Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
When did Yandle to Boston rumors start and end? It was seriously like a good 5+ year period where the Bruins were linked to him every deadline

@DKH would know better than I but 2015 deadline I could swear Vermette and Yandle were being discussed for Krug, Pasta and the first that was used for McAvoy. Neely intervened and said no way. The first and Krug were def part of it, I could be misremembering on Pasta

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Still one of my favorite shirts I own!
My brother is a flyers fan but he got me these 2 Bruins shirts for xmas. NHL 94 was tight.

UcejXpR.jpg

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Great question, I have no idea lol. If I'm lucky I'll have the reply open before the thread closes and I can copy/paste into the new thread. If someone knows it'd be good info to have.

OK, so the only way is if you know the post number and member number. The member number you can get by clicking on their user profile. Yours is 262759. The post number you can get from clicking on the time posted or the blue number in the bottom right corner. The post number will be at the end of the link that pops up (the post I'm replying to is 170524709. Then you enter the following (remove the spaces):

[ QUOTE = " OneManIsNoMan , post : 170524709 , member : 262759 " ] copy/paste the post message, and then end with [ / QUOTE ]

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
OK, so the only way is if you know the post number and member number. The member number you can get by clicking on their user profile. Yours is 262759. The post number you can get from clicking on the time posted or the blue number in the bottom right corner. The post number will be at the end of the link that pops up (the post I'm replying to is 170524709. Then you enter the following (remove the spaces):

[ QUOTE = " OneManIsNoMan , post : 170524709 , member : 262759 " ] copy/paste the post message, and then end with [ / QUOTE ]
or click on the red multi-quote at the bottom of the post. ;) Much easier IMO

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

Seems convoluted! Can’t you just copy paste? I’ve never tried the multi quote thing.

Too scared to gif either which is sad. I send 400 of them to my wife daily. Pretty sure she’s leaving me soon lol

Bruin4ever

Feb 17, 2020
I just joined this platform 2 days ago and doing my best to read all the posts and get where everyone is on this and it seems to me the consensus is our second line has to be better and it’s always someone to play with Krejci but has anyone talked about maybe it’s Krejci that should move and let Coyle handle the second line? Not trying to cause an uproar here as I like Krejci but it’s been a long time that things haven’t gone as we want it for his line and I’m wondering with his salary is it time to think of another way to run that line. Thoughts?

I also apologize if I ruined the thread with my thoughts!!

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Seems convoluted! Can’t you just copy paste? I’ve never tried the multi quote thing.

Too scared to gif either which is sad. I send 400 of them to my wife daily. Pretty sure she’s leaving me soon lol

Yeah, it should be easier, shouldn't it? You could also just @ the poster. That's what I usually do.

As for gifs, if you click on the Image link above the message box (smiley face), you can copy/paste the gif URL and it will post it.

Reactions: easton117

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I just joined this platform 2 days ago and doing my best to read all the posts and get where everyone is on this and it seems to me the consensus is our second line has to be better and it’s always someone to play with Krejci but has anyone talked about maybe it’s Krejci that should move and let Coyle handle the second line? Not trying to cause an uproar here as I like Krejci but it’s been a long time that things haven’t gone as we want it for his line and I’m wondering with his salary is it time to think of another way to run that line. Thoughts?

I don't think it's too big of a deal either way, there's the flexibility there to play a new winger with either one considering the main combinations are:

DeBrusk-Krejci
Bjork-Coyle

Not to mention both of those wingers have played with the other center as well.

We have the big line locked in, being able to roll the 2nd and 3rd lines fairly consistently should be the goal.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
think this... we were offering this package... for a player is mostly all garbage

when real trades get released most of us are caught with our pants down. even the trade desk experts will spend half an hour telling us... wait... wait... still getting details... we think theres a pick going that way... wait... wait... ok the pick is coming this way... there might still be another player involved... wait.. wait

I mean these are real trades... with all the resources in the world being used to break the trade... and the details are still a confusing mess

anyone with common sense can made a fairly educated guess at roughly the overall value. hell, most the posters here In the trade forum get it right at least 27% of the time and those people are largely fanatics with absolutely no common sense at alll

what we do know… about past discussions... is that ultimate the trade DIDNT HAPPEN!!!

when you watch a behind the scenes show where the cameras are there... you see how trades work. theres a whole team of voices. theres an owner who has some say how his money gets spent. theres a team president. theres usually some pro scouts... theres gm... theres often some assistant gms… the agents might get involved if theres contracts to discuss... there might be some no movement stuff to deal with...

I like trade rumors more than most people... but please be sensible about it. the nhl has TAMPERING rules that are very serious. the actual decesion making people in the front office will get fired if they are shooting around rumors involving players under contract to other teams. when rumors get leaked... its usually part of some agenda. it might be an agent trying to get his player dealt or something. it might be... whatever... but its not like don Sweeney is taking me aside and whispering in my ear... I want to trade for ryan whitney and rick middleton...

i really love that the insiders will share their little tidbits here... but i keep track and they are out to lunch 75-80% of the time if not more. i mean... i believe there was talks... so yeah im glad they shared. BUT TALKS DONT = TRADES

and most trades that go down... are never mentioned in any of our dozens of trade threads any given year

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
@DKH would know better than I but 2015 deadline I could swear Vermette and Yandle were being discussed for Krug, Pasta and the first that was used for McAvoy. Neely intervened and said no way. The first and Krug were def part of it, I could be misremembering on Pasta

Sweeney had to swat other GM's away like flies during Pasta's first couple of years. He said that he was interested in making a deal but everyone asked for Pasta and he would immediately turn them down. Some of the rumored names that i can remember were Ryan Ellis and Jacob Trouba.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I just want the B's to improve the Top 6, which means getting a RW who's more effective than Kuhlman. How hard can that be?

If it means giving up Kuhlman or Bjork or Heinen in a package with picks/prospects, that's fine with me. I like all those players, btw. Would prefer to keep Bjork over Kuhlman, if it comes to that, but whatever.

Like most of you, I want a rugged RW with some size and jam who can score. Kreider would be perfect.

Reactions: Strafer and ylekot

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Welcome Aboard!:yo::welcome:

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Two Devils fans in office and I trying to work a deal for palmieri and both had Bjork, both had a first and one had Lauzon and one had Frederic.

neither want anything to do with Heinen.

Doesn't sound like a match then. I wouldn't trade Bjork or Lauzon. Would consider Frederic but would prefer not to. I assume the 1st is a given.

Reactions: bbfan419

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Just please let tomorrow be the day.

Can't go into weekend shopping with Kuhlman as your #2Rw, panic shopping or dropping the ball.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad