Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan

Aug 2, 2005
This is how I’d feel if a Devils fan - he’s 29 and going to be a RFA after next year

I still think he’s a Bruins by 3 Monday
I hope you're right because aside from a pick up of him or Kreider, regardless of what Sweeney says the pickup of Kase and another lower tier forward doesn't scream "in it to win it" to me.

Reactions: Strafer

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
This is how I’d feel if a Devils fan - he’s 29 and going to be a RFA after next year

I still think he’s a Bruins by 3 Monday
I'm sure that was a typo but just to avoid confusion he will be an UFA after next season.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I'm honestly not sure. I just like the kid and his gumption. I like all of the D but I just feel like he is unique compared to the others. And I've seen him follow up on offensive rushes where Gryz has wilted. Same with Clifton and his offensive prowess. We have 2 guys that are not that big on the left after Chara, and we have 2 guys on the right who are plenty big. I guess if the RW is a physical presence who can score they're fine. Even if they get Palmieri (I'm not holding my breath but I think they will) I want a guy who can be the hammer rather than the nail. Earlier today there was talk of Khaira whom I would love to see here in some capacity. The B's definitely need that kind of punch-back to make other teams defenses look over their should in haste. Nobody likes being pounded into the glass. Take it from someone who was the nail all to often.
EDIT: After reading what I wrote about Clifton, I guess he is somewhat comparable to Lauzon, so I stand corrected!
Out of the many names mentioned, it is Lauzon I do not want traded. He is a unique, old-school style Boston Bruin who may retire a Boston Bruin if the Bruins feel the same... I see a long career as a Bruin with him.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Okay, so help me out here Dom. The 23-man roster limit expires at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday. After that it doesn't matter, so why would the Bruins not keep Clifton and Kase on IR where they both currently sit until then? After today, there is no game till Tuesday night.

If say Jumbo comes in for a pick, okay, space would be needed for a day, but otherwise we are talking about a RW that presumably sees a roster player go the other way.
There are rules they need to follow.

For example, i haven't looked but how long has Clifton been on his conditioning stint? He is only allowed on it for so long.

Look, easiest thing for me to say is that a team can't just do what hey want. There are no easy loopholes

Bruin4ever

Feb 17, 2020
Trade Heinen. I don't really care for what. Great rookie year & has fallen off a cliff since then. If he's still on this team for playoffs, he will sit. He has been awful.
Heinen has no extra gear, no passion in his play. He just never has that game where you go “wow” that’s what he can do. I agree it’s time for him to move on. Many have said no to 40 year old Jumbo Joe for one more run but I bet you he’d give you that extra gear and passion come game 1 of the first round.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Well, this thread has gone silent. No doubt from the exhaustion of watching the massacre in Vancouver. Fear not fellow B's fans, they'll be back better than ever and Don Sweeney KNOWS what he has to do!

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
this game cant possibly have any effect at all on the long term serious trade plans and team building for this club

it was emotionless for the most part.. tired... and just unlucky in some ways... but this is the first place team for a reason and this game was an oddity

that said... we still have st louis/Washington in our path. tampa… they are like us... whoever got better goaltending is likely coming out of that series. we cant really do much to stack up against tampa. its a pickem imo… health and goaltending and officiating

but Washington/stlouis have a very real potential to hurt us... to injure us... and in 7 game series could intimidate us

if chara got another broken jaw he cant protect us all by himself

spend the prospects... get Borowiecki here... get Simmonds here... even consider thornton. hes not a fighter but hes too big to be intimidated.

we got disposable prospects. this is a cup contending team... get us some depth with size.

Heinen/Nordstrom can go to make room... unnecessary parts now

Reactions: Bruin4ever

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
this game cant possibly have any effect at all on the long term serious trade plans and team building for this club

it was emotionless for the most part.. tired... and just unlucky in some ways... but this is the first place team for a reason and this game was an oddity

that said... we still have st louis/Washington in our path. tampa… they are like us... whoever got better goaltending is likely coming out of that series. we cant really do much to stack up against tampa. its a pickem imo… health and goaltending and officiating

but Washington/stlouis have a very real potential to hurt us... to injure us... and in 7 game series could intimidate us

spend the prospects... get Borowiecki here... get Simmonds here... even consider thornton. hes not a fighter but hes too big to be intimidated.

we got disposable prospects. this is a cup contending team... get us some depth with size.

Mike, you're right about moving Heinen out, and you're right that the Bruins would get taken down one at a time in a series with Washington and St. Louis but IMO you have the wrong guys coming back. Simmonds is 4 years past due IMO. He's cooked, done, finished. Boro would be a nice add if he were a right wing or simply a forward. The Bruins need a guy Like McDermid, Khairai or Deslauriers. They need guys that can hit, HARD. I know that they say that fighting isn't common in the playoffs but this team will get slaughtered on a nightly basis because it's been proven that they can't maintain in a rough series...

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida

Your post sounds emotional almost desperate ... did someone hack your account?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What a theme day

I watched Miracle on Ice. The Bolts & Bruins got slaughtered and the Leafs got beat by their maintenance man who is 42 years old had a kidney transplant and has 2 dogs at home wearing Leafs shirts for the game

What a fantastic game hockey is.
life is full of symbols and messages

many of us don’t identify or understand as they are happening as we are so busy in our lives

last nights Bruins game was the perfect stage all things factored in for that to happen

sticking with the last word - let’s see what happens in next 30 + hours.

Reactions: Bruin4ever

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
What a theme day

I watched Miracle on Ice. The Bolts & Bruins got slaughtered and the Leafs got beat by their maintenance man who is 42 years old had a kidney transplant and has 2 dogs at home wearing Leafs shirts for the game

What a fantastic game hockey is.
life is full of symbols and messages

many of us don’t identify or understand as they are happening as we are so busy in our lives

last nights Bruins game was the perfect stage all things factored in for that to happen

sticking with the last word - let’s see what happens in next 30 + hours

dude why are you up already?

I tools a Xyzal and fell asleep for only 4 hours :-(

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
dude why are you up already?

I tools a Xyzal and fell asleep for only 4 hours :-(
I wake up every day at 5 like clockwork

I am most energetic, focused, and creative in morning till noon. I get my stuff done

when the clock hits 12 noon - like Cinderella my life turns into a pumpkin- time to chill out

Life is balance and after noon I’m in Hakuna Mikita mindset (like that)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Stop trying to push only Heinen on them as the NHL piece...Make it Bjork as well, plus the 2nd and prospect and get Palmieri and Wood. Wood Coyle Kase would be a SC winning third line (well the top 6 is what makes it happen lol)…Donnie you said in it to win it, let's back those words up!

Bruins in 2011 brought in 3 huge additions, time to do the same...took 2 young guys off that current roster...time to do the same...time to make it happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia