Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
This is what I mean when I say stupid trades. So basically we unload all our crap contracts and pick up there top players? Ya sounds great! If we get Landeskog kiss Carlo goodbye. That's the only way it happens. Plet

Color ado sends

Landeskog
Barrie

Bos Sends

Carlo
2017 1st
Spooner

There is your trade

LOL. Dude - the Chara, Krejci, Hayes package was embarrassing, but you didn't exactly thorough a perfect spiral either. Why do COL trade a top-6 and top pairing offensive defenseman for a potential top 2 defender, a fringe 3rd line C/W and a pick in a poor NHL draft?

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Sweeney has yet to make a hockey trade in two years. I'm nervous to find out how good/bad he is at it... If he thinks that is a good idea to give both McQuaid and K.Miller 4y deals, then his player evaluation is not very good. Doesn't bode well for his talent evaluation and what it's worth...

Huh? :huh:

You can argue whether he's made good trades or bad ones, but he's definitely made a few trades.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Here's the answer...
Trump's inauguration. EVERYTHING is going to be about it. A hockey trade won't even make a bleep in the media, even a possible big/controversial one.

What is wrong with the world today??!!

Speaking only for myself, a hockey trade is MUCH more newsworthy than a presidential inauguration! :nod:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Oh ****!

I don't know what to think!

Me either! If they moved Carlo 1-1 for Landeskog, I wouldn't hate it. I really like Landeskog the player, and I really like Carlo so far. Landy under contract for 3+ more years at a nice price is a sweetener. He definitely would not be a rental, or an aging star who we would be expecting to lift us over the playoff hump. He would be a vital player in the "retool" we are undergoing. I can't not like it. Yet, Carlo, as I've said all along, is more valuable to us under the circumstances than GL would be.

Going forward into next season, if another deal for a top 4 d-man is made, or one or more of our D prospects pan out at a quality level, then the trade looks very, very good for me. There are enough "ifs" in that scenario, though, to make it tough!

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
This is what I mean when I say stupid trades. So basically we unload all our crap contracts and pick up there top players? Ya sounds great! If we get Landeskog kiss Carlo goodbye. That's the only way it happens. Plet

Color ado sends

Landeskog
Barrie

Bos Sends

Carlo
2017 1st
Spooner

There is your trade

Pot, meet kettle

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I have been against a deal for Landeskog including Carlo for awhile. The main reason being the $ contracts. I don't think landeskog's contract is too rich, but I think Carlo is heck of a value for the next 2 years, and even on a bridge deal after that he should only be a few million. That's why it hurts to lose him and take on Landy and his 6M contract...in a cap world you need folks on entry level deals to succeed.

So here's my compromise. Carlo, draft pick, and mid tier prospect for Landeskog with Avs retaining 2 million per year. Not because Landy's cap hit is too high but because Carlo's is so damn low! It would still really hurt to lose carlo, but id be on board with a deal like that. Then Bruins could use that extra 2M to find Carlo's replacement too

What if Beleksey is going back in the deal?

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
Does anyone have any real sources that this is even a legit rumor. Seems like something Joe Haggerty just cooked up. This rumor is getting no national attention.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Does anyone have any real sources that this is even a legit rumor. Seems like something Joe Haggerty just cooked up. This rumor is getting no national attention.

****. Really? The national media isn't focusing on a trade between Colorado and Boston for Landeskog and Carlo?

I don't think I believe you.

(Yes, it has real legs, coming from multiple sources including hockey people on this forum that are credible and established.)

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Carlo, Spooner, Beleskey, DeBrusk, Boston 1st

for

Landeskog and Eric Johnson

That's my offer. Basically works out to GL for Carlo and Debrusk, EJ for Spooner, Beleskey and a 1st.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
****. Really? The national media isn't focusing on a trade between Colorado and Boston for Landeskog and Carlo?

(Yes, it has real legs, coming from multiple sources including hockey people on this forum that are credible and established.)

I think an avid reporter is the one that brought it back to life yesterday and from what I've read he's trustworthy.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015

Just checked, CNN has nothing on this story...

If spooner is moved for a LEGIT top 4 d man at the deadline, then I am ok with Carlo for GL.

I'd rather use spooners money/charas cap drop on Pasta/reupping the D man we got in a spooner trade.

Lose Belesky (wasnt a good idea to sign him in the first place) to expansion, theres even more money.

They need to start contacting these teams who are stacked on defense and are in danger of losing them to expansion.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Just checked, CNN has nothing on this story...

If spooner is moved for a LEGIT top 4 d man at the deadline, then I am ok with Carlo for GL.

I'd rather use spooners money/charas cap drop on Pasta/reupping the D man we got in a spooner trade.

Lose Belesky (wasnt a good idea to sign him in the first place) to expansion, theres even more money.

They need to start contacting these teams who are stacked on defense and are in danger of losing them to expansion.

Spooner is not going to net us a top 4 d-man if he is the centerpiece or only piece of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad