Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hey guys. I'm an Avs fan. Dom seems to be a very highly respected guy on here. One of our mod's who I'd consider a friend of mind at this point has told me that he respects Dom very much which leads me to respect him as well.

In saying that, I've never had the opportunity to speak with him myself so I'm curious. Is it possible he would take all this speculation and make that tweet because it's a shot to call a trade before it happens. Or is it more likely he 100% truthful when he says a former NHL coach has said that?

I'm guessing it's the latter but wanted to see what you guys think first.

Dom is 110% legit and doesn`t post just to post. Doesn`t mean everything he has heard winds up the way he initially heard it but he isn`t just a fan. He`s a very well respected/regarded poster and has some very good connections both in the OHL and NHL from all I have heard, attends and watches a ton of Junior hockey in the OHL too.

Now, if you hear/read stuff from me.....ignore it:nod:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If a trade goes down with Colorado, I'm calling this:

To Colorado
Zboril
JFK
2017 1st
Colin Miller

To Boston
Landeskog
2017 3rd

No way I trade JFK or Colin and the first round pick has to be at least top 10 protected. I would trade any 2 or 3 of the following prospects: Zboril, Grezylcyk, O'Gara, Arnesson, Johansson, Fitzgerald, Donato, Sherman, Heinen, Subban, McIntyre as well I would include Senyshen in the right deal. Untouchables: JFK, DeBrusk,Cehlarik, McAvoy. Also I would try to resign Spooner, looks good in the system played now. If we can't get the right deal done then just stay the course and maybe add a player that would cost less to get.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
In all fairness, he played all of 52 games in the WHL last year...he's already played 58 games for Boston this year. Not only is he a rookie, but his body isn't conditioned for an 82 game season. It was expected that he'd hit a wall a some point.

Totally agree, just saying we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves with him. If they can get a similar but more established talent (and shore up the defense - which losing him might not create as big a hole as we thought) I wouldn't be opposed.

Would love to get Zadorov, maybe his RFA contract coming up would get a conversation going? please. .. .

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This team is a textbook stand pat team. The only way I'm trading is with expansion on my mind. Anything else is forced at this point.

I'd move Liles just to create a roster spot (+ recoup a pick but mostly for roster space). You have enough D depth at LD to sustain an injury between Morrow, O'Gara, and Gryz. Although I could be wrong, but don't roster size limits go away post-deadline, so it might be a moot point. In that case maybe you keep him for depth rather than try and get a 5th rounder back.

Moore you could get a pick for but I'd just as soon keep him than deal him for a 4th rounder.

If you can find a sucker for Belesky and Hayes than move on it, but I have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Otherwise, let it ride.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Now that Cehlarik is showing he can play and has good chemistry on the Krejci line, I don't see the need to trade 3 or 4 top assets for Landeskog, I think Cehlarik actually plays a similar game and we have him on ELC. If we can get Duchene at the right price that would be something Maybe I consider, provided that McAvoy, DeBrusk, Cehlarik and JFK are not involved. I also only deal Carlo if and a big if we have a deal for a good young D in another deal Trouba, Fowler, Parayko type.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
Hey guys. I'm an Avs fan. Dom seems to be a very highly respected guy on here. One of our mod's who I'd consider a friend of mind at this point has told me that he respects Dom very much which leads me to respect him as well.

In saying that, I've never had the opportunity to speak with him myself so I'm curious. Is it possible he would take all this speculation and make that tweet because it's a shot to call a trade before it happens. Or is it more likely he 100% truthful when he says a former NHL coach has said that?

I'm guessing it's the latter but wanted to see what you guys think first.

Already mentioned in other posts - but Dom is absolutely a straight shooter...

From everything I've seen, he would rather NOT post something, than post something inaccurately. And will VERY frequently shy away from posting "inside information" if it means compromising his integrity or his resources' trust.

He is the anti-Eck.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Dom is 110% legit and doesn`t post just to post. Doesn`t mean everything he has heard winds up the way he initially heard it but he isn`t just a fan. He`s a very well respected/regarded poster and has some very good connections both in the OHL and NHL from all I have heard, attends and watches a ton of Junior hockey in the OHL too.

Now, if you hear/read stuff from me.....ignore it:nod:

Hahaha

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Now that Cehlarik is showing he can play and has good chemistry on the Krejci line, I don't see the need to trade 3 or 4 top assets for Landeskog, I think Cehlarik actually plays a similar game and we have him on ELC. If we can get Duchene at the right price that would be something Maybe I consider, provided that McAvoy, DeBrusk, Cehlarik and JFK are not involved. I also only deal Carlo if and a big if we have a deal for a good young D in another deal Trouba, Fowler, Parayko type.

Even if Cehlarik shuts down, the jump from Beleskey -> Landeskog isn't as big or as important as the one we'd make from McQuaid -> ??? using the same exact assets. If it's a matter of current availability, then wait. I know people want deals, but not the wrong ones.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd move Liles just to create a roster spot (+ recoup a pick but mostly for roster space). You have enough D depth at LD to sustain an injury between Morrow, O'Gara, and Gryz. Although I could be wrong, but don't roster size limits go away post-deadline, so it might be a moot point. In that case maybe you keep him for depth rather than try and get a 5th rounder back.

Moore you could get a pick for but I'd just as soon keep him than deal him for a 4th rounder.

If you can find a sucker for Belesky and Hayes than move on it, but I have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Otherwise, let it ride.

I could see Sakic pricing himself out of a deal to be honest.

I don`t know what Sakic wants in return or what he feels his team needs but right now, it appears nothing is working for the Avs and IMO, he`s not exactly in the position to be calling the shots is he? I don`t think so.

B`s have a nicely stocked cupboard of prospects, I don`t think I`d even listen to a call involving McAvoy and Carlo, very hesitant to move JFK with what I`ve read about him and limited viewings BUT......for the right return, I`d move him, can`t get quality for free but I want no part of moving Carlo and what could potentially be another gem in McAvoy, those D-men just don`t grow on trees

Like you, I`m ok with riding things out to a degree, if there is anyone who would take Hayes off their hands I do it, and I`d love to see the B`s get that 3rd round pick back and wondering if Moore is a guy who could do it for them? He`s a vet, loads of playoff experience, solid locker room guy from all accounts

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Even if Cehlarik shuts down, the jump from Beleskey -> Landeskog isn't as big or as important as the one we'd make from McQuaid -> ??? using the same exact assets. If it's a matter of current availability, then wait. I know people want deals, but not the wrong ones.

Agree and I am not that big on Landeskog anyway, I mean sure if you can get him in a no brainer type deal then yes do it, but I would not trade 3 or 4 top assets for him. There are other players I would rather try to get for say guys like Zboril, Grizz and Heinen.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I could see Sakic pricing himself out of a deal to be honest.

I don`t know what Sakic wants in return or what he feels his team needs but right now, it appears nothing is working for the Avs and IMO, he`s not exactly in the position to be calling the shots is he? I don`t think so.

B`s have a nicely stocked cupboard of prospects, I don`t think I`d even listen to a call involving McAvoy and Carlo, very hesitant to move JFK with what I`ve read about him and limited viewings BUT......for the right return, I`d move him, can`t get quality for free but I want no part of moving Carlo and what could potentially be another gem in McAvoy, those D-men just don`t grow on trees

I'm with, dead set against any deal with Colorado involving either of these two unless the name coming back is MacKinnon.

You don't include either of these guys for a UFA in 2 seasons Duchene.

And you don't do it for Landeskog with the sheer depth in left-shot forwards this team already has up and down the organization unless your sending a couple of them back the other way. Even then the deal shouldn't include Carlo or McAvoy.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I'm with, dead set against any deal with Colorado involving either of these two unless the name coming back is MacKinnon.

And you don't do it for Landeskog with the sheer depth in left-shot forwards this team already has up and down the organization unless your sending a couple of them back the other way. Even then the deal shouldn't include Carlo or McAvoy.

How I feel too, the only player on the Avs I would Carlo for is McKinnon, even then we need to have another deal in place for a good young D.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I don't even think they can trade for a dman frankly. Chara/Krug have to be protected. I think Chiller has to be at that $. You bring one more over and that's all she wrote.

If you wanna get this miracle top 3 guy, do it post expansion. And it's probably getting close to that with the F's if some of these young ones are looking like winners.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I just don't get why we would choose to cash in assets on a forward. Our forwards are good now and there are even more on their way. On D, we still have McQuaid on the second pair today and don't have a clear replacement for Chara as a top 2 LD.

IMO this is our biggest organizational need in the next couple years.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Already mentioned in other posts - but Dom is absolutely a straight shooter...

From everything I've seen, he would rather NOT post something, than post something inaccurately. And will VERY frequently shy away from posting "inside information" if it means compromising his integrity or his resources' trust.

He is the anti-Eck.

I trust you guys, and Dom. As I said, a friend of mine vouches for him all the time and I think they have a pretty good relationship.

More than anything I'm kinda just hoping for a way out of this. I'm scared the deal is for Landeskog and I just don't want to see him go. As an Avs fan it hurts. He fills a position of need, is tremendous in the defensive zone, is young and can score at will. He's a great captain and a tremendous guy. I'll be hurt if he's traded.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I don't see them being that hot for JFK. Even if they deal Duchene, they have MacKinnon and are expected to draft Patrick or Hischier, and have Soderberg signed for four more years...

The reason I say JFK is that Sakic is scouting tonight's Beanpot game with BU and Harvard. There isn't any way Sweeney is trading McAvoy. I just don't buy that. JFK is the only other legitimate piece in that game.

Also, they might be projecting JFK as a great future 3rd line center. They are probably looking to dump Soderberg asap, and may expose him to Vegas.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

won`t get an argument from me. I wonder what kind of price/ask Cheveldayoff would now listen to for Trouba who, once this current deal is done, is most likely going to want to get outta dodge again?

I still don`t part with CM or Carlo but...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The reason I say JFK is that Sakic is scouting tonight's Beanpot game with BU and Harvard. There isn't any way Sweeney is trading McAvoy. I just don't buy that. JFK is the only other legitimate piece in that game.

Also, they might be projecting JFK as a great future 3rd line center. They are probably looking to dump Soderberg asap, and may expose him to Vegas.

I`m not sure even Vegas would take him:laugh:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I don't even think they can trade for a dman frankly. Chara/Krug have to be protected. I think Chiller has to be at that $. You bring one more over and that's all she wrote.

If you wanna get this miracle top 3 guy, do it post expansion. And it's probably getting close to that with the F's if some of these young ones are looking like winners.

I have been saying that all along.Then other day was told Colin Miller is nothing but a 4 or 5 bottom D man.I see something special in his game start ing to cone oUT the lat whike. . People can laugh but I think Sweeney might have found a gem there .

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I have been saying that all along.Then other day was told Colin Miller is nothing but a 4 or 5 bottom D man.I see something special in his game. People can laugh but I think Sweeney might have found a gem there .

If he's a #4 getting paid 1M per, you rub oil on your bewbs (guy or girl) and rock yourself to sleep with a smile on your face. That's how you win cups. Because lots of teams have #4's getting paid 4m and that's only going up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad