AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have seen the match posted, it looks to me like Danielson is selling because they made it a point on commentary to say that the ref was trying to stop the match and Ospreay blew through it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hearing rumors of an 8-star match

I legit don't know why the usual suspects feel the need to be so hyperbolic and put shit on ridiculous pedestals. The greatest match in the history of North American wrestling is just such an over the top statement.

All that said, it was an absolutely fantastic match. From a pure in ring work perspective its easily MOTY and will be difficult to top.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I legit don't know why the usual suspects feel the need to be so hyperbolic and put shit on ridiculous pedestals. The greatest match in the history of North American wrestling is just such an over the top statement.

All that said, it was an absolutely fantastic match. From a pure in ring work perspective its easily MOTY and will be difficult to top.

I think it was the best match I’ve ever seen. So. 🤷‍♂️

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Danielson was having “seizures” in a match a few months ago as well, he’s obviously selling

I find it hard getting through the weekly AEW shows but their ppvs never miss. Great show top to bottom minus the Jericho fatigue

Reactions: hockey20000

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
How long of a run do you give Swerve before you rightfully put the belt on Ospreay?
I think they can keep Osprey busy with the Callis family turning on him for while but you have to think hes the main event at Wembly and thats probably for the title

Swerve deserves a nice reign but Osprey is scorching hot...

Reactions: SnS

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Fantastic show! Weakest point was Jericho, but whatever. I needed time to make my burger so I'm fine with it.

Too much to say about each thing, but Ospreay/Danielson is probably my match of the year right now, a hair above Ospreay/Takeshita and ZSJ/Bryan. Just a fantastic match that lived up to the hype and then some.

That Jack Perry reveal was great. This new version of The Elite have made Perry and the Bucks the most interesting to me probably ever. Jack Perry with a beard reminds me of Jay White. He should never go back to clean shaven.

Swerve getting his moment was awesome. Looked like he may have over-done the stomp when Joe was on the rope, but if so he smoothly transitioned without batting an eye. The emotion coming to him before the final stomp was beautiful. Great way to end a PPV where many heels won.

Hard to say what the Danielson injury thing is. I think it's either not real or it's not severe since he lined up for the hidden blade right after the storm driver. After watching the replay, it's not a neck injury or anything. We'll see. Could see this leading to Callis Family/BCC where things boil over for Ospreay and Callis or it could lead to a highly anticipated return of Danielson in a couple months.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Just a reminder. To the build of Ospreay/Danielson, Ospreay called out Danielson's hypocrisy because Danielson criticized the storm driver after his match with Kenny Omega. Something to note.

Reactions: SnS

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Rewatching that finish and I would be shocked if it wasn't a work.

Just no way he is taking another move if he has a legit major upper body injury off that tiger driver.

Also was like the safest driver that could be taken.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad