Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XIX: I Don't Want to Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Zero. And he did put together a good team as long as they remained completely healthy (no depth again), then didn't replace his #3.

Lou, remember, Chiarelli gets credit when the players he put together have a great season, but he doesn't get blame when the players he put together **** the bad to a team they were much better than.

Because ........................everything is awesome?

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Lou, remember, Chiarelli gets credit when the players he put together have a great season, but he doesn't get blame when the players he put together **** the bad to a team they were much better than.

Because ........................everything is awesome?

If they were the better team, then who else but the players (and coaches) should shoulder the blame?

Ya ya, Meszaros, even without Seids the B's still had the better roster. The players got dummied by Brandon Prust and Dale ****ing Weise.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If they were the better team, then who else but the players (and coaches) should shoulder the blame?

Ya ya, Meszaros, even without Seids the B's still had the better roster. The players got dummied by Brandon Prust and Dale ****ing Weise.

Please explain how he gets credit when his players do well but not when they do poorly.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Loss vs rival Habs. Loss vs former franchise cornerstone Seguin. Loss vs much despised Canucks. Up 3-0 vs Flames & collapse.....there is something really wrong with this team.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
So you give the credit to Chiarelli when the team plays well but when they lose it's "Chiarelli wasn't on the ice"?

This is a business of what have you done for me lately. And Chia has handcuffed this team and it's going to take a miracle like reversing the past 2 years for him to ever look good in Boston again.

I think he's implying that Chia has put together a team that has shown that it CAN BE a good - in fact exceptional - team..

And yes - I'm including a President's Trophy... You don't make 2 SC Finals and win a President's Trophy without being a truly exceptional team.

Now... As I said in an earlier thread - That's NOT to say that he isn't completely blameless in this fiasco... There's dead weight that should be gone that is still around. There was certainly a matter of replacing players that didn't get done.

But to place ALL the blame on him (which is what a number of people around here seem to do) is ludicrous... Virtually EVERY player on the team has simultaneously decided to have themselves an "off-season". Was he supposed to foresee that and trade LITERALLY (not figuratively - actually "literally") every player on the team?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
haha Everyone pretty well an idea including me but the truth is we do not have a clue what will happen.I saw Harry Sinden survive along time in Boston just making playoffs.

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
What are the odds that all of the players have simultaneously decided to have poor production versus the current structure of this roster and the loss of skill and depth has negatively impacted the production since no line has found a good fit or been consistently dominant......

One of those seems more believable than the other. One of those is the fault of management.......

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Loss vs rival Habs. Loss vs former franchise cornerstone Seguin. Loss vs much despised Canucks. Up 3-0 vs Flames & collapse.....there is something really wrong with this team.

Well put, playing against the teams you hate the most and the games that you thought the Bruins would get up for.

I don't even know what to say other that I am very disappointed in you Boston Bruins.

Put Pastrnak back on the 1st and Eriksson back on the 3rd.

Put Smith on the 4th or the bench, and dip into Providence to get some young legs and/or speed into this lineup.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Well put, playing against the teams you hate the most and the games that you thought the Bruins would get up for.

I don't even know what to say other that I am very disappointed in you Boston Bruins.

Put Smith on the 4th or the bench, and dip into Providence to get some young legs and/or speed into this lineup.

What the **** for? So Eriksson can waste away? It's the absolute opposite of what should happen.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Sell. I don't mean blow this team up but look to trade guys you don't think should be on this team next season. I'm looking at Soderberg, Seidenberg, Smith, Paille, Campbell, and maybe Eriksson. Fill those roles with guys from Providence or players you got back in return for trading them. Then assess if you need to make bigger moves in the offseason involving players part of the core. I don't want any band-aids. Please to God no Stewart type deals.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Zidlicky is a guy Chiarelli should take a serious waiver on. If we can acquire him at 50% retained, he'd help the mobility on the backend a lot. Steve Bernier wouldn't be a bad option as a depth piece, only making 600K.

I'm praying Campbell is moved. What is the use for him when Cunningham is normally taking the faceoffs in the defensive zone? Pointless money being wasted.

All in all, I see Chiarelli acquiring Stewart and Zidlicky/Michalek. Subtracting Bartkowski and Campbell (Hopefully, but probably not). Both 2nds most likely moved as well.

Lucic-Krejci-Stewart
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Smith-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Campbell-Cunningham

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Zidlicky
Krug-McQuaid

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Funny because I was reading through the Calgary game thread to see how teams we dont face/see often, react to our team.

Combing through everything and I remember many Calgary fans saying: Where is glencross? guy should be benched! Has disappeared entirely this year. So you are right, he would fit in with this current Bruins group lol.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I've been a fan of acquiring Glencross for a while now. While I feel this roster needs more skill, it seems as if the team is married to Clode's system....& Glencross is a perfect fit. Physical fearless grinding net front presence. I see him as Mark Recchi finding the fountain of youth.

Only available if Calgary falls out of playoff race. Last night didn't help the cause.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

Seems obvious to most of us that Pasta was at his best with Krejci and Eriksson with Soda. I also think it's time to inject some youth into the lineup. With the miserable seasons Campbell & Paille are having, I think you could waive them and bring up some young guys. Put Kelly and Smith on the 4th and bring Griffith back up (he's been a PPG player in Providence and has more points than Campbell and Paille in half the games) along with a grinder like Florek or Randell.

Marchand-Bergeron-Griffith
Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Florek-Soda-Eriksson
Smith-Kelly-Cunningham

Wealth is spread around a little bit; and you get to see what you have with your youngsters. Guys are never going to flourish wasting away in Providence. Clode can still move Smith & Kelly up in the last period if he wants experience on the ice.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Sounds like Kassian talk heating up again. They dressed and showcased him and he did well.

Now, would you take Kassian and Matthias for Eriksson and Bartkowski?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Seems obvious to most of us that Pasta was at his best with Krejci and Eriksson with Soda. I also think it's time to inject some youth into the lineup. With the miserable seasons Campbell & Paille are having, I think you could waive them and bring up some young guys. Put Kelly and Smith on the 4th and bring Griffith back up (he's been a PPG player in Providence and has more points than Campbell and Paille in half the games) along with a grinder like Florek or Randell.

Marchand-Bergeron-Griffith
Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Florek-Soda-Eriksson
Smith-Kelly-Cunningham

Wealth is spread around a little bit; and you get to see what you have with your youngsters. Guys are never going to flourish wasting away in Providence. Clode can still move Smith & Kelly up in the last period if he wants experience on the ice.

Open your eyes,that lineup gives you more underperformance. I don't know why I bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad