Confirmed with Link: All Encompassing Arena Talk: Meruelo focused on winning auction, but now may be looking for buyers (in and out of state)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I’d really like to see the auction get posted already
Everyone would.

The latest word Craig Morgan got was it's a complex deal taking a bit longer than was expected.

There were at least seven attachments to the application. Most, if not all, dealing with right of way declarations. All of that has to be hammered out with the City of Phoenix.

Reactions: Yotes2000

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I wouldn't call AM a bull in a china shop, rather a smart persistent business man that knows what he's doing. If you want to call him a fighter, that's fine. As far as the NHL goes they aren't afraid of his actions. They know exactly what AM is doing and as of right now AM has done nothing wrong, so the NHL has no legal grounds to force anything on AM.
You can have a rough/tumble style and still be a smart businessman. Doesn't make it better or worse.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
AM's "bull in a china shop" persona works to our advantage. The guy is a fighter, the BOG knows this, and maybe a little afraid of his actions if they tried to force anything on him.

I wouldn't bet against him.
If he was a fighter, wouldn't he have fought harder to convince residents of Tempe that TED was a win for them?

The BOG isn't afraid of him in the slightest.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I wouldn't call AM a bull in a china shop, rather a smart persistent business man that knows what he's doing. If you want to call him a fighter, that's fine. As far as the NHL goes they aren't afraid of his actions. They know exactly what AM is doing and as of right now AM has done nothing wrong, so the NHL has no legal grounds to force anything on AM.
Such certainty Jakey, do tell, how you got there!

If he was a fighter, wouldn't he have fought harder to convince residents of Tempe that TED was a win for them?

The BOG isn't afraid of him in the slightest.
I wouldn't call it fear. I think he may have them over a barrel though. Just speculation on my part however, I don't have near the inside knowledge of @Jakey53 :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I wouldn’t call it direct fear.

More like they don’t want certain things exposed.
I don't think they fear him, I mean they are billionaires too most of which have even more money and power than he. However I can see them viewing him as a bit volatile, the kind of guy who isn't going to go quietly into the night. So they have to ask themselves, is trying to f*** with him right now really worth it? Do you really want to deal with all that drama? I think their answer right now is no, it's not worth the ensuing shit show, just give him his chance to play with the big dogs and see if he can do it or not.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Main source for the article is here:

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Here we go:

Gutierrez’ assertion that the team will consider establishing a theme park district to help finance its development adds another wrinkle to an already complex process. While the establishment of a theme park district does not create any citywide or countywide taxes – Gutierrez referred to it as a “voluntary user fee” for those who spend money at the development – using the mechanism to help finance a Coyotes arena could be a touchy political issue.

SMH

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Here we go:

Gutierrez’ assertion that the team will consider establishing a theme park district to help finance its development adds another wrinkle to an already complex process. While the establishment of a theme park district does not create any citywide or countywide taxes – Gutierrez referred to it as a “voluntary user fee” for those who spend money at the development – using the mechanism to help finance a Coyotes arena could be a touchy political issue.

SMH

Before you shake something loose :laugh:……

This is all about the Phoenix Rising group still looking to get into the MLS and their own stadium.

The only connection to the Coyotes is that two guys who used to work for them are involved.

But if you want to throw the tin foil hat on and believe that Meruelo is using the Rising as a “useful idiot” agent on their behalf then shake away. :DD

Just realize how many clicks would this article even get if there was no mention of the Coyotes at all.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Before you shake something loose :laugh:……

This is all about the Phoenix Rising group still looking to get into the MLS and their own stadium.

The only connection to the Coyotes is that two guys who used to work for them are involved.

But if you want to throw the tin foil hat on and believe that Meruelo is using the Rising as a “useful idiot” agent on their behalf then shake away. :DD

Just realize how many clicks would this article even get if there was no mention of the Coyotes at all.
It's a gentle speculative shake of mistrust. There's enough smoke between the lines to warrant that speculation. The only potential hurt would be to my fandom. :laugh:

Reactions: TheLegend

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Didn’t post this chart originally because it was considered to be for subscribers but now that it’s public I can post it.

This is pseudo FAQ sheet on AZ land trust auctions and what Meruelo faces. It was created by someone who’s well plugged into the legal side of things (and she’s also a Coyotes fan)

You’ll have to view the entire pic by tapping on it.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Sounds like it can go a lot faster or slower depending on how accommodating the state folks are. The relationship seems pretty good all around though, so there's hope there I guess. All that's left is to win that auction now!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Sounds like it can go a lot faster or slower depending on how accommodating the state folks are. The relationship seems pretty good all around though, so there's hope there I guess. All that's left is to win that auction now!
Rolling Stones, July 8th 1978, Soldier Field, Chicago Il., U.S.A., best show I ever saw. Not the slickest, or most pristine, but best raw, natural Rock 'N Roll that is the Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band in the World..... The Rolling Stones!

Chicago 1978 with The Rolling Stones. See show info, setlist, etc.

I've seen them several times since and all were great shows, but they left the raw, raunch behind after 78.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Rolling Stones, July 8th 1978, Soldier Field, Chicago Il., U.S.A., best show I ever saw. Not the slickest, or most pristine, but best raw, natural Rock 'N Roll that is the Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band in the World..... The Rolling Stones!

Chicago 1978 with The Rolling Stones. See show info, setlist, etc.

I've seen them several times since and all were great shows, but they left the raw, raunch behind after 78.
Awesome! I was born in 83, so I never got to see them anywhere near their peak, sadly. I can put pretty much any album up until Tatoo you on the player and have a great time. You won't find too many bands with that body of work, that's for sure :nod:

Reactions: Coyotedroppings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad