Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Wood elite speed offset by lack of smarts.

You think so? The guy went to Nobles and BC, you can't be a dummy and get into those schools. He's also on pace for 25 points playing 12:30 a night with Wayne Simmonds and getting 60% Dzone starts. That's 25 even strength points. Kyle Palmieri averages 33 even strength points with a lot more ice time.

Reactions: Kosi

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Pierre Lebrun today in a report on 'six realistic deadline trades'

Anaheim Ducks trade Ondrej Kase to the Boston Bruins in exchange for prospect Oskar Steen and a 2020 third-round pick.

LeBrun: Six specific trade deadline moves that make a lot of...

not the answer for a trade deadline but would definitely make this move. However, Oskar Steen I think is a legit player and will be in the NHL driving people nuts and putting up middle-6 points in the near future.

Reactions: Flannelman

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You think so? The guy went to Nobles and BC, you can't be a dummy and get into those schools. He's also on pace for 25 points playing 12:30 a night with Wayne Simmonds and getting 60% Dzone starts. That's 25 even strength points. Kyle Palmieri averages 33 even strength points with a lot more ice time.

It should be clear that we are talking about hockey here, correct?

Hockey smarts. Not related to school smarts.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I've known athletes who have been to both. Trust me, you can.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
1st, Vaak, Heinen, Backes for Palmieri & Wood

Marsh - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Palmieri
Wood - Coyle - Bjork
Blidh - Kuraly - Wagner

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Gryz - Lauzon

Rask - Halak

Scratches: Kuhlman, Lindholm, Clifton
2021-22 Cap Space: $508,334*

Krug $7m/5 yrs
DeBrusk $4m/3 yrs
Grzelcyk $3m/3yrs
Halak $4m/1yr
Bjork $1m/2 yrs
Kuhlman $1m/2yrs
Lauzon $1m/2yrs

The cap hit above does not include Chara's bonus (if we end up going over this year), and if I had to cut money to make room for that I'd roll the dice on a different backup. As well as Halak has played, he will be 35 in May so there's already some risk in re-signing him.

If we are going to pay to dump Backes... I want to aim higher than Palmieri. Both in quality and in term. Paying the 1st to dump Backes just so we can have Palmieri next year... I don't love. We can just play the rental game again next year if we are just getting Palmieri and use the 1st then... and hope maybe that it becomes less of a need between now and then. I just don't get the point.

Reactions: PlayMakers

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Anaheim Ducks trade Ondrej Kase to the Boston Bruins in exchange for prospect Oskar Steen and a 2020 third-round pick.

Thanks for sharing- Especially typing out the main point as I dont pay for this :laugh:

IMO- This would be a fine traded. However- Acquiring Kase is settling.

And is not a second line solution. Aim higher.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Oh yeah. If they want an athelete in their program, they get them there whether or not they should be there academically. I've seen it many, many a time in my job. Calling some of these guys a box of rocks mentally is a compliment, but here they are in my university because they can do something special with a ball.

Reactions: Scruffy and Lo97

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
what about a Heinen/Kase 1 for 1 swap?

Would Anaheim do it? If not, what would we need to add? Looking at their numbers, they're pretty similar offensively so it doesn't seem like a huge stretch, but most people consider Kase to have higher skill and upside and that he's just waiting to break out.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
what about a Heinen/Kase 1 for 1 swap?

Would Anaheim do it? If not, what would we need to add? Looking at their numbers, they're pretty similar offensively so it doesn't seem like a huge stretch, but most people consider Kase to have higher skill and upside and that he's just waiting to break out.
I think it would be a good swap for both teams. I believe I was talking to playmakers about this a couple of months ago. Age, production, salary are basically even. Ducks need lw, bruins need rw. Change of scenery might do both some good. A true hockey trade. Good suggestion.

Lo97

May 10, 2019
1st, Vaak, Heinen, Backes for Palmieri & Wood

Marsh - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Palmieri
Wood - Coyle - Bjork
Blidh - Kuraly - Wagner

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Gryz - Lauzon

Rask - Halak

Scratches: Kuhlman, Lindholm, Clifton
2021-22 Cap Space: $508,334*

Krug $7m/5 yrs
DeBrusk $4m/3 yrs
Grzelcyk $3m/3yrs
Halak $4m/1yr
Bjork $1m/2 yrs
Kuhlman $1m/2yrs
Lauzon $1m/2yrs

The cap hit above does not include Chara's bonus (if we end up going over this year), and if I had to cut money to make room for that I'd roll the dice on a different backup. As well as Halak has played, he will be 35 in May so there's already some risk in re-signing him.
I can't wait for the deadline so I never have to see Miles Wood thrown in another trade proposal.

Lo97

May 10, 2019
Yeah, cuz I'm sure all the guys on the Duke Basketball team are there because they're smart.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
AP19323749390373.jpg

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Steen + 2020 3rd for Kase is what Lebrun says makes a lot of sense in his article.

I like Steen as a prospect but I make this trade in a heart beat. I would think it costs more to acquire Kase but I'm not a GM. Great thing about Kase is he an RFA and potetial long term 2nd line RW solution. Worst thing about him is he appears hes made of glass. Hopefully the latter is behind him.

Reactions: bbfan419

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Steen + 2020 3rd for Kase is what Lebrun says makes a lot of sense in his article.

I like Steen as a prospect but I make this trade in a heart beat. I would think it costs more to acquire Kase but I'm not a GM. Great thing about Kase is he an RFA and potetial long term 2nd line RW solution. Worst thing about him is he appears hes made of glass. Hopefully the latter is behind him.

At this point I don't see how Kase is that much of a better option than Anders Bjork, though. At least not the way Bjork has been playing of late. If that is as high of a target that Sweeney is going to aim for, why bother giving up a prospect and a pick when you have something very similar on your team already.

Reactions: Estlin and Skelen

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
At this point I don't see how Kase is that much of a better option than Anders Bjork, though. At least not the way Bjork has been playing of late. If that is as high of a target that Sweeney is going to aim for, why bother giving up a prospect and a pick when you have something very similar on your team already.

Kase potential ceiling much higher than Bjork imo.

Reactions: Dr Hook

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

good lord if people here complain about heinen I can’t even imagine what it will be like with Kase.

in 730 minutes this season heinen has 7 goals 14 assists and 27 hits

in 770 minutes this season Kase has 6 goals 15 assists and 9 hits.

Heinen is also a much better defensive forward. Basically bringing in someone with the same production who hits less and is worse defensively.

Last edited:

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Heinen seems to get mentioned over and over as an option, but it seems like Cassidy values him.
On the other hand, Cehlarik seems like the one always in Cassidy's doghouse, and like others the B's traded away, might have value and prosper with a change.

Reactions: bbfan419

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
so why is it that the jets are likely going to get out from under Buff's cap hit but the Bruins can't do the same with Backes?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Kase is a gamble and not a sure thing.

If he is acquired it should be a secondary move like getting Toffoli. It's not an answer but adding scoring depth.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
so why is it that the jets are likely going to get out from under Buff's cap hit but the Bruins can't do the same with Backes?

Is that the case? They’ll have no cap implications?

when Kings/Ilya parted earlier this year, there were penalties, right? Dead cap on their roster?

happy to be wrong

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

It's a mutual termination. He's agreeing to forgo the remaining money on his contract.

Backes doesn't want to give up the money, so he wouldn't agree to terminate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad