AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Mox's forehead is gonna like Dusty Rhodes's forehead by the time Mox turns 40.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Someone should challenge Mox to a first blood match so he can’t bleed.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just finished up the main event. I’m sold on MJF. I thought he would have to be carried most of the way but they both put in some serious work. I felt like a kid watching that match. Sucked me right in with the false finishes and the cheap heel tactics.

Aside from whatever the hell they are doing with the women’s title and the factions there, I loved the booking all night. Every match delivered. Not a perfect show but really good. I was entertained. They all needed that as a whole.

Reactions: CDJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I didn’t see it but from reading it, I think if that was a WWE PPV you’d all be screaming about how awful the finish was. Especially since it basically just happened 2 weeks ago.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I didn’t see it but from reading it, I think if that was a WWE PPV you’d all be screaming about how awful the finish was. Especially since it basically just happened 2 weeks ago.
Well, MJF could not win clean and you kinda have to continue the feud. Danielson is the only babyface currently over enough to go against MJF... unless they go back to Starks right away... which they shouldn't, because Starks should beat MJF next time he fights him.

Reactions: Fro and SnS

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
i really appreciate the elite putting HOB over. HOB also needed that win or they would’ve been dead in the water. This elevates them in a big way imo

I think Tony did a great job with the booking of the mens matches

Reactions: Fro

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would say you should watch it then?

Spend 65 minutes to see it end like that? Considering it was exactly what I expected, no thanks.

Well, MJF could not win clean and you kinda have to continue the feud. Danielson is the only babyface currently over enough to go against MJF... unless they go back to Starks right away... which they shouldn't, because Starks should beat MJF next time he fights him.

This match was completely on Danielson’s terms. There is no need for a rematch.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
i really appreciate the elite putting HOB over. HOB also needed that win or they would’ve been dead in the water. This elevates them in a big way imo

This was the match i was most concerned about them overthinking. HOB needed it desperately. The best part here is they can run with the trios titles for a bit, and when it’s time to transition i hope the keep King and Matthews as the HOB as a tag team, and give Black a singles push. There’s more than enough talent to make that work.

Spend 65 minutes to see it end like that? Considering it was exactly what I expected, no thanks.

This match was completely on Danielson’s terms. There is no need for a rematch.
MJF kicked him in the dick to gain back to back pinfalls, and used an oxygen tank for the OT winner. There’s plenty of story left.

I was expecting a tie, period. So i was happy to be semi swerved with the extra time. Even still i felt like they both did enough that i really wasn’t sure how it was gonna end. The pacing was perfect, and the final 15 minutes was high stakes high tension wrestling at its finest. They nailed it.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

For sure. Starks, Hangman and HOB all needed to go over last night and all three did go over. All 3 members of the HOB were made much bigger based off that performance and now Omega can get back into singles action and the Bucks in the tag division....hopefully for a future restart of a feud with FTR when they get the belts from the Gunns. I am curious what is next for Hangman though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad