Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
1. Don't think the bruins trade Moore / good deal for them
2. Yes / better options in Providence
3. He needs some more grooming
4. Agreed
5. Don't see how this helps team - Heinen is good. He isn't the only one that isn't performing
6. Dump Backes in trade
Heinen is OK.

Reactions: kdog82

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Two big issues, we need a shooter/scorer and some size and toughness on RW. My take is Anderson and Palmieri replacing Heinen and Ritchie

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Palmieri - Krech - Bjork (either winger can play both sides)
DeBrusk - Coyle - Anderson (Jake and Krech have no chemistry)
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

Just a thought but something around this, depends what the other team really wants and values. I know we would love to get rid of certain guys but do the other teams actually need them.

Get Palmieri for Heinen and Zboril (not sure if that is enough)
Get Josh Anderson for Cehlarik and Moore if they need a deeman for Werenski.

If they want more include prospects or picks, we can afford that.
If we can pull that off I would be very happy. :)

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
6585777695_24c8f1e188_b.jpg

This is David Krejci on Christmas hoping he gets a 2nd line winger.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
To expand on Krejci and his most common even strength linemates over the years

13/14 Iginla and Lucic Last year where IMO both his linemates are good. And it was actually a consistent line throughout the year

14/15 Seth Griffith and Lucic

15/16 Erikssson/Pasta/Beleskey

16/17 Backes/Spooner/Stafford LMAO

17/18 Spooner/Debrusk

18/19 Literally 4 different line combos that are almost equal % of ice time. Pasta/Marchand Debrusk/Heinen Nordstrom/Cehlarik

Guy should be suing the Bruins for lack of support.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I really don't see Debrusk as a high end scoring threat that some of the posters here do.
He will be similar to Mike Hoffman statistically

25-34 goals 60+ points per season age 24-33

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Given AA is on a TERRIBLE second line that includes Fillpula and Glendening. Two guys who wouldn't even make the Bruins... His stat line doesn't explain how dynamic this guy actually is.

It's clear that the Bruins could use some more secondary scoring and really secure a spot in the finals and the Wings need futures. AA's an RFA and a 30 goal scorer last year.

Dynamic implies multi-dimensional. While Athanasiou's skating ability is dynamic, his overall game is anything but that. His lack of commitment to defense and battling for pucks, has led to a gaping negative +/- with horrible possession stats to go along with it...this despite a career OZ start rate of around 60%.

Whoever the bruins trade for, I think it is clear that their target needs to be a winner who competes all over the ice. What's the point of picking up a guy who pots a goal every third game but is on the ice for 3 goals against in that same span. This Bruins team is not SO GOOD that they can afford to babysit Athanasiou for 15 minutes a night.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
1. Even if you like the player, it's a bad deal on the basis of you shouldn't be paying 2.75 for the next four years for a 7th defenseman. Moore is the most expendable and replaceable asset they could part with to free up cap space. But that presumes that other teams would actually want him and his contract, especially with most teams being very close to the cap.
Moore is a 7th player?

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Moore is a 7th player?

Is that controversial? Even if you think Moore is better than a bottom pairing defenseman, on *this* team he absolutely isn't. He's getting rotated in for Clifton because he's not beating out Grz or Krug or Chara. He's the 4th LHD on the depth chart. Even if he were healthy to start the year he's not beating out any of those three other guys for a full-time role so I don't see how you can see him as anything but a 7th d.

Reactions: Lo97 and Samsonov

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Depending on how Clifton continues to look and Vaak's development (not to mention Zboril and Lauzon) then yeah, probably. Right now? He's a 6 1/2 :laugh:
Clifton is already better and if Vaak were actually on the roster he'd be better than Moore too but those are different arguments for another day.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Clifton is already better and if Vaak were actually on the roster he'd be better than Moore too but those are different arguments for another day.

I would always rather see Cliffy out there than Moore, but he's still struggling with consistency and learning the NHL game, so in that sense I can see how Moore might be a better option on some nights. For now, but assuming Cliffy doesn't fall off a Cliffy, by next season, Moore is 7, and Vaak, well I tend to agree, but haven't seen enough of him over a long stretch to know if he's there just yet. If so, then Moore is 8, and either way, 6.5, 7, 8, that should be getting Kampfer money, not 2.5 per.

Reactions: maxl7

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I would always rather see Cliffy out there than Moore, but he's still struggling with consistency and learning the NHL game, so in that sense I can see how Moore might be a better option on some nights. For now, but assuming Cliffy doesn't fall off a Cliffy, by next season, Moore is 7, and Vaak, well I tend to agree, but haven't seen enough of him over a long stretch to know if he's there just yet. If so, then Moore is 8, and either way, 6.5, 7, 8, that should be getting Kampfer money, not 2.5 per.

Exactly, thats why I was trying to keep it off of Moore as a player and more about the realities of his pay versus his best-case scenario role on this team

Reactions: Dr Hook

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
why would Detroit acquire Backes, read the proposed trade, that's like trading Lidstrom, or insert Red Wing legend X into said proposal

I got to say... theres a rather fundamental difference between acquiring an overpriced contract while in the middle of a rebuild compared to trading away your core mvp player in the middle of a cup run.

I know English isnt your first language and we should all have a little paitence if you occasionally mix up some ideas due to that fact but in this case I have to say you just are very wrong.

now... as to the idea that backes would accept a deal to Detroit? I tend to think Detroit would be on his no move list. its a rather depressing city compared to others and theres zero chance to have fun there the next couple years on that team.

backes might decide to retire next year... its possible we might have to play some hardball with him. I hope it doesnt come to that, but there is a point where players have 'enough' money. there is a point where health and pride kick in.

maybe backes hangs around long enough to collect his bonus money and then retires from his final year of his contract... goes out a hero... team tells him they will play him down the stretch this year so he can go out still contributing?

if not... then I will expect backes and some asset just get traded next summer when we need the room. we dont need it this year.

we are cap compliant even with moore/miller... and I am quite sure one of those 2 is being moved to free up some wiggle room. unless we are after a huge fish like hall, our cap is ok for the remainder of this season

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I would trade Debrusk (and have proposed this in earlier posts) if a top-six right-shot RW were coming the other way. Bjork is as talented as Debrusk IMHO.

Plenty of players have loads of talent but can't get it translated into points. I like Bjork as much as the next guy, but in a few months we'd just be complaining we need a #2 LW instead of RW.

Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Plenty of players have loads of talent but can't get it translated into points. I like Bjork as much as the next guy, but in a few months we'd just be complaining we need a #2 LW instead of RW.

Pretty much my thoughts on trading DeBrusk for a 2nd line RW. Instead of dealing DeBrusk for that, acquire a guy who could complete the line and maybe you get more out of DeBrusk? He's shown he's capable of scoring in this league (both goals and assists). He struggles with consistency but I think having an actual linemate that isn't a 4th liner like Ritchie could help.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
He scores 27 goals last year and is on pace to score 20 this year. What exactly do you think you're getting for DeBrusk?

question wasnt to me... but its been over a week since the last time I ran out my own idea here...

if jersey gives us permission to talk to hall... and if hall agrees to an extension with us somewhere in the kucherov/seguin area... I offer debrusk to jersey so I can be the winning bidder and I land us hall {getting them to regain 1/2 his hit this year so that we can afford to make it happen}

id actually step up and make the bid big enough to get miles wood too. throw in a first and some prospect we can live without {maybe kuhlman if we suddenly have wood/Bjork to occupy those 3rd line spots}

pastrnak/krejci/marchand
heinen/Bergeron/hall
Bjork/coyle/wood

then... looking ahead to next year... in order to afford halls new deal, we trade away krejci to recoup the pick/prospect we give up this year to land hall/wood

we still have 2 amazing lines next year... get a much cheaper center for pastrnak/marchand… they are still great. and I think a playmaker like hall would keep Bergeron humming right along. I also think senyshyn would look pretty good on the opposite wing of a high flyer like hall.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Pretty much my thoughts on trading DeBrusk for a 2nd line RW. Instead of dealing DeBrusk for that, acquire a guy who could complete the line and maybe you get more out of DeBrusk? He's shown he's capable of scoring in this league (both goals and assists). He struggles with consistency but I think having an actual linemate that isn't a 4th liner like Ritchie could help.

Ideally we'd prefer to have Backes 6 million allocated to an actual top 6 RW. And you'd have another Debrusk level prospect from the 2015 draft that is battling with him to get the #2 LW spot. But it is what it is.

And as is hes the best #2 LW we have and we should be trying to build on that.

Reactions: Lo97

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Is that controversial? Even if you think Moore is better than a bottom pairing defenseman, on *this* team he absolutely isn't. He's getting rotated in for Clifton because he's not beating out Grz or Krug or Chara. He's the 4th LHD on the depth chart. Even if he were healthy to start the year he's not beating out any of those three other guys for a full-time role so I don't see how you can see him as anything but a 7th d.

im not disputing who’s the better player. All good.
he’s a team friendly contract and a guy that can play top 4. Hard to find. It’s a great value contact. If he’s traded it’s because he’s good and the value is good. I would keep him knowing cap issues are always looming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad