All Elite Wrestling #3: It's time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Something that I'm enjoying about AEW...there are real main events. More often than not a WWE main event is just an angle or a match that's really only like 4 minutes long after commercials that ends w/interference.

And to a further extent it's nice to have a wrestling show be primarily about the wrestling, not backstage shenanigans and vignettes of the wrestlers trying to act

The two hours zips by when you have so much in ring action

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't find wrestlers too small if the story is right. Underdog stories are great. I think that was my only issue with how Riho became first AEW champ. They have a weak women's division and she's being booked mega strong. Just tell a story and i'll buy any size.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I finally have wrestling to enjoy once again!!! Loving what I have been seeing so far, backed TNA for a long time but they shit the bed too many times...AEW hopefully has the right mix of wrestlers and story line and not EGOS...

Pentagon and Fenix vs the Young Bucks is what I am hoping to see one day soon...we will see who else jumps over to AEW in the next few months, so far I like the developing who they have instead of trying to bring out ex WWE guy after another each week...

and LOL at Best Friends..those guys crack me up and actually are tight as hell in the ring..those two have a good thing going.

Reactions: CPTN71

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
ill post this here. because it might interest AEW fans and its later.
but Fenix (c) vs Kenny Omega tonight for the AAA Megachampionship.
free on Twitch (show starts at 9pmET)

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I think the big thing with them is their planning out moves.

Looking back the allin vs. Cody time draw was a wtf moment but you add this weeks match with Jericho and suddenly you can see them building up Allin as a guy with all heart (someone said akin to Jeff hardy).

they are slow burning the MJF vs. Cody stuff which will eventually make MJF a huge heel

Scorpio sky who I had never seen before looks like a main event we in the future (idk his mic work) and actually someone I’m surprised the wwe hasn’t tried to poach.

That’s 3 guys that granted its only been 3 weeks but 3 guys that you could see that they have put on a path to being a star. Can you name 3 guys the wwe has that are on the same path?

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
This is my card for "Full Gear" in no order:

Jon Moxley vs. Kenny Omega (No DQ match)
Jericho vs. Cody
Santana Ortiz vs. Young Bucks
Britt Baker vs. Bea Priestly (No DQ match)
Riho vs. Nyla Rose
Jake Hager vs. Hangman Adam Page
Lucha Bros vs. SCU (2 out of 3 falls)
Pac vs. Kip Sabian w/ Penelope Ford (quick win for Pac)

Pre-show
Shawn Spears vs. Joe Janela
Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevara
Allie and Sadie Gibbs vs. Awesome Kong and Brandy
Hikaru Shida vs. Emi Sakura

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Pentagon and Fenix vs the Young Bucks is what I am hoping to see one day soon...

We pretty much just had this at All Out in a ladder match so I doubt we see it again soon.

If you've only just started following since TV started, go find that match it's f***ing ridiculous

Reactions: Disclose
Oct 18, 2011

Jericho is defending his company but it's not comparable, Rey got over wrestling people HIS SIZE first before moving up. Also Marko Stunt looks like a little kid in the ring and it was embarrassing watch two stars like the lucha bro's sell his shit. If you're going to use him, use him as the guy who is like a bumping manager and hits a move when the ref isn't looking.

If Jericho thinks that kid is so over and so good then he should wrestle him, but you know he's not going to do it unless it's a total squash

Oct 18, 2011
I finally have wrestling to enjoy once again!!! Loving what I have been seeing so far, backed TNA for a long time but they **** the bed too many times...AEW hopefully has the right mix of wrestlers and story line and not EGOS...

Pentagon and Fenix vs the Young Bucks is what I am hoping to see one day soon...we will see who else jumps over to AEW in the next few months, so far I like the developing who they have instead of trying to bring out ex WWE guy after another each week...

and LOL at Best Friends..those guys crack me up and actually are tight as hell in the ring..those two have a good thing going.
You should watch the lucha bros/young bucks ladder match from All Out, it's exactly what you think it would be

Reactions: AmericanDream

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

It should be noted while Rey was small he was 5'6, I believe Marco is closer to 5'2. That 4 inches is huge. Also I think the mask helped Rey because without it he would look like a 12 year old

You should watch the lucha bros/young bucks ladder match from All Out, it's exactly what you think it would be

On a side note about the Young Bucks, given that their hairline is receding shouldn't they just be called the bucks?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It should be noted while Rey was small he was 5'6, I believe Marco is closer to 5'2. That 4 inches is huge. Also I think the mask helped Rey because without it he would look like a 12 year old

I've read that Mysterio's real height was 5'2. He certainly wasn't 5'6. Either way, Stunt and Mysterio are completely different in terms of ability. I don't blame Jericho for trying to defend the indefensible though as he's trying to help out his promotion.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

On a side note about the Young Bucks, given that their hairline is receding shouldn't they just be called the bucks?

The Hardy Men!

Reactions: boredmale

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We pretty much just had this at All Out in a ladder match so I doubt we see it again soon.

If you've only just started following since TV started, go find that match it's ****ing ridiculous
been watching whatever I can catch for the past year from them, and other promos like ROH and the new NWA...I definitely did not see that match so I will check it out..thanks

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
I don't get what is happening with the AAA belts. I thought Pentagon and Fenix were tag champs? Where did their belts go. Are they defending the AAA belts in Aew?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't get what is happening with the AAA belts. I thought Pentagon and Fenix were tag champs? Where did their belts go. Are they defending the AAA belts in Aew?

No. After the ladder match at All Out, they said that would be the last time the AAA belts would be appearing, as they want to focus on the AEW Championship, their Women's Championship and the their own Tag Titles.

AAA have a talent agreement, but it doesn't officially include the belts. So those matches don't count towards their W/L records, and the belts they hold elsewhere aren't recognized.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So; this weeks show:

- Jon Moxley vs PAC
- Tag Tournament Semi’s: Private Party vs Lucha Bros
- The Young Bucks vs Best Friends
- Tag Tournament Semi’s: SCU vs Dark Order
- Britt Baker hometown appearance

Another great lineup

SeidoN