually looks like the first class XG is always going on about!
Maybe it's me, but what is so hot about those pictures? I guess for the first teaser it's not bad, but we had images of a arena when Ice Edge or whatever they were called owned the Coyote's.

Love the low profile of the arena. Very Frank Lloyd Wright. Looks so sick
Doesn't take much to make you guys happy.:laugh:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If only money could fix education.
I love the school my kids attend. They’re young but they’re doing great there. I’m sure no small part of that is my wife being a stay at home mom, who’s dedicated to helping them with school. And also it probably helps that it’s a private school with small classes and dedicated specials, etc.

I don’t know what public school is really like these days, I guess. I’m not exactly sure what the problems really are. I know that public districts often say they’re underfunded and operating with budget deficits. I’m inclined to believe them but I guess I don’t really know.

I pay property tax to support the neighborhood school district. I also do the tax donation to the local school every year. And I also pay tuition for the private school my kids go to. So I guess I’m just a sucker. Haha. Double paying. I honestly don’t really know. Just doing whatever seems right.

And I’m also broke. :)

IronFinn

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
I love the school my kids attend. They’re young but they’re doing great there. I’m sure no small part of that is my wife being a stay at home mom, who’s dedicated to helping them with school. And also it probably helps that it’s a private school with small classes and dedicated specials, etc.

I don’t know what public school is really like these days, I guess. I’m not exactly sure what the problems really are. I know that public districts often say they’re underfunded and operating with budget deficits. I’m inclined to believe them but I guess I don’t really know.

I pay property tax to support the neighborhood school district. I also do the tax donation to the local school every year. And I also pay tuition for the private school my kids go to. So I guess I’m just a sucker. Haha. Double paying. I honestly don’t really know. Just doing whatever seems right.

With this $68.5M+ going to public education, maybe AZ can move from 48th worst per student spending to 47th. The more I think about it, let’s hope for a second bidder to get the amount higher, but I still want the Yotes to win the bid of course.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Good for you and your wife. One of the parents should be home with the kids until the kids start grade one, at least. Everything, good or bad starts at home. Having kids is a big sacrifice and most don't want to do it. They would rather send their kids to day care and drive around in their new SUV.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
With this $68.5M+ going to public education, maybe AZ can move from 48th worst per student spending to 47th. The more I think about it, let’s hope for a second bidder to get the amount higher, but I still want the Yotes to win the bid of course.
Everybody wants $$ and cry poor. The problem is where the money goes. Every part of the gov't from top to bottom is so top heavy all wanting their pound of flesh very little of the $$ goes where it should.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Everybody wants $$ and cry poor. The problem is where the money goes. Every part of the gov't from top to bottom is so top heavy all wanting their pound of flesh very little of the $$ goes where it should.

At the risk of being guilty of perpetuating this VERY off-topic tangent, I will say two things: my tax money is being pocketed both by public school district admins and not teachers, and also by scam artists in the private voucher system who are buying spa vacations with the money. And it pisses me off.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
At the risk of being guilty of perpetuating this VERY off-topic tangent, I will say two things: my tax money is being pocketed both by public school district admins and not teachers, and also by scam artists in the private voucher system who are buying spa vacations with the money. And it pisses me off.
Absolutely, but we most likely never would have had the latter, had we not had the former.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I'd be 100% in favor of re-re-branding to the Phoenix Coyotes if the opportunity presented itself. I don't know why, but "Arizona" Coyotes has a stink to it.

Just me?
I like the AZ concept and being the NHL team for the state. Having their AHL team in Tucson sort of adds to the dynamic. It also matches with the DBacks and Cardinals.

rt

May 13, 2004
Phoenix will be appropriate if this team somehow rises from the ashes and gets a new arena around the time they come out of a rebuild. Heck, at that point they should just rebrand the team as The Arizona Phoenix and get a firebird logo.

“The Arizona Phoenix of Phoenix Arizona”

Reactions: Mosby

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Phoenix will be appropriate if this team somehow rises from the ashes and gets a new arena around the time they come out of a rebuild. Heck, at that point they should just rebrand the team as The Arizona Phoenix and get a firebird logo.

As long as it is a Kachina Phoenix, that idea is fire.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

With the way City of Phoenix is allegedly working with Meruelo, maybe we just use their logo... :D

rt

May 13, 2004
As long as it is a Kachina Phoenix, that idea is fire.
2FB9A5BA-43F6-4503-B81A-7B758BF8AAFB.jpeg

Reactions: Baby Doaner

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I'd be 100% in favor of re-re-branding to the Phoenix Coyotes if the opportunity presented itself. I don't know why, but "Arizona" Coyotes has a stink to it.

Just me?
Not just you. I always thought it was lame to be named after the state. I think the Kansas City Chiefs and St. Louis Blues sound better than the Missouri Chiefs or Missouri Blues. The Michigan Red Wings, Massachusetts Bruins and Red Sox, etc. That's just me though.
It's probably too late to switch back. People would throw a fit.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad