All-Decade Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I want to find out which players deserve to be placed on an all-time team from every decade, starting from the 60's up until the 90's.
It may be tough to determine what era some players may belong in... so I'll leave that up to you, the poster, to determine that criteria. A player who played a majority of his career during the 80's and the last couple of years in the 90's could be slotted as an 80's era player.
Or if a player enjoyed his most successful and productive seasons during a certain time period, he will belong in the team that represents that era. So Wayne Gretzky for example would be representing the 80's era NHL All-Stars.

Agree or disagree with anyone's list, I just want to see what you think and your rosters, so let's try to cut down on the arguements (I don't want any flame wars!). So with that, I will start with my roster of 20 players (18 skaters and 2 goalies) to represent the 90's and the 80's.

'90s Era NHL All-Stars​
Robitaille-Sakic-Hull
Mogilny-Fedorov-Bure
Shanahan-Lindros-Jagr
Fleury-Roenick-Selanne

Lidstrom-Leetch
Stevens-Blake
Chelios-MacInnis

Hasek-Richter​

'80s Era NHL All-Stars​
Messier-Gretzky-Kurri
Hawerchuk-Lemieux-Bossy
Gartner-Yzerman-Neely
Goulet-D.Savard-Tocchet

Bourque-Coffey
Housley-Potvin
D.Wilson-L.Murphy

Roy-Fuhr​

It certainly isn't easy to come up with these rosters as a lot of great names are to be left out, but I made up my list judged by the production and excitement these players brought onto the ice. I am also aware some players positions in my lineups are off with wingers playing the wrong side or centers playing on wing; I had to place these names on a roster full of stars, so I'm sure you will understand why the lines appear the way they do.
Later on I will try to come up with 20-man rosters for 60's and 70's era All-Stars. 'Til then, please be open to post your 20-man rosters of 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's era All-Stars.

monkey_00*

Ziggy Stardust.................

It would be very interesting to see what the teams from the early years (1920s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s) would look like........even though those teams would be no match for the teams from the 1980s onwards.

Cheers!

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
heatly naslund bertuzzi
kozolov forsberg sundin
sakic lemieux jagr
thorton fedorov iginla

blake leetch
lidstrom MacInnis
stevens Pronger

Belfour Roy

'90s Era NHL All-Stars

Robitaille-Sakic-Hull
Mogilny-Fedorov-Bure
Shanahan-Gretzky-Jagr
Fleury-Lemieux-Francis

Lidstrom-Leetch
Stevens-Blake
Chelios-MacInnis

Hasek-Belfour

'80s Era NHL All-Stars

Messier-Gretzky-Kurri
Hawerchuk-Lemieux-Bossy
Gartner-Yzerman-Neely
Goulet-Stastny-Middleton

Bourque-Coffey
Housley-Potvin
D.Wilson-L.Murphy

Roy-Fuhr

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Sorry, no flame war intended, but in terms of production and excitement, how about some more league MVPs!!!

No Chris Pronger for the nineties? (was Blake better over the decade?)

Patrick Roy for the eighties not nineties? (me think you just wanna give Richter room)

Yzerman for the eighties and not nineties? (come on, Stevie OWNED the mid-nineties in many ways, and don't you dare cite scoring stats!!)

Lindros over, say, Forsberg, or Modano ??? (after being drafted 1st overall in the late eighties, young Mike led the North Stars to the finals in the nineties and received many Selke votes late in the decade - was solid throughout the decade)

No Dino Ciccarelli ?

Mogilny as a left winger?

.........I guess this means I should make up my own alternative line-ups, eh? ;)

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
I don't think Richter won a damn thing in the 90's, except for one Stanley Cup and a trip to the minors. Even Tom Barasso was better. Roy did a hell of a lot more, and should be there.

Petr Stastny was the #2 scorer in the 80's behind Wayne, he definitely deserves a spot on the 80's team.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Stastny Pimping Warning

Damn straight he should be there. #2 in scoring during the 80's as was pointed out, and is one of two players in history to have scored 1000 points in a decade. If he doesn't make an 80's team, (say it with me again: 1000 points during that span) than his spot better have been taken by Jesus.

End Stastny Pimping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad