Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I could be way off base here, But I don't think anything happens until later in the week for the Bruins. But watching the meltdown on Twitter because other teams have made a deal and Sweeney hasn't is quite enjoyable to say the least.

As of maybe 5 minutes ago, this is what I was told by an "acquaintance" in NJ: Devils will not trade Palmieri without giving the Bruins a final chance. Bruins have to much to get in order to "just make the trade".

Is the stuff they need to get in order salary cap issues?

Al, I’m reading that more like NJD has a hardon for Boston’s cupboards

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
One day when I become rich I am going to fly a couple 100 of us to an island the week of the trade deadline and we are all going to sit around refreshing trades

Good thing it isn't 2005 or else we would have to wait another day or two for the board to come back to life. Then what would we do? Sit around and talk to each other? :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Tom Fitzgerald was just on NHL on XM. Won't answer any questions on Palmieri out of respect for him as a player but he said he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't listen to calls on all of his players.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Tom Fitzgerald was just on NHL on XM. Won't answer any questions on Palmieri out of respect for him as a player but he said he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't listen to calls on all of his players.

Pfft. Chickenshit.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Wow.... what a seller's market right now. Unreal price paid for Dillon, who I wanted to see the Bruins pick up.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes.

It appears Moore is the guy they'll move for relief. I'll let "him" tell the story if he sees this.

I know everyone blames the Backes contract and there is some truth to that. But it's the Miller LTIR that is the hold up.

How so if Miller stays on the LTIR? I can't see him making it back. He isn't even practicing with the team, right? If/when he is cleared for that, and for contact, he would likely need a conditioning stint in Providence. I don't see him back this regular season, and probably not at all.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I know, but doesn't he know we are all sitting here waiting to hear what is going to happen? I'd like him to show some respect to HFBruins!
I mean the least he could do is throw his hometown team a little nugget of info.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
How so if Miller stays on the LTIR? I can't see him making it back. He isn't even practicing with the team, right? If/when he is cleared for that, and for contact, he would likely need a conditioning stint in Providence. I don't see him back this regular season, and probably not at all.

Because, as has been said a hundred times by other people here, namely @BrainOfJ , when using LTIR, contracts are not prorated. Palmieri's full $4,650,000 or Kreider's full $4,625,000 has to fit. And the Bruins currently have $3.1 million in space. That's because of Miller on LTIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad