ALL BLOUSE TALK HERE - All The Cool Kids Call Jerseys Blouses - Part Nine

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Please excuse the quality of these images... I just grabbed them off my smartphone from ones I sent to my son on my messages app to show him them; not planning on using them on here.

I'm usually not a bootleg jersey guy, but when I saw the new 2023-24 jersey, I just knew that it was a boon to the fake jersey industry. The simplicity of the customization was perfectly tailored to having the bootlegs back to amore even keel to compete with Adidas/Fanatics. I always found the knockoffs to be pretty well constructed/manufactured compared to the real stuff... by no means perfect, you understand, but from a normal social distance, pretty pretty pretty good... Where the shortcoming has been since the CCM Era departed was in the customization, especially with the more ornate ones, such as the Flyers have, where they had their own people customize them... through Skatezone, etc. They were too well designed and manufactured for the bootleggers to duplicate; that was always the telltale thing that people don't fakes from across the WFC atrium.

when I saw the new simple design, I knew in my heart of hearts thst the knockoffs would be back to near acceptable... or even at times, acceptable. If you look at the images of the Tippett Jersey below, you shoukd see what im talking about. They are far from perfect, but to the average hockey fans, they are passable, especially at a distance, and when not touched.

I purchased this jersey for $60.00 total at a brick and mortar store, where it can be exchanged... I'm sure some can be bought for even cheaper over the internet, but without inspection, shipping... and confidence. It is a far cry better than the reversed retro Hayes one, (where the authentic has more ornate customization) that I'll post at the end. FWIW
20240303_174009.jpg
20240303_174212.jpg
20210905_181945.jpg
20210905_181838.jpg

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Am I wrong for liking the Stadium Series jersey?

Then again, I like the chrome 3rd from 20 years ago and I think I'm on an island there. Have a couple watched on Ebay.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Am I wrong for liking the Stadium Series jersey?

Then again, I like the chrome 3rd from 20 years ago and I think I'm on an island there. Have a couple watched on Ebay.
No... you are not wrong (on the latest Stadium Series jerseys)... I personally love them, and wouldn't mind some features incorporated into future Flyers Jerseys... such as the wrap around name panel that morphs into the sleeve part, and the shoulder numbers, just to name a couple... in fact, I'd l love to have them replace the current black alternates, where the hollowed out numbers are so hard (read 'impossible') to read from even the lowest mezzanine rows.

I actually like the white Flyers jerseys... and, in this case, the plain unboardered, non-twill customisation works well on them... and the orange/white contrast looks fantastic... and I can truthfully state that the much cheaper Fanatics version, that is so much cheaper than the Adidas authentic version, looks great... even without the fancy smancy Flying 'P' embossing... only the jock tag takes away from it compared to the authentic. People fear the Fanatics take-over, but TBH, this is the first time a cheaper version has been made available to us, that actually looks very good, since the days of CCM. This of course is JMO.

I don't think you want me to get into my opinion of the Chrome 3D alternate... so I will leave it right here... without going any farther.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
This one arrived today. Fanatics got money from me because apparently Meigray no longer gets any game worn sets from these outdoor games. Just another reason Fanatics blows.

Cam York First Period Stadium Series Game Worn Jersey

Jersey was easily photo matched to the marks on the crest which were there before he even took the ice as shown in the National Anthem pictures.

View attachment 831439
View attachment 831442
View attachment 831440

So.... does this mean you don't have a spare box anymore?

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I was planning on buying a Caps gamer from Meigray with part of my tax return if I knew I was going to be employed still. On a whim, I decided to see if there were any jerseys anywhere online of the only player I can think of with my last name, and what do you know, the Syracuse Crunch have two on their online team store, for nearly half the price of the Meigray jerseys I was looking at. I'd love to buy both but can't exactly afford to. I have more attachment to the Caps players (former Bears) but it's not every day you find a gamer with your name on it. Damn this hobby, lol.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's been out there for a couple of days but... it's good to see that they're actually putting out the Made In Canada jerseys with Fanatics taking over. This hasn't really been an easily acquirable thing in a decade plus.

$425 blank which is absurd but hey at least it's an option.

Atlanta again? Why does the NHL continue to fist itself?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad